Was Bo just lucky last year?

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

What about overall? This is not Riley's first year as a HC

It is here and that's what matters

Yeah...and here he is under .500 which is even worse than his career record.

C'mon. You are an educated person. It's been 5 games.

I love Riley...I think he is not only going to get it done but get in done in a big way. But you guys started the comparison.

I have coached for a long time...Luck in always involved...good and bad. But 7 years of 9 wins can't be all luck (good or bad).

I don't think the body of work was luck.

However, I do believe the last two years could have been 9 wins or a train wreck. If that's what some call luck, then so be it.

Just face the fact: You can't justify the need to want greatness. Expectations say that this football team should win 10 game a year and win bowl games and play for NC's.

Everything that has taken Big Red football to this point is the "want to be relevant" The need to play meaningful November and December games, to match up in a mother of all bowl game against another great.

Husker fans feel like the football nation has kicked them to the curb for good, and that frat house is closing down for all time sake.

Is this payback for so many years of greatness? Is this why Alabama got fed up and hired Saban, and loaded his bank account with blank recruiting checks?

I would like to see the Ol'Nebraska glory ride high once again. It might be back someday. It might not. Tom Osborne retired because the game was changing. The odds were starting to stack up against Nebraska. He could see that the Big 12 was going to catch up to Nebraska. OU and Texas were going to be key factors in winning and recruiting. I guess its time for Nebraska to either buck in and pay the pied piper and get better quickly or keep thinking that were relevent in a day when that was gone in 1997, when a legend retired and promoted Solich as the next gatekeeper. That was when this job would have drawn the best of the best in coaching hires. Don't forget, all the greatness that was Dr Tom, he in some ways also left that door wide open for mediocrity to creep in.

So Bo couldn't coach, but he managed to somehow win at least 9 games a year....Ok, i can agree with that.

But what does that say for a guy like Riley who has 40+ years of coaching experience to come into Nebraska, and by the grace of God hopefully muster up 6-7 wins just to crawl to a bowl game?

He's Frank Solich 2.0?

Some luck, not all luck. IMO, he would still be here without his on field and off field antics that made the players dislike fans. Think Bo has potential, and could have done great things here if he was willing to change a few coordinators and recruit better. Oh, and he wasn't a fan of adjustments most games.

I like MR as a person, and believe he can do well here, give time. It is possible I am wrong, but as of now, I'll support him and the Huskers.

Oh, and he wasn't a fan of adjustments most games.

So we've clearly improved our pass defense, penalties and 2nd half adjustments........

Five games vs. 7 years. That's fair.

Eichorst led me to believe Riley had more experience than that. Damn lawyer.

I didn't expect to lose three games in the manners we did, for sure. It's been disappointing.

Pretty sure he lost to a sh**ty iowa state team 9-7 with 400 turnovers. But thats cool right cause he won 9 games

Yes Clifford, it is cool. Winning most of your game is cool. Going to conference championships is cool. Being able to go to a bowl game is cool. Watching the flattest and most poorly coached husker football team take the field every weekend is not cool. You better start wanting to be cool again my man.

By those standards, when was the last time when we were actually cool? Because watching a flat, poorly coached Husker football team has been a thing for more than just the last 5 games...

I'm more concerned that we're lucky not to be 1 and 4 under the current staff right now.

And we're equally unlucky not to be 5-0, since you're looking at it that way.
I'm not excusing two incredibly uninspiring performances against Southern Miss and Illinois, but if your statement is true, mine's equally true.

Oh, and he wasn't a fan of adjustments most games.

So we've clearly improved our pass defense, penalties and 2nd half adjustments........

Five games vs. 7 years. That's fair.

Worst start since 1959 without playing a single ranked opponent. That is a lot of years of comparison in my opinion.

Pretty sure he lost to a sh**ty iowa state team 9-7 with 400 turnovers. But thats cool right cause he won 9 games

Yes Clifford, it is cool. Winning most of your game is cool. Going to conference championships is cool. Being able to go to a bowl game is cool. Watching the flattest and most poorly coached husker football team take the field every weekend is not cool. You better start wanting to be cool again my man.

By those standards, when was the last time when we were actually cool? Because watching a flat, poorly coached Husker football team has been a thing for more than just the last 5 games...

I'm more concerned that we're lucky not to be 1 and 4 under the current staff right now.

And we're equally unlucky not to be 5-0, since you're looking at it that way.

I'm not excusing two incredibly uninspiring performances against Southern Miss and Illinois, but if your statement is true, mine's equally true.

Can't disagree.