NU in a bad light

Lots of negative recruiting going on against Nebraska. Andre Jones said that "many" schools implied that Nebraska was an "all-white" school that was not a good place for African-Americans to attend. I think that the interviewer was a bit suprised to hear that. Dre said that he had no problem telling these coaches they were full of ****. Secondarily, he was told that Callahan would be fired. However, he said that this stuff was "deja vu all over again" from when he was recruited out of high school, so he kind of expected it.

Some coaches would sell their first born son just so they can get the top recruits....I wish the NCAA could do something, but it is just a he said, she said game.

The Huskers can let their game play do the the talking. I think that some teams are just getting a little nervous now that the Huskers are running a different offense and may take some of their recruits away (i.e. USC).

And people on both coasts think there are cowboys and indians still roaming the plains. It's an international stereotype. A friend was vacationing in Austrailia last year and one of the Aussies heard he was from Omaha, Nebraska and wanted to know if he was a farmer.

I think Andre Davis has a good head on his shoulders and can be a pretty good interview. Just as long as he backs up what he says like McKeon I'm all for it.

:restore2

as long as our coaches dont bad mouth other programs in the recruiting world i could care less. We should be above this and if we engage in this trash recruiting we are only hurting ourselves and damaging our image. we have to show why we are the greatest and why all the top players in the country should want to play at Nebraska.

Lots of negative recruiting going on against Nebraska. Andre Jones said that "many" schools implied that Nebraska was an "all-white" school that was not a good place for African-Americans to attend. I think that the interviewer was a bit suprised to hear that. Dre said that he had no problem telling these coaches they were full of ****. Secondarily, he was told that Callahan would be fired. However, he said that this stuff was "deja vu all over again" from when he was recruited out of high school, so he kind of expected it.

I SMELL FEAR AND IT STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard the worst was USC. The stereotypes of NU are terrible, and i am glad someone stood up for us. I am also so proud that our coaches aren't this way. I like the "if you don't want to be here, we don't need you" mentality. Many recruits choose NU because of the style of John Blake. They see what excitement our coaches have, and want to be part of this team. If NU is all white, then why do i have African-American friends who aren't on the team?

Another part of that interview said coaches (i think especially USC) were saying a degree from NU was worth as much as toilet paper. Are we not in the top 50 public academic Universities? I thought we were. Ask our record number of academic all-americans if they got a good job out of college.

I HATE NEGATIVE RECRUITING! If your program is so good, why must you hate on other universities?

All schools say something negative about each other, The kid's just have to figure it out for themselves. I don't think Pete Carroll would say bad things, he might try and persuade a recruit because NU plays them for the next 2 years. Besides he was one of the people that recommended Bill Callahan for the NEBRASKA job.

I keep hearing Oregon, Washinigton, possible USC and a couple SEC teams that keep coming up as the teams that are the worst.

I think that when T.O. retired that a lot of schools thought we would now drop off in our recruiting, so they seem to me to be really be worried about this staff and the way they are getting some top recruits to visit even if they are not commiting. The name "Nebraska" still opens a lot of doors.

GBR!!!