Eichorst.......stays or goes?

Hunter94

Eichorst is Nebraska class and that's easy to see if you manage put aside frustrations with a football program's W/L record. He represents UNL very well.

If this happens as you say, then I hope he succeeds in courting a guy with the same principles as Riley but who maybe coaches a little better.

I mean, really, I hope he finds our next Osborne. Or at least a Pat Fitzgerald. It won't be easy, those guys don't often come by. You're more likely to get Brady Hoke or Will Muschamp.

Peterson got one hire.

TO got one hire.

If Riley is as bad as you hope he'll be, this will be Eichorst's only hire.

What if Riley is just a placeholder until Frost or some other coach is ready to take over. Will the fans allow that?

i really believe Riley is a place holder, but can we stand it if this is the norm?

Peterson got one hire.

TO got one hire.

What if Riley is just a placeholder until Frost or some other coach is ready to take over. Will the fans allow that?

i really believe Riley is a place holder, but can we stand it if this is the norm?

If Riley sucks for 4 years, but Eichorst has a "splash hire" in mind, do we let him make it?

Eichorst is Nebraska class and that's easy to see if you manage put aside frustrations with a football program's W/L record. He represents UNL very well.

If this happens as you say, then I hope he succeeds in courting a guy with the same principles as Riley but who maybe coaches a little better.

I mean, really, I hope he finds our next Osborne. Or at least a Pat Fitzgerald. It won't be easy, those guys don't often come by. You're more likely to get Brady Hoke or Will Muschamp.

You've got to be joking. He lies routinely, ignores Obsorne's advice, has single handly destroyed Husker football (while having the audacity to say he likes where we are at - how could anyone like where we are at), and is a weasel. In fact, I can't think of one thing I like about what he has done with Husker football.

OK, let's assume Riley lays turds for 3-4 more years, the fans are pissed.......do we sh#t-can Eichorst or do we let this jerk pick our new head coach again?

It's already been stated multiple times elsewhere...as soon as Harvey is gone, Eichorst loses his safety net. If Riley continues to struggle, both Riley and Eichorst will be gone, unless Eichorst does something of significance to earn tenure...like starting up the oft-rumored hockey program for DoNU.

If we continue this trend of losing week in and week out, Eichorst will do exactly what Pat Haden did at USC.

Um...no. While Riley isn't the man for the job at DoNU, he isn't an alcoholic, and he's a good role model for the kids. Completely different circumstances.

Peterson got one hire.

TO got one hire.

If Riley sucks for 4 years, but Eichorst has a "splash hire" in mind, do we let him make it?

His last "splash hire" was Riley so going to go no. And if by suck you mean missing bowl games, no way Riley survives two straight years of missed bowl games

Peterson got one hire.

TO got one hire.

His last "splash hire" was Riley so going to go no. And if by suck you mean missing bowl games, no way Riley survives two straight years of missed bowl games

I seriously doubt he survives one year of no bowl game, to be honest, unless he jettisons his coordinators and some of his position coaches. Then I could see the money giving him another year.

If we continue this trend of losing week in and week out, Eichorst will do exactly what Pat Haden did at USC.

Sarkisian wasn't fired for football reasons.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/college-football/story/_/id/13873288/steve-sarkisian-fired-usc-trojans-head-coach

Things were already on boiling point following the loss to Washington. It was alleged that he would be fired based on record alone until the apparent alcohol problem came to light. That just gave them a better reason to fire him.

What I am saying is if we Nebraska don't win another game or finish 3-9, Eichorst' hand will be forced by boosters and fans. Are we seriously going to give him a mulligan after a horrendous year? I doubt it. I hope things work out but the likelihood of that happening at this rate is not good.