Is Mike Riley to passive to be successfull?

Highway6

Serious question. When it comes to college football at a high-level does hoe-hum dag nabbit get it done for you? I played baseball at a high level and I never had a coach like Riley. All my coaches were more authoritarian. So for you football guys who have played in college what say you?

Serious question. When it comes to college football at a high-level does hoe-hum dag nabbit get it done for you? I played baseball at a high level and I never had a coach like Riley. All my coaches were more authoritarian. So for you football guys who have played in college what say you?

Serious question: Have you ever heard of a guy named Tom Osborne?

• Fire 1

I think your perception of Tom Osborne is skewed.

Same goes to you brother. I think your perception of Tom Osborne is skewed.

I think your perception of Tom Osborne is skewed.

yep, Tom Osborne was never passive complete misconception.

Oh...Dear Lord. Please, end this thread and any like it. Man I knew the first loss was going to raise some real drama, but the first game, and to lose like that...... Man this is gonna blow.

its a question. A serious one geared more towards people who have played athletics beyond high school. Care to answer? I criticized their comparisons of Riley to T.O. Because they are not in the same ball park. Still, nobody cares to answer the question. It's all based on personal experience. Have you ever been successful with a passive coach?

Oh...Dear Lord. Please, end this thread and any like it. Man I knew the first loss was going to raise some real drama, but the first game, and to lose like that...... Man this is gonna blow.

its a question. A serious one geared more towards people who have played athletics beyond high school. Care to answer? I criticized their comparisons of Riley to T.O. Because they are not in the same ball park. Still, nobody cares to answer the question. It's all based on personal experience. Have you ever been successful with a passive coach?

So you're upset about losing a heartbreaker on a last second Hail Mary and you start this thread. Then when someone answers your question in a reasonable manner, as Knapp did above, you simply dismiss the answer with a childish retort of "He's no Tom Osborne". But I don't think we need to go down that rabbit hole of comparing TO to Riley. Instead let's consider whether your question even makes sense. What makes you say that Mike Riley is passive? Do you know what it means to be passive? Riley is universally acknowledged to be a nice guy. But he's not passive.

Did you think our guys weren't fired up enough? If you think we came out playing flat yesterday I didn't see it. Is that what you mean by passive? And when we fell behind in the second quarter, Riley made some changes and rallied the troops at halftime. We came back and took the lead. Is that being passive? Our D-line was putting pressure on the QB all day long. Is that being passive?

How is Mike Riley being passive? Do you want us to blitz every play or something? Or maybe you're talking about his sideline demeanor. Do you want Riley to scream at the refs all game and rave up and down the sidelines like a madman, like the last guy? Is that what you think a coach should act like? Do you think that would help us win? What is it about Mike Riley that makes you he is passive being?. I don't think you know what that word means.

pas·sive

(păs′ĭv)

adj.
1. Receiving or subjected to an action without responding or initiating an action in return.
2. Accepting or submitting without objection or resistance; submissive.
3. Existing, conducted, or experienced without active or concerted effort.
  • Fire 2

So you're upset about losing a heartbreaker on a last second Hail Mary and you start this thread. Then when someone answers your question in a reasonable manner, as Knapp did above, you simply dismiss the answer with a childish retort of "He's no Tom Osborne". But I don't think we need to go down that rabbit hole of comparing TO to Riley. Instead let's consider whether your question even makes sense. What makes you say that Mike Riley is passive? Do you know what it means to be passive? Riley is universally acknowledged to be a nice guy. But he's not passive.

Did you think our guys weren't fired up enough? If you think we came out playing flat yesterday I didn't see it. Is that what you mean by passive? And when we fell behind in the second quarter, Riley made some changes and rallied the troops at halftime. We came back and took the lead. Is that being passive? Our D-line was putting pressure on the QB all day long. Is that being passive?

How is Mike Riley being passive? Do you want us to blitz every play or something? Or maybe you're talking about his sideline demeanor. Do you want Riley to scream at the refs all game and rave up and down the sidelines like a madman, like the last guy? Is that what you think a coach should act like? Do you think that would help us win? What is it about Mike Riley that makes you he is passive being?. I don't think you know what that word means.

pas·sive

(păs′ĭv)

adj.

1. Receiving or subjected to an action without responding or initiating an action in return.

2. Accepting or submitting without objection or resistance; submissive.

3. Existing, conducted, or experienced without active or concerted effort.

We are seeing eye to eye Nuance.