2015-16 Season Notes

Have to admit that this season is frustrating for me. I expected an improvement from last year due to the fact everyone stood around and waited for one player to make a play. I thought this year, the scoring would be more distributed so it would open the offense up more even though we don't have a big man in the middle.

However, I haven't looked at any stats, I have just watched a couple games. It appears that we are constantly getting beat bad on the inside especially on rebounding. I think it was Northwestern that had the kid that put up like 24 points in his second game ever. Well....most of those came off of getting an offensive rebound and putting right back up. If you can do that, scoring is pretty easy.

We should be able to at least slow those kinds of points down.

I think we have very good talent at the guard position. My only hope is if this kid transfers from aTm or if Morrow gets bigger and stronger. I think he can be a very good player. I just think he is being throw to the wolves in his Freshman year.

• Fire 1

I have a good friend who works closely with the basketball team, and talks with Miles close to daily. This is nothing new, and while frustrating, is what the coaches were expecting. They like the players they have, but need to get them experience, and understand that that will probably translate to losses early on. That said, hands are tied and we can't do anything but continue to give Morrow, Watson, etc. minutes and hope that things start to iron themselves out.

I asked my friend why the hell we insist on playing Benny (this was shortly before Benny's performance vs NW lol) if our goal is to get young guys minutes, and the response was defense - can't even attempt to win games if we don't stop the bleeding at the other end. Not sure if I agree with that, but that's what I was told.

While people will get frustrated, we're playing two seniors. This is and always has been your prototypical "NBA rebuilding" year. Get the young guys experience, take the losses, bring in better players (Anton Gill, dear God hopefully a big man) with even better, more experienced players next year and try to make a run.

• Fire 1

Growth is what we can hope for. Guys like Watson, Morrow, Jacobsen and McVeigh growing is what we need to hope for.

If we can get that Center Transfer from AM to come out here, I feel much better for the future.

I like Shields but he doesnt trust his own shot and only drives. He has become fairly easy to slow down.

If Gill can be as good as advertised we can roll with something like this:

Transfer Center

Morrow

White

Gill

Watson

• Fire 2