What did everybody expect in Mike Riley?

I expected the fan base to give him a chance...

They have. But just because you're willing to tolerate mediocrity doesn't mean the rest of the fan base should.

And Riley himself said the expectations here at DoNU were championships and to compete. He's failed to hold up that end of the deal in a spectacularly huge way, so far, and past actions suggest there is little future success for this staff.

Oh, and for the record, I'd love to be wrong and see Riley tell his OC to run the f*****g ball and pull his head from his rectum, and for the kids to make the B1G Championship Game, as that *IS* the goal for this and every season. I doubt I will be...but I'd *really* like to be wrong.

• Fire 2

I expected a team that could stop the run, play good special teams, and better utilize Tommy Armstrong and his abilities. I'd give them 2/3 of those just never expected we'd regress so much in so many areas..

Which two are you giving them? If it's stopping the run, I'd argue teams don't bother because they don't need to.

I expected a team that could stop the run, play good special teams, and better utilize Tommy Armstrong and his abilities. I'd give them 2/3 of those just never expected we'd regress so much in so many areas..

Which two are you giving them? If it's stopping the run, I'd argue teams don't bother because they don't need to.

We're about to fimd out here in a few days.

Hoped for: An experienced coach coming in and taking charge of a roster not built well to do what he wants, who has some major psychological to work through, and turning in a spectacular season with no more than a couple losses and a spot in the title game.

Expect: Choppy waters transitioning towards his vision for the future. Some attrition for guys can't get along in the new culture (looking at you, Lewis). Much improved QB play. A starkly different offense. A defense that actually tackles, and plays less hesitant and more aggressive. Better recruiting. Improved coaching on the whole.

Saturday sucked, but it Is what it is. I'm hoping it was just Riley/Langs overthinking and essentially choking while adjusting to a new situation. Terrible management, but if Bo got seven years, I'm not crucifying Riles over game #5. To me, more frustrating but less embarrassing than any of the blowouts.

Still as excited as ever for the ROS and the future.

• Fire 1

Look, I don't post very often...But We need to give the guy a chance. You guys will crucify me for this, but give him some time. This isn't Burger King, you don't get it your way every time. Did you guys hit home runs every time you took a new job? Were you the "Man" every time you took on a new challenge? I am not defending Riley, just know that he deserves a chance to get things right. One year means nothing...And do you really think we could keep up with the teams in the SEC and Big 12 right now anyway? Be realistic. Think with the head not the heart. It's just as hard for you is it is for me watching this. Especially as I work in southeast. I am so sick of hearing "Roll Tide!" every time the stop light changes. We need unity, there is strength in numbers.

Have you been watching any of the games this season? We could not beat one of the worst teams in our own conference!

• Fire 1

I'm just saying as of now, they've stopped the run. I'd also say Tommy is playing better and made throws this year that weren't possible for him just a season ago..

• Fire 1