Davie?

He was benched due to poor play.

I feel bad for the kid. Because in the presser after USA, the staff said he would be challenged and that they "could've done things" against USA. I thought that meant go to a cover 2, roll Gerry over the top.... I guess it meant we will let Miami jump to a huge lead and then pull you. Not much of a scheme or assistance....

• Fire 5

Do we win the game if he doesn't start?

I don't know. Maybe? We did better once he was benched, that's for sure. But the kid has skills, and I can't help but wonder what's going on with him. He's not some clueless fawn out there, no matter how much he looks like it.

Miami came out punching early. Brad Yippee-KiYaa was hitting everything. Do we shut him down with a different corner, with the same lack of pressure? I don't think so.

I think it was the right move to bench him, but I can't fathom why we needed to. He's better than that.

I don't know. Maybe? We did better once he was benched, that's for sure. But the kid has skills, and I can't help but wonder what's going on with him. He's not some clueless fawn out there, no matter how much he looks like it.

Miami came out punching early. Brad Yippee-KiYaa was hitting everything. Do we shut him down with a different corner, with the same lack of pressure? I don't think so.

I think it was the right move to bench him, but I can't fathom why we needed to. He's better than that.

The biggest surprise from him IMO is his biggest problem is getting beat deep. He was All-Class champ in 2010 in the 100m and 200m runs, I watched him run the prelims. Dude is fast.

The biggest surprise from him IMO is his biggest problem is getting beat deep. He was All-Class champ in 2010 in the 100m and 200m runs, I watched him run the prelims. Dude is fast.
Didn't Davie suffer a bad injury (torn ACL?) early at NU? Also, some guys can be track fast but not football fast.

Physically, I think the kid has the tools, he's just a step behind on the mental stuff. I don't mean it as a knock on him, or anything, it's just unfortunate. He puts his hands up just after the ball goes past, or not at all. He turns to look back at the ball just as its going past him and into the receivers hands. Its the little things that are killing him. He needs to learn to read the receivers eyes a bit better and get a feel for the timing. This new system is clearly putting demands on him that he is just not used to, and he is not adjusting quickly. Doesn't mean he can't, but so far he is not improving on the issues that are holding him back.

Guys I'd also like to point out, that when you look at the throws Davie has been beaten on, the throws have been fraking on the money for the most part. This poor kid is getting beat by some throws that nobody could defend on some of them. Tough situation.

Didn't Davie suffer a bad injury (torn ACL?) early at NU? Also, some guys can be track fast but not football fast.

Both are tue, but last year when Miami's fans were touting Dorsett and ? (IDR the other WR) saying how fast they were Davie did a really good job in sticking to them. I think Dorsett only had like 49 recieving yards and he was a first round draft pick. Maybe the change in scheme changed things. Also, didn't Davie have an injury this offseason?

Both are tue, but last year when Miami's fans were touting Dorsett and ? (IDR the other WR) saying how fast they were Davie did a really good job in sticking to them. I think Dorsett only had like 49 recieving yards and he was a first round draft pick. Maybe the change in scheme changed things. Also, didn't Davie have an injury this offseason?
Pelini's scheme was very beneficial to DB's. He wanted to make it difficult for QB's to pass. Banker's scheme is completely opposite.
  • Fire 1