D(er) Trump(ino) Thread

^^^

What Mr. Trump is implying is that since Cruz is of Cuban descent, he will have trouble appealing to voters in Iowa. Cuba is only ~5% Protestant (even less Evangelical Christian) so attempts to appeal to the large number of Evangelical Christians within the state may be troublesome given his family heritage.

There is nothing wrong with stating the facts that you stated but that's not what Trump is doing with his statement.

^^^

What Mr. Trump is implying is that since Cruz is of Cuban descent, he will have trouble appealing to voters in Iowa. Cuba is only ~5% Protestant (even less Evangelical Christian) so attempts to appeal to the large number of Evangelical Christians within the state may be troublesome given his family heritage.

There is nothing wrong with stating the facts that you stated but that's not what Trump is doing with his statement.

I disagree, although I am interested in hearing others' takes. What do you think that he was getting at?

^^^

I disagree, although I am interested in hearing others' takes. What do you think that he was getting at?

That's the problem with how vague it is. Already posted what I think. He can be vague then have a fool proof defense for anything he says.

He's an idiot. Not a fascists.

I agree that Trump is an idiot. I actually think that Trump and Obama have quite a bit in common. Trump claims that he's the anti-politician, but his behavior is like a classic politician. Like Obama, Trump seizes on hot button wedge issues and tries to pick sides for political gain despite the fact that he is dividing constituents in the process. We saw Obama jump on the Oregon shooting in an attempt to "politicize" gun control, just as Trump jumped on the terrorist attack to spew his anti-Muslim ban. Obama demonizes those that are successful and in the top 1%, and even those who do well but are not in the top 1% somehow are "unamerican" for not doing their fair share to give to others. Trump attacks all Mexicans even though most are not rapists and killers as he claims. Both guys love the spotlight and the fame that they get from the media, though I think after 7 years Obama is not as eager to give speeches as he was in his early years. Obama attacks Republicans that oppose his ideas, including calling him terrorists, despite the fact that they have honest disagreements with his policies and views. It's unfortunate our political climate has gotten so toxic on both sides with these two men front and center.

Which Koch brother are you?

Haha...I only wish I had 1/10 of their fortune. But in all seriousness, there is little to argue that Trump and Obama have a lot in common in terms of their style to politics. It's sad that the loud voices on the extremes of both parties get all the attention.

I honestly don't think Trump is going to win the nomination. If he doesn't win Iowa, which I don't believe he will do, his whole aura of being a "winner" goes away, and I see him then losing New Hampshire as well to either Rubio or Christie. Trump will then possibly make a comeback in South Carolina, and it will ultimately come down to Florida. If Rubio can win Florida, he will have enough momentum to beat Cruz and Trump, though I see the nomination lasting til at least April.

I agree that Trump is an idiot. I actually think that Trump and Obama have quite a bit in common. Trump claims that he's the anti-politician, but his behavior is like a classic politician. Like Obama, Trump seizes on hot button wedge issues and tries to pick sides for political gain despite the fact that he is dividing constituents in the process. We saw Obama jump on the Oregon shooting in an attempt to "politicize" gun control, just as Trump jumped on the terrorist attack to spew his anti-Muslim ban. Obama demonizes those that are successful and in the top 1%, and even those who do well but are not in the top 1% somehow are "unamerican" for not doing their fair share to give to others. Trump attacks all Mexicans even though most are not rapists and killers as he claims. Both guys love the spotlight and the fame that they get from the media, though I think after 7 years Obama is not as eager to give speeches as he was in his early years. Obama attacks Republicans that oppose his ideas, including calling him terrorists, despite the fact that they have honest disagreements with his policies and views. It's unfortunate our political climate has gotten so toxic on both sides with these two men front and center.

Haha...I only wish I had 1/10 of their fortune. But in all seriousness, there is little to argue that Trump and Obama have a lot in common in terms of their style to politics. It's sad that the loud voices on the extremes of both parties get all the attention.

I honestly don't think Trump is going to win the nomination. If he doesn't win Iowa, which I don't believe he will do, his whole aura of being a "winner" goes away, and I see him then losing New Hampshire as well to either Rubio or Christie. Trump will then possibly make a comeback in South Carolina, and it will ultimately come down to Florida. If Rubio can win Florida, he will have enough momentum to beat Cruz and Trump, though I see the nomination lasting til at least April.

There's plenty to argue. Just not with you.

I hope Rubio wins. He's the least of the crazy. I don't want to be filled with the fear of Trump actually becoming president for that many months.

^^^

The problem that most people have with understanding Iowa politics is that most of the time, they vote for the Democrat in the general election. That tells me that the "Evangelical Christians" in Iowa aren't that powerful. OR, they tend to lean liberal in the biggest elections.

^^^

The problem that most people have with understanding Iowa politics is that most of the time, they vote for the Democrat in the general election. That tells me that the "Evangelical Christians" in Iowa aren't that powerful. OR, they tend to lean liberal in the biggest elections.

The first part is true, at least in recent times, however, at this point, the focus is on the influence and support of these people in the caucus

I hope Rubio wins. He's the least of the crazy. I don't want to be filled with the fear of Trump actually becoming president for that many months.

You sound like me in 2008. I was actually rooting for Hillary for fear that Obama would turn out to be what he has become...a hard left-winger that has governed as a far leftie. Hillary was more centrist back then, but now in 2016 she too has moved to the left with the rest of the Democratic party. Rubio and Christie I think have the most crossover appeal on the right, just as Jim Webb had on the left, but he's now dropped out. If it's Trump vs Hillary, Hillary wins. If it's Hillary vs Rubio, Bush, Christie, and possibly even Cruz, Hillary loses.

paLR1Md.jpg

Comparisons of Trumpf to Obama and Gandhi???!!! Wow, speechless. Next ya'll be comparing Trumpf to Mother Terersa....oh wait, there are some actual similarities there, just ask Chris Hitchens. BRB even attempted to draw comparisons between Trumpf and Bernie, which is, of course, laughable. All big time "leaders" have big time egos(except Bernie), I will concur.

Agree, I predicted Rubio would be a real contender in the end, and it appears that will be the case. He's the only Repub candidate I can actually listen to as he is articulate, and has his sh#t together, even though I don't necessarily agree with him on all issues. If I were to vote Repub, Rubio would be my guy.

You sound like me in 2008. I was actually rooting for Hillary for fear that Obama would turn out to be what he has become...a hard left-winger that has governed as a far leftie. Hillary was more centrist back then, but now in 2016 she too has moved to the left with the rest of the Democratic party. Rubio and Christie I think have the most crossover appeal on the right, just as Jim Webb had on the left, but he's now dropped out. If it's Trump vs Hillary, Hillary wins. If it's Hillary vs Rubio, Bush, Christie, and possibly even Cruz, Hillary loses.

Hillary will beat any Repub, that is, if Dems turn out to vote. Hillary has the broadest base(s) of support. The majority of the Public are Dems. The only way Repubs ever win is if Dems don't turn out and/or district and voter booth gerimandering by Repubs--just ask Al Gore and John Kerry.

paLR1Md.jpg

Comparisons of Trumpf to Obama and Gandhi???!!! Wow, speechless. Next ya'll be comparing Trumpf to Mother Terersa....oh wait, there are some actual similarities there, just ask Chris Hitchens. BRB even attempted to draw comparisons between Trumpf and Bernie, which is, of course, laughable. All big time "leaders" have big time egos(except Bernie), I will concur.

I didn't bring up Gandhi, but please explain why you disagree that the political approach taken by Obama and Trump are that far different. Both are divisive guys that like to use wedge issues to gain support. Both are in your face and show and stubborn and who little desire to compromise. One just happens to have a D by his name, while the other has an R.

Hillary will beat any Repub, that is, if Dems turn out to vote. Hillary has the broadest base(s) of support. The majority of the Public are Dems. The only way Repubs ever win is if Dems don't turn out and/or district and voter booth gerimandering by Repubs--just ask Al Gore and John Kerry.

First off, the majority of the public are not Democrats. Heck, Democrats are not even a plurality anymore. Independents are as you can see from the most recent Gallup poll of Party ID.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Dems have always had a slight Party ID advantage over Republicans (for the past 20 years at least), but it's never strong enough to guarantee a Presidential victory. That is where the Independent factor comes into play.

Second, gerrymandering has nothing to do with a Presidential election. It's a process both parties have used for years to divide up districts in order to maximize the number of seats in the House of representatives. When it comes to Presidential electoral politics, the entire state wide vote is what counts, so it doesn't matter at all how the districts have been divided. Al Gore and John Kerry lost because they were bad candidates with bad ideas, and George W Bush and his team ran great campaigns. Mitt Romney would have made a much better President than Obama, but he was not a great campaigner, and didn't have a great campaign team.

So now as it comes to Hillary, she is much more like Al Gore and John Kerry than she is Obama. When Obama campaigned in 2008, he was like a celebrity and everyone liked him. Hillary is very disliked, which is why her negatives are way higher than her positives. I actually have several friends who are Democrats, and even they don't like her, and a couple have actually said they will not vote for her or will write in someone else's name. She has a history of being deceitful and cannot relate to everyday Americans. From the top GOP candidates running, the only one I think she is likely to beat is Trump.

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/675017151661613056

paLR1Md.jpg

Ummmmm.....no. I didn't attempt to act like Bernie and trump are alike.

I showed how idiotic your attempt at painting trump as the next hitler is. Heck. Fascist experts even agree with me but you keep trying hard to make the claim.