SEC OOC Scheduling Mantra

Creed

The SEC does have a nice OOC system going. Get a #3 Alabama vs #20 Wisconsin - team replacing a lot and will likely improve and do well in the B1G, likely to be ranked by year end. Play a quasi home game at neutral site. A pretty safe win for the SEC. SEC #2 team Auburn vs a mid level unranked ACC team at neutral site. Again a safe win. Unranked A&M a "neutral" site game vs a ranked team, ASU. Roll the dice, maybe ASU is over ranked, get them down the road in Houston and a win would catapult A&M and put another SEC team in the Top 25. SCar escapes a win over unranked UNC at a neutral site. Why wasn't this game at UNC since the two teams played at UScar 2 years ago? Reason - that reduces the likelihood of a p5 win.

Suddenly the theme among CFB experts in 2015 is the SEC great record vs P5 teams. Contrast that vs the B10 who had 2-3 tough match ups (Wisc vs Bama, Minn vs TCU, Mich AT Utah) and now the story with the B1G is that there are only 2 ranked teams and OSU has an easy path. This pays off for the SEC as now they get 10 teams in the top 25 and now many of the teams can just swap positions in the top 25 and keep them in contention for the playoff.

Look at the results of some true SEC road games the last 10 years.

Tenn - losses at UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Oklahoma - no road OOC wins

Auburn - loss at WVU, loss at Clemson, road win #5 auburn over #20 KState

LSU - ranked #11 win at UR Washington, ranked #2 win at #18 WVU

UGA - loss at Clemson, loss at 5-7 Colorado (lol), loss at Oklahoma State, ranked #3 win at UR ASU

Bama - ranked #1 win at UR DUKE, #3 ranked win at #23 Penn State

No wonder the SEC hardly plays any true road OOC games. OK - I didn't include 3 SEC teams who play an annual game vs an ACC opponent but still. Would be nice to see the SEC play more games across other conferences and not just cherry pick their best team vs a b-level team.

PS - So miss state looks like crap over So miss and moves into the Top 25 and Northwestern beats a ranked Stanford team and does not??? UR A&M beats ASU and now all the way up to #15.

• Fire 2

UGA had a home and home with Ohio State that Ohio State backed out of, and we're supposed to have one with Notre Dame, hopefully that happens. The Carolinas played in Charlotte because that's the Belk kickoff classic. Same reason the Chick fil la kickoff classic is in Atlanta (peach bowl). I agree though, some pretty embarrassing losses. Supposedly every team has to play one power five OOC now though, so I guess you'll see a lot of Wake Forest games or whatever. :P

UGA had a home and home with Ohio State that Ohio State backed out of, and we're supposed to have one with Notre Dame, hopefully that happens. The Carolinas played in Charlotte because that's the Belk kickoff classic. Same reason the Chick fil la kickoff classic is in Atlanta (peach bowl). I agree though, some pretty embarrassing losses. Supposedly every team has to play one power five OOC now though, so I guess you'll see a lot of Wake Forest games or whatever. :P

Yeah a lot of Wake Forests' and Indiana's (oh wait).

IIRC the Ohio State back out was due to the B10-PAC 12 scheduling pact pitting similarly ranked teams (OSU vs USC, Oregon, UCLA not Wash St, Cal, etc) but that scheduling pact fell apart.

So is SCar going to ever play at UNC since UNC played at SCar? It seems it was a home n neutral for SCar and not the traditional home n home deal.

If it were up to me, there should be a centralized scheduling system.

The only teams that matter are #1, #2, #3, #4

College

Football

Selection

Committee.

Totally agree but 80% of the talk on CFB shows (TV, radio, etc) is about what is the best conference. I am starting to believe you get a trophy or a cookie or something.

I guess having many ranked teams from a conference could affect a 2-loss SEC champ getting in over a 1-loss P5 champ or possibly add a second SEC team to the playoffs.

I know it will all be sorted out by early December and as I predicted on another thread, there will be no SEC teams in the final four. Too much parity and don't see any SEC team going 13-0 or 12-1 although Alabama looked very good.