Riley Supporters Are Wrong

Redux

I giggled a little when I read this:

You sit there and bash Kirk Ferentz. You scoff at Minnesota. You laugh at Illinois.

Right now, you’d trade places with any of those teams in a heartbeat.

Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois fans, have endured what we're just now experiencing, for years now. Yet, I'm pretty sure they weren't whining about it on the level we are, calling for mid-season firing, etc. We would have kicked Ferentz out, YEARS ago.

They were. The boards have been brutal to Ferentz for years and it's eerily similar.

I've read the article and there is one thing I can say with 100% certainty: Neither Pelini nor Riley are the right man to right this program.

Agree. We are like Riley on the final play. 0-3 on coaches. Cally, Bo and Riley...........

Not to beat a dead horse, but after the Bo firing, this board (very knowledgeable fans) never once mentioned Riley. I had to google the guy and was like damn, really? There were some great names thrown out and guys I know would have come here. So we miss on the first 3. Who cares. All of the "choices" were 5* coaches. Instead like Cally, we swung and missed and had no back up. Still have no idea, other than the anti-Bo, why we hired or even looked at Riley.

I am finally in agreement that Riley is likely not right for Nebraska. I too had to google him when the announcement was made. I am curious, what great name, 5* coaches do youknow would have come here, and how do you know? Not trying to be combative, I truly want to know. I"m a complete outsider who views Huskerboard as my "inside" information....so any info you have to give me would be welcome. I know I heard a lot of names, but only on a speculation, or "wish" list, didn't see any that looked like locks had they been offered.

Thanks...

Riley isn't going to be fired this year, whether or not you think it was a mistake to hire him. Therefore I don't see any reason to continually bash him. Why not be at least a bit optimistic and at least hope things turn around, and certainly support the team.

Some of you think that throwing buckets full of money at a a coach will fix the problem, assuming there is one. Are any of you actually filling those buckets substantially? If you are, maybe you can make that firing happen. I really doubt any of you here are though. Even if you are, how many times do you want to try? There are plenty of failed high $ coaches too.

I giggled a little when I read this:

You sit there and bash Kirk Ferentz. You scoff at Minnesota. You laugh at Illinois.

Right now, you’d trade places with any of those teams in a heartbeat.

Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois fans, have endured what we're just now experiencing, for years now. Yet, I'm pretty sure they weren't whining about it on the level we are, calling for mid-season firing, etc. We would have kicked Ferentz out, YEARS ago.

They were. The boards have been brutal to Ferentz for years and it's eerily similar.

For the first almost 20 years of T.O.'s tenure, he was ridiculed in lots of circles. "Why does Nancy give Tom his cereal in a cup....Because he chokes in the bowls"...."Why does it take Tom 3 hours to drive from Lincoln to Omaha.? ......Cause he's afraid to pass"...and so on. If there had been social media back then, he'd have never even made it to the 83 season, much less the 90s. Not saying Riley is the answer, but he is not going to be fired after 6 games, or one year, so on the outside chance there is more to the big picture than we can see, why not chill a little bit and see how things unfold.

On a more related note, I know several Hawkeye fans that are miserable in their success, knowing it solidifies Ferentz (Furnuts to them) and his position.

• Fire 1

Some games include: 52-17 against Missouri, 62-28 against Oklahoma, 31-10 against Texas Tech, (let's not forget 9-7 against Iowa State), 48-17 against Wisconsin, 45-17 against Michigan, 30-13 against South Carolina, 63-38 against Ohio State, 70-31 against Wisconsin (again), 41-21 against UCLA (after being up 21-0), 38-17 against Iowa, and 59-24 against Wisconsin (again).

So you are saying that Pelini has more losses after seven years at Nebraska than Riley has after half a season?

When do you get around to comparing signature victories for the two as a Husker coach? :funnyhahah