Let's not act like this was a big surprise

BYU is a top 20 team. We knew this would be a tough game and any unbiased husker fan realized that. With that being said, there are a few things I took from this game.

1. BYU will be the best offense we see all season.

2. We showed resilience in the second half and made some adjustments, this would not have happened the past few years so progress has already been made.

3. Our oline needs work but we knew that they were inexperienced coming into this year, there will be growing pains.

4. We barely bear mcneese state last year,

I'd take this loss over that win

5. Let's not overreact, this is just one game against a possible top 20 team. Relax!

• Fire 3

That, and we pretty much had the game in the bag. Two chances to convert a first down for the win. And even after we gave them the ball back we just had prevent a score by the second string QB with a minute left on the clock and 80 yards to cover. It was sort of a fluke that we ended up losing. That, and BYU's freakishly tall WRs gave us fits all day.

• Fire 3

That, and we pretty much had the game in the bag. Two chances to convert a first down for the win. And even after we gave them the ball back we just had prevent a score by the second string QB with a minute left on the clock and 80 yards to cover. It was sort of a fluke that we ended up losing. That, and BYU's freakishly tall WRs gave us fits all day.

Best wr Corp we will play all year. There were at least 10 catches due to height.

BYU is a top 20 team. We knew this would be a tough game and any unbiased husker fan realized that. With that being said, there are a few things I took from this game.

1. BYU will be the best offense we see all season.

2. We showed resilience in the second half and made some adjustments, this would not have happened the past few years so progress has already been made.

3. Our oline needs work but we knew that they were inexperienced coming into this year, there will be growing pains.

4. We barely bear mcneese state last year,

I'd take this loss over that win

5. Let's not overreact, this is just one game against a possible top 20 team. Relax!

You can keep the moral victory here. The game still ended in a "1" in the loss column. Hopefully, we see major improvements in the defense and special teams. I would say it would be nice to see more running, but I doubt that is the direction of the Riley offense (given the practice reports and tonight's game).