2015-16 Season Notes

Hopefully we can get the W on Saturday and build some momentum going into some of the tougher teams on the schedule. We must remember we're still "The New Kids On The Block" in terms of Big 10 Basketball.

I mean......not really. We should have a pretty good idea of everyone else's program by now....Year 5. Maryland is in year 2 and appears to be doing more than just fine.

Hopefully we can get the W on Saturday and build some momentum going into some of the tougher teams on the schedule. We must remember we're still "The New Kids On The Block" in terms of Big 10 Basketball.

I mean......not really. We should have a pretty good idea of everyone else's program by now....Year 5. Maryland is in year 2 and appears to be doing more than just fine.

Nothing like apples & oranges!

He said "newcomer". They fit that description a lot more than we do....Year 5 in the Miles era and about to be another losing season.

Meanwhile, Iowa is about to be ranked in the Top 10 and is in 1st place in the B1G. A team that consistently has worse recruiting classes than us.

What does that spell? C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G! :)

He said "newcomer". They fit that description a lot more than we do....Year 5 in the Miles era and about to be another losing season.

Meanwhile, Iowa is about to be ranked in the Top 10 and is in 1st place in the B1G. A team that consistently has worse recruiting classes than us.

Actually he is in year four but I still get your point :thumbs

Iowa hasn't been world beaters the last few years but they have been solid for sure. Iowa had some growing pains to as all their guys were freshman when Miles was hired here in year one, it could be similar to our freshman having to go through growing pains. We still are desperate for a big man, looks like we will have to get a grad transfer or hopefully Hammond turns out to be a top 150 player in his last two years. Illinois will be a big game and we have some confidence, also they are short handed with injuries I believe so we should go in and definitely get a W.

Maryland is & has been good basketball program and has been that way for years, Nebraska has not.

Iowa sr. class was ranked 25th, which means they have been playing together for 4 years. I will agree after this Sr. class, their recruiting class stinks.

Apples & Oranges!

Your logic is not the best...

If you continue to come with these angles to strengthen your opinion on how bad our coaching is then your creditability will continue to fade.

to save yourself some words why don't you just post "I think the coaching is bad"

If you continue to come with these angles to strengthen your opinion on how bad our coaching is then your creditability will continue to fade.

to save yourself some words why don't you just post "I think the coaching is bad"

Okay, I think the coaching is bad. Care to share your opinion?

Okay, I think the coaching is bad. Care to share your opinion?

I think Miles is building something here!!!

He couldn't get the type of players in years 1 and 2 that he wanted so he went juco and transfers to try to help with the talent. This got him some W's and got better recruits to start looking at NU.

He is now showing signs that he can recruit better players - thou he has missed on the 5. However I'm glad that he has not reached at that position and has decided to play smaller (there are only so many quality 5 that get recruited each year and ours will come).

We will know soon enough how well he does at developing the better recruits and if he can lock a solid recruit for the 5 spot.

Miles has some resources that NO coach has ever had at Nebraska, however those same coaches gave Miles zero wins in the NCAA and no b-ball tradition. Let's see if he can take what the admin gave him and do what hasn't been done here before!!!