2015-16 Season Notes

Very excited for this season to get started.

Some tweets earlier are saying Andrew White might play the 4.

Looks like our starting 5 will probably be:

Morrow

White

Shields

Webster

Parker

I think Watson works his way in to the starting lineup sooner rather than later. I prefer Benny "Spark plug" off the bench anyways.

In terms of playing time...

F-Tanner Borchardt(FR/Walk-on)- He wont play. Adds some size but dont think he sees the court.

G-Bakari Evelyn (FR)- I doubt he sees much time behind Parker and Watson.

G/F-Nick Fuller(RS-Soph)- Last year was hit or miss for PT for Nick. I think he will be one of the first guys off the bench. IF we truly want to shoot the 3, he might be the guy to fill that spot.

G-Anton Gill(JR)- Has to sit out the year because of Transfer

F-Jake Hammond(Soph)- He was an unknown last year. Will be forced to play because of lack of size. I think he sees fairly decent minutes this season behind Morrow.

F- Michael Jacobsen(FR)- He plays big and tough. I think if he is healthy, he will share minutes with Hammond.

G- Malcolm Laws(Soph/Walk-on)- Wont see time unless he somehow comes out of nowhere, but think he stays on bench most of this season.

G/F-Jack McVeigh(FR)- He is an unknown but will add some size and apparently a pretty good shot. We have seen the struggles of an international guy. I think he will be more of a factor if our offense can actually rotate the ball.

F- Ed Morrow(FR)- Day one starter. He will have the liberty to be the 3rd option scoring wise behind White and Shields. Not sure where he will play but probably float between 4/5.

G- Benny Parker(SR)- Probably start the year as the starting PG, but would assume he will end up on the bench as our 6th man. He will give you the hustle you need and is a leader.

F- Shavon Shields(SR)- Best player/ Leader/ Will probably see the most minutes of any player. He should play the 3 or 4.

G-Johnny Trueblood(FR/Walk-on)- See the other walkons. He wont play.

G-Glynn Watson jr(FR)- I think he will get brought in fairly slowly, but will eventually be the starting PG. He might be a difference maker for this team.

G-Tai Webster(JR)- His defense was the game changer for him. He will give us quality minutes but wont be spectacular. He will start to begin the season, and depending on what happens with some of our bigs, might stay the starter. I Jacobsen or Hammond show promise, I could see them moving everyone down a spot and Tai going to the bench.

G/F-Andrew White III(JR)- He is going to have to take over the scorer role. He is a stud shooter from everything I have heard. Not sure what position he will play, but i think he will add what we need.

My projected depth chart:

5- Ed Morrow/ Michael Jacobsen

4- Shavon Shields/ Jake Hammond

3- Andrew White/Jack McVeigh

2- Tai Webster/ Nick Fuller

1- Benny Parker/Glynn Watson/ Bakari Evelyn

• Fire 1

Miles has said in a few different media interviews that in terms of true guards, B. Evelyn has been the best three point shooter if that continues, he probably is right behind Tai and takes Fuller's minutes.

I like Fuller so even though I'd like to see him play more, I think his role is limited to spot minutes at best in favor of guard combos and he has been working with the 4's and 5's (actually is in the Big man groups in practice according to media)

Most media members have been saying that Hammond won't play much still even though we desperately need his size so that will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Very excited for this season to get started.

Some tweets earlier are saying Andrew White might play the 4.

Looks like our starting 5 will probably be:

Morrow

White

Shields

Webster

Parker

I think Watson works his way in to the starting lineup sooner rather than later. I prefer Benny "Spark plug" off the bench anyways.

In terms of playing time...

F-Tanner Borchardt(FR/Walk-on)- He wont play. Adds some size but dont think he sees the court.

G-Bakari Evelyn (FR)- I doubt he sees much time behind Parker and Watson.

G/F-Nick Fuller(RS-Soph)- Last year was hit or miss for PT for Nick. I think he will be one of the first guys off the bench. IF we truly want to shoot the 3, he might be the guy to fill that spot.

G-Anton Gill(JR)- Has to sit out the year because of Transfer

F-Jake Hammond(Soph)- He was an unknown last year. Will be forced to play because of lack of size. I think he sees fairly decent minutes this season behind Morrow.

F- Michael Jacobsen(FR)- He plays big and tough. I think if he is healthy, he will share minutes with Hammond.

G- Malcolm Laws(Soph/Walk-on)- Wont see time unless he somehow comes out of nowhere, but think he stays on bench most of this season.

G/F-Jack McVeigh(FR)- He is an unknown but will add some size and apparently a pretty good shot. We have seen the struggles of an international guy. I think he will be more of a factor if our offense can actually rotate the ball.

F- Ed Morrow(FR)- Day one starter. He will have the liberty to be the 3rd option scoring wise behind White and Shields. Not sure where he will play but probably float between 4/5.

G- Benny Parker(SR)- Probably start the year as the starting PG, but would assume he will end up on the bench as our 6th man. He will give you the hustle you need and is a leader.

F- Shavon Shields(SR)- Best player/ Leader/ Will probably see the most minutes of any player. He should play the 3 or 4.

G-Johnny Trueblood(FR/Walk-on)- See the other walkons. He wont play.

G-Glynn Watson jr(FR)- I think he will get brought in fairly slowly, but will eventually be the starting PG. He might be a difference maker for this team.

G-Tai Webster(JR)- His defense was the game changer for him. He will give us quality minutes but wont be spectacular. He will start to begin the season, and depending on what happens with some of our bigs, might stay the starter. I Jacobsen or Hammond show promise, I could see them moving everyone down a spot and Tai going to the bench.

G/F-Andrew White III(JR)- He is going to have to take over the scorer role. He is a stud shooter from everything I have heard. Not sure what position he will play, but i think he will add what we need.

My projected depth chart:

5- Ed Morrow/ Michael Jacobsen

4- Shavon Shields/ Jake Hammond

3- Andrew White/Jack McVeigh

2- Tai Webster/ Nick Fuller

1- Benny Parker/Glynn Watson/ Bakari Evelyn

I think our best rotation will have to include Watson, Shields, White, and Morrow. I'm not sure who the fifth body will be, but these are clearly our 4 best players and I think they should all start. I'm pumped for this season. I think we'll be very raw, but I think we can really surprise people. Ed Morrow is gonna tear it up.