Camping Out: Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

Moore has good speed and is learning - thanks to coach Keith Williams - to "have a plan" at the line of scrimmage for getting off of press coverage. Moore has more physicality to him than you'd expect - once he catches the ball. Pelzer is reminiscent of former Husker receiver Grant Mulkey. Similarly tough and willing to lay out for catches. He may have earned a rep or two during games.

Turner has been inconsistent. Still a guy with talent. Still a guy who will play. But still the receiver from 2011-2013, too. Alston has speed, but could use a redshirt season. Before he got hurt, Sam Burtch didn't practice nearly enough to make much of an impression, but seems to know the offense.

OWH

Moore has good speed and is learning - thanks to coach Keith Williams - to "have a plan" at the line of scrimmage for getting off of press coverage. Moore has more physicality to him than you'd expect - once he catches the ball. Pelzer is reminiscent of former Husker receiver Grant Mulkey. Similarly tough and willing to lay out for catches. He may have earned a rep or two during games.

Turner has been inconsistent. Still a guy with talent. Still a guy who will play. But still the receiver from 2011-2013, too. Alston has speed, but could use a redshirt season. Before he got hurt, Sam Burtch didn't practice nearly enough to make much of an impression, but seems to know the offense.

OWH

If he is even close to reminiscent of Mulkey, I may have a new favorite player!

LINK

I'm not concerned about the WRs. I just found this comment interesting. I'm assuming it's taken out of context and isn't what it sounds like. The way it's written it sounds like we have very little talent at WR. What I'm guessing he means is that so many guys are sitting out for various reasons that it's thin.

— Williams said this is the thinnest wide receiver group he’s coached, but he’s not allowing that to change what he wants to do this camp.

Yeah, I saw that as well. We lost some guys in the off-season and had some injuries. I'm assuming he's including guys missing practice with injuries in that comment. If we get guys healthy, I would think we're OK. We lost ... what ... 2-3 guys over the summer so probably short a guy or two.