What Did We Learn: Miami Edition

Hammerhead

Oh! Good deal, thanks. I didn't realize we had a 6'5, 225lb true freshman DE on the bench. That sounds like exactly what we need. Play the man!

I should note that when I talk about Alex playing, I mean it only in passing situations.

I've went back and watched some points in this game watching McMullen 'rush the passer', and I become more convinced the coaches will play Alex very soon.

If anyone is a glutton for punishment, watch this game defensively and focus in on McMullen. He will make you miss Demoine Adams and Bernard Thomas. Yes, it's that bad, and it's been that bad for a while. McMullen is very lucky he is at a school with terrible problems at DE, because he should rarely, if at all, see the field at any P5 school.

• Fire 1

Oh! Good deal, thanks. I didn't realize we had a 6'5, 225lb true freshman DE on the bench. That sounds like exactly what we need. Play the man!

I should note that when I talk about Alex playing, I mean it only in passing situations.

I've went back and watched some points in this game watching McMullen 'rush the passer', and I become more convinced the coaches will play Alex very soon.

If anyone is a glutton for punishment, watch this game defensively and focus in on McMullen. He will make you miss Demoine Adams and Bernard Thomas. Yes, it's that bad, and it's been that bad for a while. McMullen is very lucky he is at a school with terrible problems at DE, because he should rarely, if at all, see the field at any P5 school.

Maybe he should play more often than just passing downs. The rushing defense is giving up very few yards, although yards per carry is fairly high. We can afford a slight reduction in performance against the run if we can pressure the QB. I want to see old time NU football where the QB is hit hard and often.

Maybe he should play more often than just passing downs. The rushing defense is giving up very few yards, although yards per carry is fairly high. We can afford a slight reduction in performance against the run if we can pressure the QB. I want to see old time NU football where the QB is hit hard and often.

Depends a lot on the team we are playing.

McMullen...was a stud DE recruit out of Ohio and a major recruiting score. This is a disappointment. Hope he can turn it around.

The 5 men in the backfield penalties drive me crazy. If we can't get lined up right then scrap the formation. I'm sure we can find other ways to lose 5 yards.

It was a weird penalty for both teams tonight because most of those penalties were on lineman. Alot of lineman like to cheat when they pull by lining up further back of the LOS. You can really notice it by just looking at where their butt is in relation to the rest of the o-lineman. And at some points, lineman from both teams were cheating too much to get out on their pull block assignments.

• Fire 1

I learned two main things.

The first is that I just love football. I've gotten past the point where I put too much personal investment into wins and losses, but damn do I love the sport for what it is. There's nothing else that results in me screaming and losing my mind with excitement in a bar packed full of people that were strangers a few hours ago but I'm now hugging and high fiving. Too much fun.

Second, everyone here has been wanting to gloss over our defensive approach with the rose colored glasses and sorry to say I expected, or at least guessed, this was coming. I get the feeling that Banker will end up exposing himself as Cosgrove-esque, and from the very start my question has always been, "Will Riley be done in by the same thing that has done in our last two coaches, uncompromising loyalty to underperforming assistants?"

• Fire 2