B1G Football Schedules: 9 Conference Games, No FCS Opponents

Seriously, no coach was in favor of the non FCS rule? I actually find that surprising.

According to the tweet, the vote was against the 9 conference games, not the FCS games.

This. And I don't agree with Delaney. B1G teams don't need to play 9 B1G games and a power 5 team to get into the playoffs. That's just his excuse. It will make for more exciting games and more money, but it's not a necessity.

I don't understand why everyone is wanting to block out the FCS team. If I recall, they have beat a few Power 5 schools recently. The biggest being Michigan. I think once we get to 16 team conferences then the FCS thing will go away. As for 9 conference games, how will that work out with the schedule. Will be have protected cross-over games again?

Seriously, no coach was in favor of the non FCS rule? I actually find that surprising.

According to the tweet, the vote was against the 9 conference games, not the FCS games.

This. And I don't agree with Delaney. B1G teams don't need to play 9 B1G games and a power 5 team to get into the playoffs. That's just his excuse. It will make for more exciting games and more money, but it's not a necessity.

Why should we change when the SEC will keep at 8? Why put ourselves at a disadvantage. Hell they all play 2 or 3 cupcakes.

Why should we change when the SEC will keep at 8? Why put ourselves at a disadvantage. Hell they all play 2 or 3 cupcakes.

Agreed.