Perfect Storm Brewing?

People think we have endless amounts of money and we actually don't. If we fire the AD, Riley and crew along with what we owe Bo, we wouldn't have enough cash to pay for a top coach. Better hope like hell that frost would come here for half of what Riley is making.

Really? So just how much money would we have to offer a new coach then????

To get a top coach like everyone is clamoring for? More then what we are paying Riley would be my guess, especially that they would have to be leaving where they are at now and would probably receive a counter offer.

This coaching change sh#t after one season. It ha to stop. It won't happen. And all those guys that have been mentioned: Tressel, Richt won't come here.

Yeah. That loss sucked, trust me as a complete defender of this staff, I lost a lot of faith last night. These guys blew it. That was right there at the pathetic level of coaching I though Bo Pelini and Tim Beck brought to the table. But Pelini and Beck were having epic meltdowns years into their tenure here.

This was game five.

Yes it sucked. No, I don't fully trust these guys anymore, especially Langsdorf. But talking about firing coaches....geezus, just STFU. This is why our fan base gets clowned on. Yes, there are other fan bases that are fragile over reactive dumbshits too, but that doesn't mean we need to be like them. Just knock it off.

If we beat Wisconsin next week, I think I will feel a little bit better. Not a LOT, but a little.

I have lost faith in the coaches as of right now. I am not on the wagon to fire them, but they really sh#t the bed yesterday. If there is not a good showing or even a win next week it could get very, very ugly.

There is a lot of uneasy feelings around the program and then you have a clown, that is suppose to be a captain blowing kisses to the fans and saying stupid sh#t. A good move for MR would be to remove the 'C' and sit him...enough is enough from him already!

• Fire 1

People think we have endless amounts of money and we actually don't. If we fire the AD, Riley and crew along with what we owe Bo, we wouldn't have enough cash to pay for a top coach. Better hope like hell that frost would come here for half of what Riley is making.

To get a top coach like everyone is clamoring for? More then what we are paying Riley would be my guess, especially that they would have to be leaving where they are at now and would probably receive a counter offer.

Of course certain hires would be offered more than we offered Mike Riley.

Your statement implies that you somehow know that we don't 'have enough money' to get a 'top coach' so I was asking you if that's the case since you seem to know then just how much money could we offer someone? It's a simple question.

This coaching change sh#t after one season. It ha to stop. It won't happen. And all those guys that have been mentioned: Tressel, Richt won't come here.

Yeah. That loss sucked, trust me as a complete defender of this staff, I lost a lot of faith last night. These guys blew it. That was right there at the pathetic level of coaching I though Bo Pelini and Tim Beck brought to the table. But Pelini and Beck were having epic meltdowns years into their tenure here.

This was game five.

Yes it sucked. No, I don't fully trust these guys anymore, especially Langsdorf. But talking about firing coaches....geezus, just STFU. This is why our fan base gets clowned on. Yes, there are other fan bases that are fragile over reactive dumbshits too, but that doesn't mean we need to be like them. Just knock it off.

If we beat Wisconsin next week, I think I will feel a little bit better. Not a LOT, but a little.

I have lost faith in the coaches as of right now. I am not on the wagon to fire them, but they really sh#t the bed yesterday. If there is not a good showing or even a win next week it could get very, very ugly.

There is a lot of uneasy feelings around the program and then you have a clown, that is suppose to be a captain blowing kisses to the fans and saying stupid sh#t. A good move for MR would be to remove the 'C' and sit him...enough is enough from him already!

Yeah, that could be the one good move they could make to start the week.

As fans, we only see so much. So when Lewis gives you this impression of the kind of guy he is, just based off the little bit of him we get to see, then imagine the guy he is during all the time we don't get to see.

Meaning, if he can't help but avoid show is resentment of this fan base during the four hour span I watch this team during one Saturday a week, then I question what kind of toxic impact he has on his teammates for the other 164 hours.

This was game five.

Actually, we need to stop with this excuse.

This staff is allegedly experienced professionals. This isn't their first go round. What we saw yesterday was inexcusable. The clock didn't change in the past 10 years, the way the staff crapped the bed yesterday cannot be excused away.

• Fire 2

If money were the issue, then the last staff never should have been fired, and Pederhorst shouldn't be making damn near a million per year.

• Fire 1

Nebraska has plenty of green, I assure you. The common denominator for our past three coaches (Callahan, Bo, and Riley) is that none of them were proven commodities. None of them were proven winners or elite head coaches. In order to right this ship we need someone who is a PROVEN big-time coach and recruiter. At this point we can't afford to gamble on a young up-and-comer. My top 3 are Richt, Tressel, and Kelly for those reasons.

You have a point, but you will have to go back to our last four coaches as Frank wasn't proven either and it showed big time. With that being said, MR isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Not with having to pay Bo and then Mike for not coaching at Nebraska and then having to pay the big $$$$ that you want to pay one of those guys.

Your statement implies that you somehow know that we don't 'have enough money' to get a 'top coach' so I was asking you if that's the case since you seem to know then just how much money could we offer someone? It's a simple question.

We would be paying out $5.8 million/yr for the next 4 years for buyouts on Bo, Riley and SE. That doesn't include what we would be paying for assistants and other staff members in the athletic department. Now add another 3-5 million/yr to get a proven top coach and add 2-3 for assistants plus another 3/4-1 million for an AD and we will be paying upwards of 12-14 million/yr for coaches and athletic department staff. That would hurt us bad and then factor in that we wont get a full share of B1G money till 2018. It's a bad recipe to me.

Seriously the only way out is if he chooses to retire. Otherwise we are stuck with this for at least 3-4 years.

No. If this crap storm continues, the new chancellor may step in after year two.

I'm resigned to the fact that we have 2 years with Riley unless something catastrophic happens.

We would be paying out $5.8 million/yr for the next 4 years for buyouts on Bo, Riley and SE. That doesn't include what we would be paying for assistants and other staff members in the athletic department. Now add another 3-5 million/yr to get a proven top coach and add 2-3 for assistants plus another 3/4-1 million for an AD and we will be paying upwards of 12-14 million/yr for coaches and athletic department staff. That would hurt us bad and then factor in that we wont get a full share of B1G money till 2018. It's a bad recipe to me.

According to Forbes Nebraska ranked as the 15th most valuable college football team in 2014 (Texas was #1) with the football team bringing in 60 million dollars alone last year. The team itself in 2014 was valued at 73 million. These are just the 2014 numbers. We have enough money...

College Football's Most Valuable Teams 2014

15. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Team value: $73 million

Revenue: $60 million

Profit: 36 million

Conference: Big Ten

Head Coach: Mike Riley

Revenues and expenses both climbed last year thanks to hosting an eighth home game. The athletic department made a contribution of 3.7 million last year to it's parent university.

• Fire 2

According to Forbes Nebraska ranked as the 15th most valuable college football team in 2014 (Texas was #1) with the football team bringing in 60 million dollars alone last year. The team itself in 2014 was valued at 73 million. These are just the 2014 numbers. We have enough money...

15. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Revenues and expenses both climbed last year thanks to hosting an eighth home game. The athletic department made a contribution of 3.7 million last year to it's parent university.

The teams value doesn't necessarily mean we have the money. It just means what it is worth. The whole Athletic department depends on the football revenue because that is what pays for everything. Last year, our whole athletic revenue was $94,797,692 and our expenses were $90,939,273. That means the Athletic Department netted $3,858,419. Now, starting paying these buyouts and paying more for a top coach and our profits dwindle a lot.

15. Nebraska Cornhuskers

The teams value doesn't necessarily mean we have the money. It just means what it is worth. The whole Athletic department depends on the football revenue because that is what pays for everything. Last year, our whole athletic revenue was $94,797,692 and our expenses were $90,939,273. That means the Athletic Department netted $3,858,419. Now, starting paying these buyouts and paying more for a top coach and our profits dwindle a lot.

After it was all said and done the football team profited 36 million dollars last year alone. Also keep in mind that most universities don't wait until a coaches contract is due to run out to fire them. Buyouts at major universities when coaches are fired is common and is just part of the business. Otherwise there would be longer tenures for coaches who were on the hot seat and less instances of turnover. If you think Nebraska doesn't have the money to get a top coach here then I'm not sure what else to tell you...

• Fire 1