Its a very possible what if! But

What if just by some chance we win out. We get healthier, we have a few breaks fall our way and we are able to win the B1G West with 2 losses. Whats the opinions then? It really could happen. We can win out. Just have to get things to fall our way some.

MR?? i thought you were studying film with Langs and Banks....

MR?? i thought you were studying film with Langs and Banks....

What would leave you to believe that those three study films?

But back to the original post: I would like to see it happen. I think it would be possible with the talent, although I think the personality of the team would have to change.

What if just by some chance we win out. We get healthier, we have a few breaks fall our way and we are able to win the B1G West with 2 losses. Whats the opinions then? It really could happen. We can win out. Just have to get things to fall our way some.

If that would happen it would be great! But it requires at a minimum significant changes on the DC side. The secondary schema needs to dramatically change. Would help if the OC would plan more toward our actual players's capabilities. You know, have a mobile quarterback actually move... not just ask him to sit in a pocket.

There's a lot of things that would need to fall in place, but that would be a remarkable story for the season wouldn't it? The first thing is stop with all these damn injuries and start getting some of these guys back from injuries. Then game plan on the offensive side correctly and figure out the defense. That's a lot to figure out, but I suppose it COULD happen. The team would have to believe though...........

Getting to 6-6 isn't going to be a huge problem in my opinion.

Because of matchup issues I see Nebraska finishing like this.

Minnesota - Win - No way Minny wins this game, no way. They can't throw the ball and in the Wisconsin game we still held Stave under 50% when he came in throwing 63%

Northwestern - Tossup - I can't say for sure either way on this. Their offense really isn't that good, but their defense is pretty solid. I am leaning toward NU on this though.

Purdue - Win - Duh

Michigan State - Win - Mike Riley is notorious for winning a game he shouldn't. Happened all the time at Oregon State.

Rutgers - Tossup - This is the worst matchup on paper for us that I see on the remaining schedule.

Iowa - Win - Contain Canzeri, win the game. Luckily our Rush defense is our strength.

I also predict a giant leap from this year to year 2.

I'm not saying national championship by any means, and maybe not a conference championship but I'm starting to sip that Big Red Kool-Aid, we'll be alright.

2-4 sucks, but 4 losses by 11 total points is crazy. In year 2, especially if POB is as good as advertised. I see POB as the starter, and NU's better passing threat will open the run game up.

We'll see the run game become more efficient, and that will make up for the "lack of attempts" even though we're at 50/50 run/pass on the season.

• Fire 1

A lot of people were talking like the Wisky game had to be a win to get to a bowl. I didn't think so. The games we must win are Purdue, Rutgers, Minnesota and Northwestern. Wins against Michigan State and Iowa are not as likely. We might split, if we are lucky. There is a very real chance that we lose both of those.

If we lose this week at Minny or next week at home against the Wildcats, we won't go bowling. If we get blown out in either of those games then I start to think 3-9 or 2-10 are very real possibilities.

• Fire 1

I also predict a giant leap from this year to year 2.

I'm not saying national championship by any means, and maybe not a conference championship but I'm starting to sip that Big Red Kool-Aid, we'll be alright.

2-4 sucks, but 4 losses by 11 total points is crazy. In year 2, especially if POB is as good as advertised. I see POB as the starter, and NU's better passing threat will open the run game up.

We'll see the run game become more efficient, and that will make up for the "lack of attempts" even though we're at 50/50 run/pass on the season.

If things turn out like I fear, there HAS to be a huge turnaround next year. Hate to say it, but if I were betting, I'd bet on 3 and 9 or worse this year over a bowl game.

I saw your other thread about wins and losses, man I'm not sure what you've watched this year that you can chalk any game up as a win right now.

Getting to 6-6 isn't going to be a huge problem in my opinion.

Because of matchup issues I see Nebraska finishing like this.

Minnesota - Win - No way Minny wins this game, no way. They can't throw the ball and in the Wisconsin game we still held Stave under 50% when he came in throwing 63%

Northwestern - Tossup - I can't say for sure either way on this. Their offense really isn't that good, but their defense is pretty solid. I am leaning toward NU on this though.

Purdue - Win - Duh

Michigan State - Win - Mike Riley is notorious for winning a game he shouldn't. Happened all the time at Oregon State.

Rutgers - Tossup - This is the worst matchup on paper for us that I see on the remaining schedule.

Iowa - Win - Contain Canzeri, win the game. Luckily our Rush defense is our strength.

Iowa and Michigan State are losses......end of story.