Was Bo just lucky last year?

I have been trying to figure out what I think about this years team/coaches and I cant help but wonder if Bo and his staff just got lucky last year and this "fallout" was already in place. First of all we are no better than 7-6 last year without Ameer. He saved our ass in the McNeese State game and the overtime win against Iowa. Ameer's pure heart won those games. Not our sh**ty defense, and it for sure wasn't the play calling!! Ameer alone made last years team. Secondly, Bo's recruiting was sub-par, we lacked staff with great resumes, and in my opinion our strength and conditioning was terrible. We returned 15 of those starters this year! They just didnt forget how to play football in 1 offseason! The writing was on the wall. This new staff is doing all they can to save a ship that Bo had already blown too many holes into and was about to sink. Yes, they have had some growing pains with playing calling and some clock management, but for Christ sake maybe the cupboard is just a little too bare. I have faith in this staff and I hope everyone gives them a chance is all. And for the record, I liked Bo...

• Fire 1

I have been trying to figure out what I think about this years team/coaches and I cant help but wonder if Bo and his staff just got lucky last year and this "fallout" was already in place. First of all we are no better than 7-6 last year without Ameer. He saved our ass in the McNeese State game and the overtime win against Iowa. Ameer's pure heart won those games. Not our sh**ty defense, and it for sure wasn't the play calling!! Ameer alone made last years team. Secondly, Bo's recruiting was sub-par, we lacked staff with great resumes, and in my opinion our strength and conditioning was terrible. We returned 15 of those starters this year! They just didnt forget how to play football in 1 offseason! The writing was on the wall. This new staff is doing all they can to save a ship that Bo had already blown too many holes into and was about to sink. Yes, they have had some growing pains with playing calling and some clock management, but for Christ sake maybe the cupboard is just a little too bare. I have faith in this staff and I hope everyone gives them a chance is all. And for the record, I liked Bo...

No - it wasn't luck.

• Fire 1

Pelini had his faults.....recruiting for example. But he can coach.

• Fire 2

He left this roster pretty naked after 7 years. I want to know what he planned to do at linebacker this year. Oh forgot he only used one. Had his dline play patty cake and then rushed one person.

He got lucky just like riley could have got lucky or been smarter and we would be 5-0

No - it wasn't luck.

Are you sure? I think you can go a size bigger.

Hmmm.... okay :snacks: Speaking of Wisconsin, I can't wait until the Huskers play them on Saturday. For the first time in three tries this game isn't already decided by 5 or 6 touchdowns before kickoff. In fact, I'll be rooting for Big Red to pull off an upset. Whether they do or not, I'll be eager to watch and see and root them on.