D(er) Trump(ino) Thread

He's an idiot. Not a fascists.

I agree that Trump is an idiot. I actually think that Trump and Obama have quite a bit in common. Trump claims that he's the anti-politician, but his behavior is like a classic politician. Like Obama, Trump seizes on hot button wedge issues and tries to pick sides for political gain despite the fact that he is dividing constituents in the process. We saw Obama jump on the Oregon shooting in an attempt to "politicize" gun control, just as Trump jumped on the terrorist attack to spew his anti-Muslim ban. Obama demonizes those that are successful and in the top 1%, and even those who do well but are not in the top 1% somehow are "unamerican" for not doing their fair share to give to others. Trump attacks all Mexicans even though most are not rapists and killers as he claims. Both guys love the spotlight and the fame that they get from the media, though I think after 7 years Obama is not as eager to give speeches as he was in his early years. Obama attacks Republicans that oppose his ideas, including calling him terrorists, despite the fact that they have honest disagreements with his policies and views. It's unfortunate our political climate has gotten so toxic on both sides with these two men front and center.

Which Koch brother are you?

Haha...I only wish I had 1/10 of their fortune. But in all seriousness, there is little to argue that Trump and Obama have a lot in common in terms of their style to politics. It's sad that the loud voices on the extremes of both parties get all the attention.

I honestly don't think Trump is going to win the nomination. If he doesn't win Iowa, which I don't believe he will do, his whole aura of being a "winner" goes away, and I see him then losing New Hampshire as well to either Rubio or Christie. Trump will then possibly make a comeback in South Carolina, and it will ultimately come down to Florida. If Rubio can win Florida, he will have enough momentum to beat Cruz and Trump, though I see the nomination lasting til at least April.

There's plenty to argue. Just not with you.

I hope Rubio wins. He's the least of the crazy. I don't want to be filled with the fear of Trump actually becoming president for that many months.

You sound like me in 2008. I was actually rooting for Hillary for fear that Obama would turn out to be what he has become...a hard left-winger that has governed as a far leftie. Hillary was more centrist back then, but now in 2016 she too has moved to the left with the rest of the Democratic party. Rubio and Christie I think have the most crossover appeal on the right, just as Jim Webb had on the left, but he's now dropped out. If it's Trump vs Hillary, Hillary wins. If it's Hillary vs Rubio, Bush, Christie, and possibly even Cruz, Hillary loses.

Hillary will beat any Repub, that is, if Dems turn out to vote. Hillary has the broadest base(s) of support. The majority of the Public are Dems. The only way Repubs ever win is if Dems don't turn out and/or district and voter booth gerimandering by Repubs--just ask Al Gore and John Kerry.

First off, the majority of the public are not Democrats. Heck, Democrats are not even a plurality anymore. Independents are as you can see from the most recent Gallup poll of Party ID.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Dems have always had a slight Party ID advantage over Republicans (for the past 20 years at least), but it's never strong enough to guarantee a Presidential victory. That is where the Independent factor comes into play.

Second, gerrymandering has nothing to do with a Presidential election. It's a process both parties have used for years to divide up districts in order to maximize the number of seats in the House of representatives. When it comes to Presidential electoral politics, the entire state wide vote is what counts, so it doesn't matter at all how the districts have been divided. Al Gore and John Kerry lost because they were bad candidates with bad ideas, and George W Bush and his team ran great campaigns. Mitt Romney would have made a much better President than Obama, but he was not a great campaigner, and didn't have a great campaign team.

So now as it comes to Hillary, she is much more like Al Gore and John Kerry than she is Obama. When Obama campaigned in 2008, he was like a celebrity and everyone liked him. Hillary is very disliked, which is why her negatives are way higher than her positives. I actually have several friends who are Democrats, and even they don't like her, and a couple have actually said they will not vote for her or will write in someone else's name. She has a history of being deceitful and cannot relate to everyday Americans. From the top GOP candidates running, the only one I think she is likely to beat is Trump.

Good point on the gerrymandering.

Minor nitpick with the bolded . . . it's the Electors' votes that count, not the statewide vote. Carry on.

I love how Trump gets all up in arms about Clinton saying they use him to recruit, and both CNN and FoxNews go to great lengths to verify that can't be proven (but is probably true), but no one calls Trump on his bullsh#t claim he saw thousands of Muslims HERE celebrating after 9/11.

Double standard much?

Yeah, totally. Well, CNN et al try to call Trump out on his b.s., but he just lies, denies, and deflects as a rule. The media(CNN/Fox), in general, spent most of the last year giving Hillary bad press on the email/Benghazi stuff or basically excluding much coverage of her(or Bernie's) campaign. It's Trump, 24/7, all about the ratings and ad $.

They cover him because his boisterous behavior and sideshow antics are appealing to most people, much more so than your typical milquetoast politician goings on. But, I'm fairly confident that you're right, they won't really push hard and dig deep to really bury his claims, they'll just gloss over for the ratings. It's a win-win for them and Trump. They get to continue soaking up ratings, and this whole thing does nothing but benefit him. He doesn't care about all the (good) people like me who lost any shred of respect for him they had long ago and realize he's a bigoted, elitist asshat.

He wins the Republican nod, and makes these claims all along the way, just for attention. He's very, very good at publicizing himself. He plays the media like a fiddle. But, he'll probably win the Republican nomination, get crushed by which Dem has the nod, and slink back to whatever slimy business dealings he ordinarily attends to, all the more talked about.

FWIW, I actually don't dislike Hillary as much as a lot of other people. I wouldn't mind Bernie winning the nod either- he seems like a very solid, intelligent dude. Hell, even O'Malley sounded good to me in the debate the other night, not that he has a chance. I just envision the Dems crushing whoever comes out of the Repub field, especially Trump, because it'd quickly be exposed to EVERYONE (not just us that already know it) that he's in way over his head and has no real substance.

At this point, I would never underestimate the power of the media to make a president--or governor, etc--out of wealthy businessman/t.v celebrity, even though the guy is a ttl jerk and the people that admire and support him are caught in the foolishness of the delusion. Mur'cans love themselves some t.v. stars. The t.v. has "yooge" power in this country and people are essentially brainwashed and will often vote for whomever they see on the tube the most. Braindead voting, basically. So, Trump, as he generates "yooge" $ for the networks, actually has a scary chance in this thing. So yeah, I'm worried about Trump.

But look at it. After the 1st Pub debate, they gave Fiona some love for awhile and her ratings were up. Shes fades. Then Carson, he fades. Now Christie a bit, but he'll fade. Whoever gets airplay, well, the public talks about e'm, ala flavor of the month. I think Rubio has the most legit staying power other than Trump and maybe Cruz. Graham dropped out today despite his invocations of G Bush, lol. I'm sure he got paid real well from his defense lobbyist to do all that war advocacy for 'em. Cashed in, says "I'm outta here..."

Hillary is too much of a corporate Dem for my tastes, but she is a far better option than what the Pubs have to offer. Bernie's got my vote, though.

Good points all around. Bernie certainly does seem like a more down to earth guy than Hillary, and I'd wager most everyone can identify with him better than Hillary.

Rubio definitely comes off as the most polished, intelligent Repub. Gun to my head, if I had to pick one to get my vote, it'd probably Apparently Ted Cruz is wickedly intelligent, but an asshat to everyone with which he works. Plus, he doesn't believe in climate change. Lol

Also, I find it quite humorous that during the debate the other night I agreed so much with what Jeb was saying as opposed to the other Repubs. I've never been shy about my disdain for his brother's presidency. It's probably just because he's the only one with enough balls to go after Trump.

I love how Trump gets all up in arms about Clinton saying they use him to recruit, and both CNN and FoxNews go to great lengths to verify that can't be proven (but is probably true), but no one calls Trump on his bullsh#t claim he saw thousands of Muslims HERE celebrating after 9/11.

Double standard much?

Yeah, totally. Well, CNN et al try to call Trump out on his b.s., but he just lies, denies, and deflects as a rule. The media(CNN/Fox), in general, spent most of the last year giving Hillary bad press on the email/Benghazi stuff or basically excluding much coverage of her(or Bernie's) campaign. It's Trump, 24/7, all about the ratings and ad $.

They cover him because his boisterous behavior and sideshow antics are appealing to most people, much more so than your typical milquetoast politician goings on. But, I'm fairly confident that you're right, they won't really push hard and dig deep to really bury his claims, they'll just gloss over for the ratings. It's a win-win for them and Trump. They get to continue soaking up ratings, and this whole thing does nothing but benefit him. He doesn't care about all the (good) people like me who lost any shred of respect for him they had long ago and realize he's a bigoted, elitist asshat.

He wins the Republican nod, and makes these claims all along the way, just for attention. He's very, very good at publicizing himself. He plays the media like a fiddle. But, he'll probably win the Republican nomination, get crushed by which Dem has the nod, and slink back to whatever slimy business dealings he ordinarily attends to, all the more talked about.

FWIW, I actually don't dislike Hillary as much as a lot of other people. I wouldn't mind Bernie winning the nod either- he seems like a very solid, intelligent dude. Hell, even O'Malley sounded good to me in the debate the other night, not that he has a chance. I just envision the Dems crushing whoever comes out of the Repub field, especially Trump, because it'd quickly be exposed to EVERYONE (not just us that already know it) that he's in way over his head and has no real substance.

At this point, I would never underestimate the power of the media to make a president--or governor, etc--out of wealthy businessman/t.v celebrity, even though the guy is a ttl jerk and the people that admire and support him are caught in the foolishness of the delusion. Mur'cans love themselves some t.v. stars. The t.v. has "yooge" power in this country and people are essentially brainwashed and will often vote for whomever they see on the tube the most. Braindead voting, basically. So, Trump, as he generates "yooge" $ for the networks, actually has a scary chance in this thing. So yeah, I'm worried about Trump.

But look at it. After the 1st Pub debate, they gave Fiona some love for awhile and her ratings were up. Shes fades. Then Carson, he fades. Now Christie a bit, but he'll fade. Whoever gets airplay, well, the public talks about e'm, ala flavor of the month. I think Rubio has the most legit staying power other than Trump and maybe Cruz. Graham dropped out today despite his invocations of G Bush, lol. I'm sure he got paid real well from his defense lobbyist to do all that war advocacy for 'em. Cashed in, says "I'm outta here..."

Hillary is too much of a corporate Dem for my tastes, but she is a far better option than what the Pubs have to offer. Bernie's got my vote, though.

Good points all around. Bernie certainly does seem like a more down to earth guy than Hillary, and I'd wager most everyone can identify with him better than Hillary.

Rubio definitely comes off as the most polished, intelligent Repub. Gun to my head, if I had to pick one to get my vote, it'd probably Apparently Ted Cruz is wickedly intelligent, but an asshat to everyone with which he works. Plus, he doesn't believe in climate change. Lol

Also, I find it quite humorous that during the debate the other night I agreed so much with what Jeb was saying as opposed to the other Repubs. I've never been shy about my disdain for his brother's presidency. It's probably just because he's the only one with enough balls to go after Trump.

Yeah, with Trump in there I actually find myself sympathetic with Jeb--like he almost seems palatable, and I never thought I'd be saying that. Not a fan of Cruz, especially the "Gawd" stuff. Cruz could probably do well for himself in Vegas as a Robin Williams impersonator:

%5B%5D%5B%5DDeceased%2BRobin-TED_william

or this guy:

1383099_10152507988587788_1521651373_n.j

Agree about Rubio, but Trump is the only guy that I think could possibly beat Hillary based on what we've said and that worries me.

Ted Cruz is one ugly mofo, that's for sure. Agree that Donald is the only serious threat to the Dems, but I sill think they'd skewer him in a debate and make him look like a fool. Well, moreso.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-apology-isis-video/index.html

Trump said Monday that "she always lies," but he defended himself when NBC's Matt Lauer asked him if he was holding her to a double standard because he could not prove his claim that thousands of Muslims celebrated the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New Jersey after the Twin Towers fell.

"I've been totally exonerated from that, I've had headlines exonerating me and saying 'Trump was right,'" Trump said.

Yeah, ok Donald. Let's see the headlines. This guy pulls more stuff out of his ass than the cast of Jackass after they shoot a new movie.

Ted Cruz is one ugly mofo, that's for sure. Agree that Donald is the only serious threat to the Dems, but I sill think they'd skewer him in a debate and make him look like a fool. Well, moreso.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-apology-isis-video/index.html

Trump said Monday that "she always lies," but he defended himself when NBC's Matt Lauer asked him if he was holding her to a double standard because he could not prove his claim that thousands of Muslims celebrated the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New Jersey after the Twin Towers fell.

"I've been totally exonerated from that, I've had headlines exonerating me and saying 'Trump was right,'" Trump said.

Yeah, ok Donald. Let's see the headlines. This guy pulls more stuff out of his ass than the cast of Jackass after they shoot a new movie.

Yeah, Trump just makes it up as he goes, no accountability. Nevr admits to any wrong doing. Hillary could crucify him in a debate, but neither he nor his followers would know it or care. The good news is, Hillary has the broader base as she hasn't alienated everybody except middle age, blue collar, white men.

Trumps spokeswoman is bizarro too. Katrina Pierson, a real pc o' work.

katrina-pierson-is-trumps-new-spokespers

For me, Hillary is in the same boat as most of the Republican candidates (no interest in voting for her). Sanders is the only major candidate that I would even consider voting for.

For me, Hillary is in the same boat as most of the Republican candidates (no interest in voting for her). Sanders is the only major candidate that I would even consider voting for.

Hillary's policies are quite divergent to any Pub and she has been pushed more Left by Bernie. Her policies are pretty decent at this point. I wouldn't have a problem voting for her. Her Foundation is pretty corrupt if you ask me, but what ya gonna do....

Yeah, Trump just makes it up as he goes, no accountability. Nevr admits to any wrong doing. Hillary could crucify him in a debate, but neither he nor his followers would know it or care. The good news is, Hillary has the broader base as she hasn't alienated everybody except middle age, blue collar, white men.

Trumps spokeswoman is bizarro too. Katrina Pierson, a real pc o' work.

katrina-pierson-is-trumps-new-spokespers

HA! She's on CNN right now about Donald's demand for an apology. She actually said, and I quote, "When you say something bad about Muslims, that's when they go on and become radicalized jihadists."

As a champion for the first amendment and freedom of religion, what these people are spewing is so offensive I can hardly believe he's the leading candidate. Trump proposes banning all Muslims and his support goes up? Good lord. I'm ashamed of that segment of America. I see the logic, but it's totally flawed, and I refuse to adopt it.

Hammer, just curious where your dislike for Hillary stems from? I know lots of people feel the very same way, and whether it's that she seems deceitful, unrelatable, or you're just not pleased with her political resume or results? She's certainly been described as such in the media. I do agree with Corn in that both Bernie and Trump blowing hard right smoke have pushed her farther left.

Overall I just feel lucky that we've got two very solid candidates this go around, as opposed to the Repubs who are busy thinning the herd and sniping at each other.

I'd be curious to see sensitive topics such as feminism, college students fleeing from "hurtful" words, and how overall political correctness would adapt to a leader like Trump. Would be quite entertaining.

feminism has nothing to do with political correctness. It gets a bad name due to some crazies but the true meaning of feminism is equality for women. There should be a differentiation between feminist females who like to make sure everyone knows they grow out their armpit and leg hair and normal feminists.

"Political Correctness" is a phrase that gets thrown around way too often. Anytime someone is an a-hole their defense is that everyone is trying to be PC. It's a cop out.

• Fire 1

I'd be curious to see sensitive topics such as feminism, college students fleeing from "hurtful" words, and how overall political correctness would adapt to a leader like Trump. Would be quite entertaining.

feminism has nothing to do with political correctness. It gets a bad name due to some crazies but the true meaning of feminism is equality for women. There should be a differentiation between feminist females who like to make sure everyone knows they grow out their armpit and leg hair and normal feminists.

"Political Correctness" is a phrase that gets thrown around way too often. Anytime someone is an a-hole their defense is that everyone is trying to be PC. It's a cop out.

I worded that poorly. I meant to break them into three separate topics.

He's an idiot. Not a fascists.

I agree that Trump is an idiot. I actually think that Trump and Obama have quite a bit in common. Trump claims that he's the anti-politician, but his behavior is like a classic politician. Like Obama, Trump seizes on hot button wedge issues and tries to pick sides for political gain despite the fact that he is dividing constituents in the process. We saw Obama jump on the Oregon shooting in an attempt to "politicize" gun control, just as Trump jumped on the terrorist attack to spew his anti-Muslim ban. Obama demonizes those that are successful and in the top 1%, and even those who do well but are not in the top 1% somehow are "unamerican" for not doing their fair share to give to others. Trump attacks all Mexicans even though most are not rapists and killers as he claims. Both guys love the spotlight and the fame that they get from the media, though I think after 7 years Obama is not as eager to give speeches as he was in his early years. Obama attacks Republicans that oppose his ideas, including calling him terrorists, despite the fact that they have honest disagreements with his policies and views. It's unfortunate our political climate has gotten so toxic on both sides with these two men front and center.

Which Koch brother are you?

Haha...I only wish I had 1/10 of their fortune. But in all seriousness, there is little to argue that Trump and Obama have a lot in common in terms of their style to politics. It's sad that the loud voices on the extremes of both parties get all the attention.

I honestly don't think Trump is going to win the nomination. If he doesn't win Iowa, which I don't believe he will do, his whole aura of being a "winner" goes away, and I see him then losing New Hampshire as well to either Rubio or Christie. Trump will then possibly make a comeback in South Carolina, and it will ultimately come down to Florida. If Rubio can win Florida, he will have enough momentum to beat Cruz and Trump, though I see the nomination lasting til at least April.

There's plenty to argue. Just not with you.

I hope Rubio wins. He's the least of the crazy. I don't want to be filled with the fear of Trump actually becoming president for that many months.

I agree. At this point Rubio or the guy I normally make fun of - Chrispy Cream Christi. But CC is making more sense as the others speak. Except, he'll remind you a 1000x that he was appointed DA the day before 9/11 - so he does his fair share of fear mongering as well. Even the Ohio governor Kasich is looking more reasonable as time goes on but he doesn't have a chance.

Here is a question that I was pondering - Who would Trump 'hire' as his cabinet? I can only see a bunch of 'yes men' working for him and they would all come from the private sector as Trump has zero govt experience/working relationships. With a group of yes men as his 'counselors' in the cabinet, could you imagine the havoc ?? Maybe Corn's D(er) Trump(ino) thread isn't so crazy after all :ahhhhhhhh:madash:ohnoes

• 3 weeks later...

^^^^

suspending regularly scheduled/timed elections...this doesn't seem like it could ever lead to corruption and abject tyranny...

In all honesty, what are you going to do when Mr. Trump assumes office of January 20, 2017? Whine and keep repeating the "they should just give Obama 4 more years" mantra that you seem to have adopted (without providing any rationale as to why) every time he does or says something cool over the following 8 years?