Concentration Camps USA c/o AZ Sheriff Arpaio

Arpaio could be the most suitable running mate for Der Trump--2 fine fascists. Between Der Trump's 'Wall' and Arpaio's concentration camps in the desert of AZ, seems the 2 fine fascists could solidify their sociopolitical(sociopathic) platform that the cause of everyone's problems everywhere is to be blamed on Latino 'illegal immigrants' who have supplanted American Blacks as the new most oppressed class--though Blacks, occupying the most economically sacrificed areas of urban America--e.g., the miles upon miles of desolate, refugee camp style row houses of Baltimore, MD( http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7435/9599935705_c2d72a339a_b.jpg)--and being increasingly gunned down in cold blood by increasingly racist/fascist cops, might still offer up an argument to the contrary.

...lockups that give Gitmo and Abu Ghraib a run for their money.

Arpaio set up hundreds of Army surplus tents from the Korean War era and used them to house prisoners. Tent City residents now number more than 2,000, most of them awaiting trial. The tents are unheated in winter and uncooled in summer—temperatures inside them have been clocked as high as 145 degrees. A few permanent buildings suffice for showers and meals, and a guard tower displays a permanent "vacancy" sign, warning passersby to stay in line. Arpaio himself has called the place a "concentration camp," while Tent City's prisoners have gone so far as to cobble together a survival guide. To humiliate his charges, Arpaio dresses them in old-school chain-gang stripes, and forces male prisoners to don pink underpants—a detail that has scored him some points among locals. "I can get elected on pink underwear," the 80-year-old sheriff has said. "I've done it five times." By day, men, women, and even some teens are sent out to work on chain gangs, sustained by twice-daily meals that are the cheapest among the nation's lockups. (Arpaio brags that he saved taxpayers $20,000 by eliminating salt and pepper.) Back at camp they risk beatings by gangbangers and guards, and medical care so abysmal that it has been ruled unconstitutional by a federal court. ( http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/10-worst-prisons-america-joe-arpaio-tent-city)

maricopa-county-jail-male-inmates-32.jpg

Netroots Nation on Arpaio (C-Span)

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327051-3/discussion-immigration-laws

hqdefault.jpg

Donald Trump finds anti-immigrant ally in Sheriff Joe Arpaio (http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-finds-anti-immigrant-ally-sheriff-joe-arpaio)

You lost me pretty quick, but the "increasingly racist/facist cop" thing was a nice touch. Way to complain about racism and then lump all cops together. :xcuse

Hey, what are those 2 brown things on either side of the flag? Those would be Roman fasci, go fig:

Congress-2-fasci.jpg

Anyway, I'm not necessarily lumping all cops together, most are 'good', or so they say. Probably best to consult black folks more on that one, even the wealthy ones--lawyers and such--who claim with great consistency that no matter how 'repsctable' they otherwise may be, they still worry about getting roughed up and/or shot at routine traffic stops. I've heard 2 black lawyers on C-Span in the last week echo that sentiment. maybe ask the inates @ 'Tent City', well, that's why I put the vids up there.

Anyway, insitutionally, the police force has had an aspect of it's fumction being that of social control, mainly of the most economically oppressed--or 'surplus'--members of the society. I will also add the rather disturbing 'news' that the high power structure of the USA is getting increasingly fascist--lacking only the overtly autocratic leader. Fascism as defined by Mussolini and the like, where high finance/corporate interests are heavily consolidated with state control, namely the National Security State. The lower level elements of the gov't--e.g., Congress--basically bought and paid for to legislate the bidding of the former, i.e., the privatization of everything public. There is the ceaseless warmongering abroad and domestic militarization of everything, movies, sports, etc. known as the 'martial ethic'. Citizen's United is pretty much the death blow to democracy unless it's repealed. Oh, and don't forget the media, especially Fox News. The increasing 'police state' in the USA, with the TSA, the NSA, surveillence all over the place, calling everybody who doesn't necessarily agree a 'terrorist', well, Hitler would stand in admiration. I wish I were joking, but there are plenty of serious politcal analysts who make the case quite strongly. But, it's pretty observable, in your face, if one cares to look. Only a thin facade of democracy exists, for The People, at this time.

Trump, I hate to say, would fit the role of an autocratic dictator quite well and his mesmorising of John Q Public with his cult of celebrity and worship of wealth and America exceptionalism, scapegoating of defensless minorities.....all the incredients are there.

Well, don't take my word for it: http://www.globalresearch.ca/is-the-us-a-fascist-society-examining-the-existence-of-fascism-in-the-united-states/5377146

220px-American_Fascists.jpg

Interesting tidbit:

The dystopian scenes of paramilitary units in camouflage rampaging through the streets of Ferguson, pointing assault rifles at unarmed residents and launching tear gas into people’s front yards from behind armored personnel carriers (APCs), could easily be mistaken for a Tuesday afternoon in the occupied West Bank.

And it’s no coincidence.

At least two of the four law enforcement agencies that were deployed in Ferguson up until Thursday evening — the St. Louis County Police Department and the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department — received training from Israeli security forces in recent years. https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/israel-trained-police-occupy-missouri-after-killing-black-youth

Well, if anyone knows the true genocidal occupation of the Israelis over the Palestinians, that's what that's all about.

You know, corno, you're obviously a pretty smart guy with valuable perspectives and passionate opinions. I think it would be better received if it didn't seem like you were going on the warpath every time. You do want to communicate, share, and maybe change some minds, right? Some ways will only make people dig in to what they currently hold more.

Obviously, I don't think anyone expects prisons to be pleasant experiences. There's a line though for unconstitutionality. If a judge already ruled in 2008 that it was unconstitutional, what changes have happened since then? Is this a case of one bad actor, or perhaps a systemic issue with those lines being toed?

• Fire 1

You know, corno, you're obviously a pretty smart guy with valuable perspectives and passionate opinions. I think it would be better received if it didn't seem like you were going on the warpath every time. You do want to communicate, share, and maybe change some minds, right? Some ways will only make people dig in to what they currently hold more.

Obviously, I don't think anyone expects prisons to be pleasant experiences. There's a line though for unconstitutionality. If a judge already ruled in 2008 that it was unconstitutional, what changes have happened since then? Is this a case of one bad actor, or perhaps a systemic issue with those lines being toed?

I'm a bit battle warn and testy from years of debating apologists of white supremacy, American Exceptionalism, hard core 'free market' capitalism, fascism, systematic racism, and the like. So, my apologies.

As far as the Arpaio case goes, I'm relatively new to the conversation, which is a testimony to the ongoing omission of important issues in the MSM. Somehow Arpaio is using state law to circumvent Fed law, is what I gather, and the guy has been using his 'Tent City'--and the racial profiling thereof--as his main platform for continued reelection, which means that, apparantly, many residents of AZ are apologists as I just mentioned.

The problem with fascism directed at one group is that, over time, it tends to 'spill over' to other groups. That's the nature of the beast.

• Fire 3

Complains about white racists and conservative's, doesn't realize half the stuff he's complaining about are being pushed and expanded by democratic minorities.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It blows my mind people still try to pin these types of problems on "republicans" or "democrats"...

• Fire 1

Complains about white racists and conservative's, doesn't realize half the stuff he's complaining about are being pushed and expanded by democratic minorities.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It blows my mind people still try to pin these types of problems on "republicans" or "democrats"...

Actually, no. See, racism is fundamentally an institutional power relationship of one race over another. So, in the USA Inc, as in most of the world, there is institional, economic and otherwise power of whites over blacks and other non whties--going back to slavery. So, there may be predudicial slurs from, say, blacks about whites, but they have little to no institutional social power--i.e., they don't control anything on a large scale, e.g., the banking system, political system, legal system, etc.-- so it doesn't mean anything. Racism is a class/power relationship based on race. So, no, minorities are not responsible for racism in the USA and it's completely uninformed to say so.

I rather enjoy capitalism, rather than the sit on my ass and ask for a government check game that runs amuck in this country.

Actually, the ones who enjoy the greatest profits are the ones who do the most ass sitting. Profits are what you make for not working, just ask any banker or Wall St guy. I guess you're the only guy in the world who hasn't heard of 'corporate welfare', but thanks for sharing.