LB/DE Jared Glover

• 3 weeks later...

Our 12th commit!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez

he certainly saw a different atmosphere b/w the booing when he was attending the ark/usc game, & the cheering from the NU crowd last night at the NU/ks game:

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

p.s. he is the 2nd **** of the recruiting class for NU

LJS on Glover

BY TOMMY DAHLK / Lincoln Journal Star

Sunday, Oct 01, 2006 - 11:28:27 pm CDT

All Jared Glover needed was a sign.

A couple of weeks ago, the 6-foot-5, 220-pound linebacker from Bixby, Okla., got one early in the morning when Nebraska football coach Bill Callahan gave him a call.

“I’ve had my mind made up for a couple of weeks now,” Glover said. “I’ve just been praying about it with my parents. One night I was with my dad, praying and asking for a sign. The next morning, I wake up, roll out of bed, and I saw a call from coach Callahan. I kind of took that as a sign, and that’s when I made my mind up.”

Although Glover wanted to orally commit to the Huskers’ 2007 recruiting class a couple weeks ago, he didn’t make it official until he visited the NU campus this past weekend. Glover said he wanted to tell the coaches in person because it would mean more to them than a commitment on the phone.

Advertisement

Originally, Glover was recruited by teams as a defensive end and is ranked as the No. 30 weakside defensive end in the nation by Rivals.com. Scout.com, meanwhile, lists him as the 21st-best linebacker prospect nationally.

He drew a three-star rating from Rivals.com and a four-star ranking from Scout.com.

Glover, an outside linebacker in high school, is the seventh-rated recruit in Oklahoma by Rivals.com and said Nebraska recruited him as a SAM (strongside) linebacker, not as a defensive end.

Glover said he sees himself fitting in nicely with defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove’s scheme.

“I think I’ll fit in great,” Glover said. “To be honest with you, where Stewart Bradley plays, the SAM linebacker position, is pretty much identical to what I do in high school. When I watch it on film, it’s so easy to find and it’s like just me.”

With his commitment, Glover, who had 91 tackles and 21 sacks during his junior year, became Callahan’s fourth recruit from the Sooner state since coming to Nebraska in 2004.

Glover narrowed his choices to Nebraska, Colorado, and Arkansas and said he felt most comfortable playing for the Husker coaches.

“The coaches here are just incredible football coaches,” Glover said. “But outside of football, they are just incredible people compared to other coaches I met.”

• 2 months later...