Northwestern week

Red Five

Outrageous College Football Predictions for Week 8

Northwestern's Clayton Thorson will top 300 yards passing against Nebraska

Don't get me wrong — I think Nebraska wins this game — but that doesn't mean Thorson isn't going to toss it all over Lincoln. Before playing Nebraska, neither Joel Stave nor Mitch Leidner had flirted with the 300-yard mark this season. They then threw for over 300 yards against the Cornhuskers in consecutive weeks. There really is no reason for Thorson to top the mark, outside of Nebraska's secondary being just plain bad. Between that and the Wildcats playing from behind all day, Thorson should top 300 yards with ease.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/outrageous-college-football-predictions-week-8-2015

Don't get me wrong I think Nebraska wins this game but that doesn't mean Thorson isn't going to toss it all over Lincoln. Before playing Nebraska, neither Joel Stave nor Mitch Leidner had flirted with the 300-yard mark this season. They then threw for over 300 yards against the Cornhuskers in consecutive weeks. There really is no reason for Thorson to top the mark, outside of Nebraska's secondary being just plain bad. Between that and the Wildcats playing from behind all day, Thorson should top 300 yards with ease.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/outrageous-college-football-predictions-week-8-2015

if J Rose continues to play the way he's been playing anyone can get 300. Has Trai Mosley played much this season? Can't imagine he'd be any worse.

Don't get me wrong I think Nebraska wins this game but that doesn't mean Thorson isn't going to toss it all over Lincoln. Before playing Nebraska, neither Joel Stave nor Mitch Leidner had flirted with the 300-yard mark this season. They then threw for over 300 yards against the Cornhuskers in consecutive weeks. There really is no reason for Thorson to top the mark, outside of Nebraska's secondary being just plain bad. Between that and the Wildcats playing from behind all day, Thorson should top 300 yards with ease.

if J Rose continues to play the way he's been playing anyone can get 300. Has Trai Mosley played much this season? Can't imagine he'd be any worse.

Or more likely:

If one of our DBs is having trouble defending the pass, perhaps he's not that good.

If all of our DBs are having trouble defending the pass, perhaps our scheme isn't very good.

But as far as Mosely goes, he's gotten to play some. Can't remember which game it was - early on, USA or USM - he got in the game, promptly got beat and got taken out again. He's been in here and there but not a lot (I don't think).

So it just dawned on me, we play Northwestern this week. I'm really not as excited for this game as I should be. Even last year when I thought we could throttle them, I was pumped to do so. This year, I think we beat them handily. Still not super pumped.

I loved the Minnesota win last week, felt great. But I'm still worried we don't rise to the challenge and finish this season strong. Gotta absolutely murder NW this week.

So it just dawned on me, we play Northwestern this week. I'm really not as excited for this game as I should be. Even last year when I thought we could throttle them, I was pumped to do so. This year, I think we beat them handily. Still not super pumped.

I loved the Minnesota win last week, felt great. But I'm still worried we don't rise to the challenge and finish this season strong. Gotta absolutely murder NW this week.

I don't get why everybody is so sure NW is going to be an easy win. Their two losses were to top-15 teams. They've beaten the #10 team and Duke (don't know if they're still ranked) on the road. It seems like everyone is banking on NW having a collapse like they did in 2013, but they just might regroup for this game. NW's resume is better than any other team we've played this year.

Anyway, it seems like you and a lot of others are setting yourselves up to be disappointed if we don't "murder them" or "beat them handily." I'll be happy with a last-second win. It beats the hell out of a last-second loss.

• Fire 2

I don't get why everybody is so sure NW is going to be an easy win. Their two losses were to top-15 teams. They've beaten the #10 team and Duke (don't know if they're still ranked) on the road. It seems like everyone is banking on NW having a collapse like they did in 2013, but they just might regroup for this game. NW's resume is better than any other team we've played this year.

Anyway, it seems like you and a lot of others are setting yourselves up to be disappointed if we don't "murder them" or "beat them handily." I'll be happy with a last-second win. It beats the hell out of a last-second loss.

Yeah I'm with you. After looking at the "Expert Picks" thread and seeing that one expert pick us was shocking to me. Northwestern is still 5-2 and we are still 3-4....plus besides last year's game Northwestern has always played us close. I'm not as confident as a lot of people are, I expect to win, but I highly doubt it will be easy.

Yeah I'm with you. After looking at the "Expert Picks" thread and seeing that one expert pick us was shocking to me. Northwestern is still 5-2 and we are still 3-4....plus besides last year's game Northwestern has always played us close. I'm not as confident as a lot of people are, I expect to win, but I highly doubt it will be easy.

Agree here. The bolded is how I feel.