B1G Rivals?

Husker-Joe

I think MSU was developing into a good rivalry until they changed the divisions. Every year has been a good game, exciting finishes, regardless of rank. Also a good game for us to measure up to these days. I guess Wisconsin is our rival now because we want to beat them so bad. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they feel the same way about us because we haven't posed much competition against them. They think we are a has been joke.

The greatest rivalry in college football was flushed down the toilet when the Big 12 was formed. Even then beating the sooners would never save a bad season, but losing to the sooners ruined may good seasons.

Oklahoma and Nebraska could still play every year if both schools wanted to. Oklahoma played Texas every year before they were in the same conference. You're right about them ruining many a good season.

You know who else did that? Texas. In 15 years they singlehandedly screwed Nebraska out of a chance to play for the MNC in 1996 and 1999, both of which MNCs we likely would have won, and a conference championship in 2009. Not to mention their 9-1 record against us in the ten games since 1996.

Texas definitely stole our mojo. I will never forget the 1996 game. I was certain that we would beat Texas like a red-headed step-child, and even at the end of the game I was certain we would win. And then year after year Texas replaced Oklahoma as the grinch that stole good football seasons.

James Brown! :steam

Love beating Iowa. Don't consider them a rival, but a team we should beat every year unless they turn the program around and become good.

Going 7-5 would be disappointing to me, regardless of who we beat this year. I expected a 8-9 win team this year, but also wasn't going to be entirely shocked if we had 7 wins.

If we do go 7-5, which is certainly possible, my view of the season will be about the games we lost, and how we lost them. Obviously I'm not happy with our record, but as of now these losses are not complete negatives. We've seen some positives and have been fighting to try to win, just have had a few quarters of not being there mentally. I do feel like we make more adjustments this year than in the past. I also think if its third and one, we need to give it to Cross and pound it. IMO he is being underused, BUT, I will also say this: I'm not at practice and don't see what the coaches see day in and day out. I'm sure they have their reasons for his usage so far.

I think MSU was developing into a good rivalry until they changed the divisions. Every year has been a good game, exciting finishes, regardless of rank. Also a good game for us to measure up to these days. I guess Wisconsin is our rival now because we want to beat them so bad. Unfortunately, I'm not sure they feel the same way about us because we haven't posed much competition against them. They think we are a has been joke.

It should have been Penn State and then circumstances changed. The way the schedule is drawn up there won't be any East-West rivalries because the games are spaced out too much.

Maybe the Big Ten should lock in a permanent crossover game? Most teams have rivals on the other side

Purdue vs Indiana(already)

Sparty vs Wisconsin(budding rivalry)

Minny vs scUM( Jug)

OSU vs Illinois (Turtle)

Northwestern vs Rutgers(not a rivalry but the two biggest metro areas east of LA)

Iowa vs Maryland( someone has to be together)

Nebraska vs Penn State

Maybe the Big Ten should lock in a permanent crossover game? Most teams have rivals on the other side

Purdue vs Indiana(already)

Sparty vs Wisconsin(budding rivalry)

Minny vs scUM( Jug)

OSU vs Illinois (Turtle)

Northwestern vs Rutgers(not a rivalry but the two biggest metro areas east of LA)

Iowa vs Maryland( someone has to be together)

Nebraska vs Penn State

Besides the Bucket and the Jug, the rest are garbage by big ten standards. I wouldn't be opposed to those two historic rivalries continuing without having to "balance" the schedule.

It should have been Penn State and then circumstances changed. The way the schedule is drawn up there won't be any East-West rivalries because the games are spaced out too much.

I really liked Penn State being our annual crossover-game. They are a program at Nebraska's historic level, and we have some history with them, although it was bizarro-world with the Sandusky thing blowing up right before our first game with them. I still wish we had kept it.

I also liked our Big Ten set-up and thought it was a shame Delaney changed the divisions and screwed us just three years in. It's retarded that some players will go four years without playing some teams in the other division.