The coaches have the correct formula

Lux

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda...

Fielding a football team that didn't embarrass the state off and on the field?

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda and more importantly Bo did not make the changes in his coaching staff he needed to. If blowout losses are your main concern then start your coaching search now. I see us winning two games in conference this year. Going to be a rough ride, so buckle up. Good things will come though. Changes will probably start with Pearlman, eichorst and then the football program to soon follow. Pearlman took over after 2001 btw. look at the success of the universities main money making asset since...

Use the post in its entirety instead of taking a clip and commenting on it. You're like modern media.

I dont put any qb in the West in the same tier as 3 that weve already played. Just my opinion after watching multiple games. Connor Cook will light us up. Assuming no adjustment or improvement.

Lunt is better than all but Kaaya. Beathard at Iowa, and Purdue's frosh QB can chuck the rock too.
ive watched em pretty considerably. Yeah. Lunts pretty good. But what they have sround him. Its just my opinion. Weve played the best 3 qbs on our schedule aside from the onvious best connor cook.

Well I sure hope so, becuase we've gotten worse on pass D each consecutive week.
weve shown flashes of improvement. I thought today the defense was real vanilla. Like spring game dialed down. Then Bankers comments about having to dumb it down this week cuz of the injuries make sense.

But at the end of the day we held the team to 28 points 7 of which came off a turnover getting the ball at the 10. And if the offense put the ball in the endzone a few times, this things 56-28 like evryone predicted and conversations are totally different. The perception based on a secondary yardsge stat becomes irrelevant.

• Fire 2

Hey we did a great job today barely beating a high school team!

You can't cheapen this win any more than the guys who tried to build up last week's loss.

Nebraska coaches and players did enough right things to win this week, so mission accomplished. This was the only game they had today, so they couldn't go back and win Miami, they can't go ahead and beat Wisconsin, so the best Riley and the Huskers could do today would be to go 1-0...and that's what happened.

• Fire 3

Right. And before we flip out too much, it's not like this performance is unheard of, in years when some of the recruiting issues coming to the fore now should have been less of an effect.

Kaaya, as a true freshman on the road, churned out the yardage on us. Brett Smith of Wyoming had a field day, and so did their ground game. Derek Carr didn't put up monster stats but he did look good (as a RFr), Fresno was competitive, and some RB named Robbie Rouse went 36-169 that day. Plenty of teams have found success in plenty of ways. Lesser teams have given the Huskers good games and others have dropped the hammer.

Games like this are not unusual in recent Husker history, even if the schemes and styles and relative strengths/weaknesses are different. It's disappointing to see it still happening, but is it really that shocking?

Can all the MR guys realize we almost lost to a high school team today?

You're right. We should probably just fire Mike Riley now, eh?

Let him finish the season, but start looking now. One n done. Remember this goof ball was being fired from his previous gig before he got our job.

I know people hate me bringing it up but Shawn Eichorst and MR have same agent.

This guy should of never been hired. Fire Eichorst now.

When the Big10 come to play next week, things will get ugly.

Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.

Eichorst isn't going anywhere and he won't fire Riley at the end of the season. You might as well begin accepting that now and maybe, just maybe, it'll let you learn to enjoy the game a bit more.

I can understand everyone wanting the team to do well and improve but my word... the way some of you talk about this team makes me doubt whether you actually enjoy Husker football or if you really just enjoy being angry at the program.

Yep, there are people out there who would be pissed if you gave them $1 million dollars in $20s, because you didn't give them $50s. Never happy.

Yeah, that's true. It happens all the time. Everywhere.

You know, sometimes I wish we'd all manage to take a more constructive view of things. Yes, we can talk about the things we don't like, the things that are not going well, but it's possible to do that in a way that doesn't make everything a referendum on the coaches.

It's one thing to say, "Hey, so these are the weaknesses trending this year."

Maybe we are all just used to the will-he-won't-he-be-fired toxicity surrounding Bo's last few years here. Everything is some kind of proof that a coach is either in over his head, or not. My goodness. We're not there yet.

• Fire 3

^ Right, that's what I mean. When things are going poorly, it doesn't need to be "are our coaches the worst?". These guys are not going anywhere, likely for a couple of years. When they might plausibly be on the hotseat, those conversations make more sense.

Yep, there are people out there who would be pissed if you gave them $1 million dollars in $20s, because you didn't give them $50s. Never happy.

Yeah, well, $20 bills are really inconsiderate! :P

Hmm. So some Husker fans are okay with losing 6 or 7 close games every season, but don't want 2 or 3 blowout losses every season.

Sounds like some Husker fans are okay with mediocre.

Who is saying this and where? That's a straw man or a significant minority at best.

Many of us just want a program that's competitive and able to win a conference title. That's the realistic goal, and expectation, we should all have for Husker football. Few if any here would be "okay" with losing 6-7 games every season if it meant no blowout losses.

Being understanding of the struggles a year one coaching staff may have is not an indictment on how many games people feel are acceptable to win or lose.

I don't mean to be negative, but I don't think this coaching staff will make things any better. They are missing so many details on defense. I know they are having issues with injuries, but why is that. Are they conditioning these players the right way. I know I'm jumping the gun perhaps, but the writing is on the wall. Everyone seems to be drinking the same coo laid. Why aren't we running the ball more. We have the backs to do that. Tommie isn't Tom Brady. Why are we always trying to pass down field all the time. Whats wrong with short passes to the flats, more fullback traps, then play action to the TE's. I could go on and on but I pooped out.

• Fire 1