Perfect Storm Brewing?

All I read is how out there somewhere is a great coach waiting to come to Nebraska that has won titles or played for or? Where is this guy, why didn't we hire him 12 years ago, 7 years ago and last year? Where is this said winner?

This is been stated now for years that Nebraska needs to spend the money and get the best? Pederson tried, Eichorst tried. They both ended up with NFL rejects for splash hires. I am afraid that the job is overwhelming for most and the recruiting is too hard and the pay off isn't enough. Translation: Can't win the big one here. Can't get enough talent to come into the program. Yes one threader said the landscape has changed. Right it has. But KSU, if I heard this right yesterday, has 44 walk on's and about half of them play at some point during a season and are on the depth chart. Snyder is still building players thru the walk-on process, and still capable of play most schools in the nation to with in a touchdown score. In-state boys that want to go there and play, walk on and get weights and get better and play. Isn't that what Nebraska once was so proud to offer?

• Fire 1

Frost needs to go to a MAC school first, he is still in diapers as a coach

I bet Northwestern is happy they didn't follow your thought process when hiring Fitzgerald.

Yep cause NW has the same standards as we do.

pat-fitzgerald-in-new-big-ten-network-ad

And yet... his team is ranked #13 and 5-0 with a win over #21 Stanford. And we can't even beat Illinois.

The sun can shine on a dog's ass anyday.

I'm starting to realize why fans from other teams seem to have an irrational hate for Nebraska fans. We kind of deserve it.

Not to mention, when a fanbase unanimously wants said guy out, that additional money is "raised" rather quickly. Like Callahans and Pedersens. If I remember right their buyouts were raised in like an hour or some stuff.

Their buyouts were lump sums equaling $5.125M and that was it. We would be paying that a year for the next 4 years if we fired Riley along with SE and what we still owe Pelini. Big difference. Could the fan base raise that kind of money? maybe? Would you take a chance on it? I wouldn't right at this moment.