Will POB Start next season

Our defense is getting better each game, while the offense is getting worse, mostly due to Armstrong's inability to throw and make plays. He may have one good game (like at Minnesota), but he's not consistent enough to be the starting QB for NU. I'm wondering if Patrick O'Brien or another QB on the team may start next season despite Armstrong being a senior. I'm all for a change.

POB starts game 5 at the latest, IMO. My money would be on game 1.

If neb going to throw 30+ game we need a qb that can pass. Backfoot won't start next year. This is now 6 years of bad qb play. It has stop.

You are right...Martinez could not throw either. I'm not buying that we don't have another option at QB. To run the offense we are trying to run, the QB must make the short and intermediate throws, so this notion that Darlington is not a candidate because of the long throws seems mind-boggling. We have some good playmakers at WR and are not using them effectively.

The QB who hasn't set foot on campus is always the best player on the team. Y'all are hilarious.

Nobody is saying he's the best player on the team. It's a fair question...if none of the backups on the current team are good enough to replace Armstrong this year, odds are they won't be next season too, so only somebody new coming in would have that opportunity.

The QB who hasn't set foot on campus is always the best player on the team. Y'all are hilarious.

He is completing 80% of his throws...nearly double TAs Comp%

He's in high school. TA isn't a good thrower or decision maker but we don't know sh#t about how POB will be in college. See Johnny Stanton.

You are trying to make a completely faulty comparison simply because they are from the same state and have some hype. It's like saying that Jordan Stevenson will never do well at Nebraska because he's an African American running back, and Aaron Green didn't do well when he was with Nebraska. These are two completely separate individuals. I take it you are pleased with Armstrong's performance given your comments.

He's in high school. TA isn't a good thrower or decision maker but we don't know sh#t about how POB will be in college. See Johnny Stanton.

Put your support in TA. You may lose your credibility. Watch out!

You are trying to make a completely faulty comparison simply because they are from the same state and have some hype. It's like saying that Jordan Stevenson will never do well at Nebraska because he's an African American running back, and Aaron Green didn't do well when he was with Nebraska. These are two completely separate individuals. I take it you are pleased with Armstrong's performance given your comments.

Actually, I'm comparing POB to every hyped up high school QB who has ever existed. Most of them don't start as true freshmen. Stanton is one of hundreds of examples. I don't give a crap where POB is from or what race he is. I didn't know he was from California. Also, please learn to read. I just said in the exact post you're quoting that TA is not a good thrower or decision maker.

What an idiotic post. I want the best QB to play. I don't care what his/her name is.

Actually, I'm comparing POB to every hyped up high school QB who has ever existed. Most of them don't start as true freshmen. Stanton is one of hundreds of examples. I don't give a crap where POB is from or what race he is. I didn't know he was from California. Also, please learn to read. I just said in the exact post you're quoting that TA is not a good thrower or decision maker.

Then why the comment that he's the best player on the team. Nobody ever said that. Our QB play is not good right now, and so many fans are wondering if there will be other options in 2016. Nobody is saying he would come in and be the best player on the entire team, so I'm not sure why you are implying that.

What an idiotic post. I want the best QB to play. I don't care what his/her name is.

Well you said it yourself that TA isn't s good thrower and you don't know what POB brings to the table...so you saying it's stupid to think that POB should start is beyond me

Then why the comment that he's the best player on the team. Nobody ever said that. Our QB play is not good right now, and so many fans are wondering if there will be other options in 2016. Nobody is saying he would come in and be the best player on the entire team, so I'm not sure why you are implying that.

I said it because it's almost always the backup QB or a QB not on the team yet that is assumed to be the best. It was an exaggeration