Eichorst Rant

I for one am sick of all the Fire Mike Riley comments! Anybody with half a brain needs to realize that will never happen until at least year 3! The university is not going to payout 3 different salaries for HC's-it's just won't happen. With that being said, why all the "Fire Mike Riley" talk? He didn't fire Bo, and hire himself. This was done by that clown SE. He is the one that needs to go! He is the one setting us back another decade at the very least! He and Perlman are a joke and need to be removed from the program! Perlman should have hired an AD with Nebraska ties, ie ex player or coach. Even if SE would have made a good hire at HC he will still be jumping ship to Wiscy as soon as that job becomes available. We need to find the right AD! Firing Riley won't do anything. Eichorst will just bring in another lackluster HC putting the same type of product on the field. This is Fing NEBRASKA! There is no excuse for this!

Sorry for my rant! I am becoming very frustrated with the state of the program! How much more of this crap are we going to take. SE needs to go now, and Perlman needs to rush into retirement.

• Fire 5

is the real problem not perlman? always sabotaging our sports to help he own, unknown ulterior motives?

I have a theory that we angered a rich Oklahoma fan when we beat them up in the 90s. This person vowed to get even with Nebraska, and has been donating massive amounts of money, perhaps under the table, to decision makers at Nebraska. We are doomed until this guy runs out of money. :dunno

I for one am sick of all the Fire Mike Riley comments! Anybody with half a brain needs to realize that will never happen until at least year 3! The university is not going to payout 3 different salaries for HC's-it's just won't happen. With that being said, why all the "Fire Mike Riley" talk? He didn't fire Bo, and hire himself. This was done by that clown SE. He is the one that needs to go! He is the one setting us back another decade at the very least! He and Perlman are a joke and need to be removed from the program! Perlman should have hired an AD with Nebraska ties, ie ex player or coach. Even if SE would have made a good hire at HC he will still be jumping ship to Wiscy as soon as that job becomes available. We need to find the right AD! Firing Riley won't do anything. Eichorst will just bring in another lackluster HC putting the same type of product on the field. This is Fing NEBRASKA! There is no excuse for this!

Sorry for my rant! I am becoming very frustrated with the state of the program! How much more of this crap are we going to take. SE needs to go now, and Perlman needs to rush into retirement.

i need more plus ones for this one

Huskerfan92, I am not ready to fire Riley yet. He runs a completely different system then Bo. I still believe that he can do good things with his own players in here. It's hard to run a pro style offense with a QB that is an "athlete". We have to give the guy time. I don't want to cut him loose yet. In a few years, if things aren't improving and he isn't making the necessary changes, then yes! If you look at the first half of the season we were on lucks bad side. If we started out 4 or 5-0 would we even be having this convo. Most likely not.

• Fire 1

I love when the idiots come out of the woodwork calling for the AD like they have a clue about running an athletic program at a power 5 school.

It's like watching good will hunting. A janitor that knows complex math equations.

on a messageboard

under an anonymous profile

epic

But in "Good Will Hunting," wasn't the janitor really good at complex math equations? Or maybe I'm just missing your point. :lol:

• Fire 5

I don't think Riley should be fired not should this hired be considered "bad" yet. Riley came into a very toxic environment and has brought an entirely new system in. I figured this year would be tough and I figured this would take more than a year to fix some of the problems the program had developed under Pelini. While I'm not happy with the results so far I am quite optimistic that Riley can win at Nebraska.

As far as the AD, I think you have to look at the entire athletic program as a whole while also giving Riley more than a year (half season) to determine the quality of the hire.

I love when the idiots come out of the woodwork calling for the AD like they have a clue about running an athletic program at a power 5 school.

It's like watching good will hunting. A janitor that knows complex math equations.

on a messageboard

epic

But in "Good Will Hunting," wasn't the janitor really good at complex math equations? Or maybe I'm just missing your point.

I believe he was a custodian.

on a messageboard

epic

But in "Good Will Hunting," wasn't the janitor really good at complex math equations? Or maybe I'm just missing your point. :lol:

My thought too.

I think Eichorst needs to go before Riley, that's for sure. He can't be allowed to hire another coach. Frankly, I don't think he can be left in a position where he's asked to fairly evaluate his own coach. That's why he needs to go.

I don't agree with those who say a new AD is a guarantee that a coach will be fired. Countless examples run counter to that claim, and if we get the right guy (i.e., not an ego manic or a lap dog to Perlman, who personally disliked Bo), then we can move forward in an intelligent way.

I remember when TO gave Callahan a set of very achievable benchmarks to save his job. He failed and he was fired, but I sincerely believe that if he'd fulfilled the requirements, TO would have retained him.

I don't believe that about guys like Perlman, Eichorst and Pederson; they are snakes in the grass who make a determination and then hope that results break in their favor so they are justified in retrospect. But regardless of results, they are going to carry out their agenda.

Leadership matters, and NU football is struggling as a direct result of awful administrative leadership.