Commitment

RADAR

Wow...now there's a textbook example of double standard logic. The "commitment" you refused to be held to yesterday is now demanded from others today. How do you people keep all that horses#!t straight in your heads?

RADAR, you need to be more careful where you go looking to pull quotes from, the places you're going to for stuff like this is picking up more hairballs than a wad of gum rolling across a barbershop floor.

and Lux.. if we're all "children" for refusing to march over the cliff with the rest of you lemmings, I guess it's because of crappy excuse-making, enabler "parents" like you.

No double standard, I gave 408 four years before I knew there was no hope of improvement, Riley will get the same.

Bo's first year was much better than this, and Bo inherited a 5-7 team, not a 9-4 team

408 inherited talent he left very little. Steve Taylor said as much last night on the radio.

He must have been a great coach then if he was able to squeeze that many wins out of this untalented group.

And Riley must not really have much of an eye for talent if he took this job with such crappy players.

He already said he did not look at the roster until the day after he was hired, he was shocked at what he saw. He will need time to fix this mess he inherited

Wow...now there's a textbook example of double standard logic. The "commitment" you refused to be held to yesterday is now demanded from others today. How do you people keep all that horses#!t straight in your heads?

RADAR, you need to be more careful where you go looking to pull quotes from, the places you're going to for stuff like this is picking up more hairballs than a wad of gum rolling across a barbershop floor.

and Lux.. if we're all "children" for refusing to march over the cliff with the rest of you lemmings, I guess it's because of crappy excuse-making, enabler "parents" like you.

No double standard, I gave 408 four years before I knew there was no hope of improvement, Riley will get the same.

Bo's first year was much better than this, and Bo inherited a 5-7 team, not a 9-4 team

408 inherited talent he left very little. Steve Taylor said as much last night on the radio.

He must have been a great coach then if he was able to squeeze that many wins out of this untalented group.

He was trailing off badly

And Riley must not really have much of an eye for talent if he took this job with such crappy players.

He already said he did not look at the roster until the day after he was hired, he was shocked at what he saw. He will need time to fix this mess he inherited

He's making this a bigger mess than it was. Talent had nothing to do with yesterday's loss that was entirely on the coaching

• Fire 1

He's making this a bigger mess than it was. Talent had nothing to do with yesterday's loss that was entirely on the coaching

disagree, it was both

Look at Riley's commitment to Nebraska. Is he even going after top end recruits? Nebraska has maybe 3 4* commits this year, the rest are 2 and 3 stars. This isn't Oregon State anymore, but he is still going after Oregon State recruits. The only hope people had with Riley was that he was .500 at Oregon State with Oregon State facilities and digs. So maybe at a bigger program with more resources he would do better. Well he is still going after the same recruits Oregon State is.

This staff isn't going to cut it. His coordinators are sub par. Pelini's staff had more competence than Riley's. Riley is just such a nice guy that he couldnt not bring his staff with him. Riley is more loyal to his staff than he is to Nebraska.

Nice try coach, please retire and let us all move on.

Look at Riley's commitment to Nebraska. Is he even going after top end recruits? Nebraska has maybe 3 4* commits this year, the rest are 2 and 3 stars. This isn't Oregon State anymore, but he is still going after Oregon State recruits. The only hope people had with Riley was that he was .500 at Oregon State with Oregon State facilities and digs. So maybe at a bigger program with more resources he would do better. Well he is still going after the same recruits Oregon State is.

This staff isn't going to cut it. His coordinators are sub par. Pelini's staff had more competence than Riley's. Riley is just such a nice guy that he couldnt not bring his staff with him. Riley is more loyal to his staff than he is to Nebraska.

Nice try coach, please retire and let us all move on.

Can't be serious

And anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

disagree, it was both

So you agree that without top 5 talent to cover up bad coaching, we can't beat a garbage team like Illinois. Good to know.

One could say Tommy Armstrong cost us all three games.

BYU - Tommy snaps the ball consistently with 12-15 seconds on the play clock in the fourth qtr.

Miami - throw an ill advised pass that is intercepted, throw it away

Illinois - Goes rogue and throw a pass when a sack would have ended the game

This is a 3 year starter,, not on the coaches

BYU is a good team, Nebraska should have won.

Miami good for Nebraska coming back and making that a game. But Miami is not a good team.

Illinois is a dumpster fire within itself. They are awful, Nebraska had not lost to them since the 1920's.

BYU, simple coaching adjustments on a hail mary prevent the loss. - coaches

Miami, lack of players being prepared let a weaker team get way far ahead - coaches

Illinois, is bad, real bad, they also have a head coach who was put into that position days before the season. Nebraska should have won on pure superior talent, they got out coaches. - coaches.

I cant seem to find where the blame doesnt fall on the coaching staff.

BYU - Tommy snaps the ball consistently with 12-15 seconds on the play clock in the fourth qtr.

I remember reading these exact same quotes back in '04 except the names have changed.

You copied your OP from bigredboard, didn't you?

No he hasn't.

BYU - Hail mary defense and terrible pass defense the whole game. Tommy had a great game in this one, without him we get blown out

Miami- Tommy literally carried the team on his back this game. On that play in overtime the coaches decided not to put Westerkamp, Reilly and I believe Moore on that play. Mind boggling not to call a play with your top playmakers.

Illinois- Don't even give me the he went rogue garbage. First off we never should have been in that situation. We called 31 passes on a day when passes just were not going to be completed. This loss is on the coaches not trusting the run game, even though it was the only thing on offense that was working. And to call a bootleg on that 3rd down is a terrible call. I honestly don't know how you can defend that call, on a play like that you hand it to one of your backs or you just kneel it. There's no reason to think about a first down, you try to get that clock to around 10 seconds.

• Fire 2

I remember reading these exact same quotes back in '04 except the names have changed.

You copied your OP from bigredboard, didn't you?

The Big Red Board? Oh man, that place was so crazy. If you think the Riled Uppers were crazy, they basically wanted to have sex with Pedeyshine and BC.

No he hasn't.

BYU - Hail mary defense and terrible pass defense the whole game. Tommy had a great game in this one, without him we get blown out

Miami- Tommy literally carried the team on his back this game. On that play in overtime the coaches decided not to put Westerkamp, Reilly and I believe Moore on that play. Mind boggling not to call a play with your top playmakers.

Illinois- Don't even give me the he went rogue garbage. First off we never should have been in that situation. We called 31 passes on a day when passes just were not going to be completed. This loss is on the coaches not trusting the run game, even though it was the only thing on offense that was working. And to call a bootleg on that 3rd down is a terrible call. I honestly don't know how you can defend that call, on a play like that you hand it to one of your backs or you just kneel it. There's no reason to think about a first down, you try to get that clock to around 10 seconds.

But you can't deny that all three are true.