2 WORDS

Canesfan01

Kaaya worries the heck out of me. He played well against us last year as a frosh in our house. We might give up 400+ passing to this kid. Need to figure out who we are on defense. Our rush defense is better but man this pass defense scares me.

I agree...I am not sure why Husker fans think he will not get his this weekend...I would put his over/under for passing yards at 450.

450 is a little extreme. Probably around the 300 to 350 range is more like it. The key is stopping the run. Kaaya is good, maybe the best pure passer that NU faces all year, but there is no way to get a read on Miami yet. They have played no one. Who is Bethune-Cookman? They didn't look super sharp against FAU in the first half, but did look better later in the game.

I like Nebraska's chances of moving the ball against Miami. They had some success against BYU and they are a pretty good defense. I just feel Nebraska may be a little more battle tested. Doesn't mean they will win the game, but I feel better about this game now than I did before the season.

Yeah, it might be a little high. I just have a bad feeling about it and maybe it is because it is on the road.

We gave up 300+ to USA at home with a 50+ yarder called back. Miami skills and QB will be far superior to USA's. I hope we hold them to less than 400 through the air but I am nervous about how we cover with no help and how explosive their playmakers are.

So you think Miami will have someone better than that kid USA had? I doubt it, maybe as good, but not better. Don't let the fact that it was S. Alabama fool you. Those teams like that usually have some really good skill player. They usually can't match up on the offensive and defensive lines. There are all sorts of reason's that talented guys end up at little schools, and that guy was good. Just don't think that because it is Miami their receivers will be exponentially better.

I am not trying to make excuses for Davie, he had a crap game, but that kid was good and the passes were perfect.

Kaaya is going to key on Davie, he's had 2 horrid games in a row and his coverage skills are severely lacking. I hope he wakes up this week and realizes he needs to cover his man.

Of coarse Miami will go after Davie, but you guys make it sound like he is going to throw 10 fifty yard fades at Davie complete everyone of them and then have the guy run it in for a touchdown. Everyone needs to get a grip. Long fade routes are still a low percentage pass. They still completed way less than they threw. Miami didn't just run fade routes last year. They won't this year either. I like NU's chances if they hold Miami under 100 rushing and around 300 passing in the game.

Plus Al Golden does inexplicable things at times and shoots his team in the foot. Kind of like last year when they could run on us at will, but didn't. I'm thinking/hoping we out coach them , limit our mistakes and get a close win.

Kaaya worries the heck out of me. He played well against us last year as a frosh in our house. We might give up 400+ passing to this kid. Need to figure out who we are on defense. Our rush defense is better but man this pass defense scares me.

I agree...I am not sure why Husker fans think he will not get his this weekend...I would put his over/under for passing yards at 450.

450 is a little extreme. Probably around the 300 to 350 range is more like it. The key is stopping the run. Kaaya is good, maybe the best pure passer that NU faces all year, but there is no way to get a read on Miami yet. They have played no one. Who is Bethune-Cookman? They didn't look super sharp against FAU in the first half, but did look better later in the game.

I like Nebraska's chances of moving the ball against Miami. They had some success against BYU and they are a pretty good defense. I just feel Nebraska may be a little more battle tested. Doesn't mean they will win the game, but I feel better about this game now than I did before the season.

Yeah, it might be a little high. I just have a bad feeling about it and maybe it is because it is on the road.

We gave up 300+ to USA at home with a 50+ yarder called back. Miami skills and QB will be far superior to USA's. I hope we hold them to less than 400 through the air but I am nervous about how we cover with no help and how explosive their playmakers are.

So you think Miami will have someone better than that kid USA had? I doubt it, maybe as good, but not better. Don't let the fact that it was S. Alabama fool you. Those teams like that usually have some really good skill player. They usually can't match up on the offensive and defensive lines. There are all sorts of reason's that talented guys end up at little schools, and that guy was good. Just don't think that because it is Miami their receivers will be exponentially better.

I am not trying to make excuses for Davie, he had a crap game, but that kid was good and the passes were perfect.

Specifically, Josh Magee, the junior USA reciever who caught six balls for 147 yards against us, sat on the bench for a year behind Amari Cooper at Alabama before transferring to be nearer his son and ailing father. He was athletic enough out of high school to be drafted by the Houston Astros in 2010 and played minor league ball for two years before returning to football. We would take him as a WR in a heartbeat, as would most teams in the country. He is a very good reciever.

But also, like you said, Daniel Davie needs to pick up his game.

Specifically, Josh Magee, the junior USA reciever who caught six balls for 147 yards against us, sat on the bench for a year behind Amari Cooper at Alabama before transferring to be nearer his son and ailing father. He was athletic enough out of high school to be drafted by the Houston Astros in 2010 and played minor league ball for two years before returning to football. We would take him as a WR in a heartbeat, as would most teams in the country. He is a very good reciever.

But also, like you said, Daniel Davie needs to pick up his game.

Yes, that is the guy, I just couldn't remember his name.

Kaaya is going to key on Davie, he's had 2 horrid games in a row and his coverage skills are severely lacking. I hope he wakes up this week and realizes he needs to cover his man.

Of coarse Miami will go after Davie, but you guys make it sound like he is going to throw 10 fifty yard fades at Davie complete everyone of them and then have the guy run it in for a touchdown. Everyone needs to get a grip. Long fade routes are still a low percentage pass. They still completed way less than they threw. Miami didn't just run fade routes last year. They won't this year either. I like NU's chances if they hold Miami under 100 rushing and around 300 passing in the game.

Funny thing that it happened against BYU as well, but you forgot that little tidbit? Davie for the last 2 games doesn't even watch the ball anymore because he's too busy chasing down the receiver because he's lost him. Then he throws his arms up and hope to either block the receivers view or knock the ball down, so far hasn't worked too well in either game. He has literally been chasing receivers and been lucky the ball is either under thrown or the receiver simply drops it.

Funny thing that it happened against BYU as well, but you forgot that little tidbit? Davie for the last 2 games doesn't even watch the ball anymore because he's too busy chasing down the receiver because he's lost him. Then he throws his arms up and hope to either block the receivers view or knock the ball down, so far hasn't worked too well in either game. He has literally been chasing receivers and been lucky the ball is either under thrown or the receiver simply drops it.

I don't think anyone is debating that DD has not played the deep fade route very well. I think a few of you are fixated on the fact that the two teams we have played have completed the deep fade pass so you think that we are doomed. You have to pick your poison no matter what type of defense you play. The poison that Nebraska chooses is the deep fade route. Which they need to defend better, especially DD. It is a low percentage pass if they complete 2 out of 10, I will take that.

Call up MR and tell him to bench DD if that will make you feel better. They are definitely aware of the problem and are working to get better at it.

• Fire 1

Welcome back CanesFan..think I remember you stopping by last year.

Hope it's a great game for both teams...just a little greater for the Huskers is all.

College football needs both Nebraska and Miami to be top programs again

This isn't the WWE. CFB will be just fine without a villain. If the Canes went 6-6 for the next 20 years I'd feel something is right in the world.

he had 1 catch for 11 yards against gardner webb. i expect miami to have a couple wr's better than him, and a better qb. the passes were on point but the athletes on the perimeter this Saturday will be better.