Fan Expectations

soup

What are fan expectations?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

7-0 / 4-0 (in the hunt for the playoff)

Interesting parallel. I'm sure there are many other similar examples out there where sticking with a coach through early adversity paid dividends.

I bet most of those examples were not at traditional power schools, though. I think a 3rd year losing season gets you fired at a lot of places, including here.

I think that until we are back to being a top 20 recruiting team we need to pump the breaks on top 15 expectations, like it or not

Doesn't need to be.

2 so here's my $0.02 on it and forgive me if this is messed up due to me writing this on my cracked iPhone after about one lost that's when I start to falter because to me it's all about the championships it's all about playing for the championship game and when you lose one game you automatically start talking yourself out of the hunt when you lose 223 well then its like okay maybe you could get to the title game but then when its past that to me there's really no point is not that I still don't root for the team not that I still don't watch him but the exciting that is absolutely gone for me its at striving for those championships that made me fall in love with this team when I first started watching it and its at continue excited that I seek for every season and ever since 99 its just been kind of sad

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Interesting parallel. I'm sure there are many other similar examples out there where sticking with a coach through early adversity paid dividends.

I bet most of those examples were not at traditional power schools, though. I think a 3rd year losing season gets you fired at a lot of places, including here.

I think that until we are back to being a top 20 recruiting team we need to pump the breaks on top 15 expectations, like it or not

Doesn't need to be.

A third year with a losing record will get Riley fired here IMO. Dabo has a couple of things going for him at Clemson. S. Carolina is a great recruiting area and Dabo is a great recruiter. I personally don't think that the ACC is that great a conference, that makes it easier to win. They have a couple of really good teams but not 5-6 that are really good. It is not a physically imposing conference. Many actually think that Dabo has under performed at Clemson. They always say Clemson being Clemson. Losing a couple of head scratchier games every year. So far this year he has avoided that loss or 2 that can't be explained. But, the season is not over.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Doesn't need to be.

A third year with a losing record will get Riley fired here IMO. Dabo has a couple of things going for him at Clemson. S. Carolina is a great recruiting area and Dabo is a great recruiter. I personally don't think that the ACC is that great a conference, that makes it easier to win. They have a couple of really good teams but not 5-6 that are really good. It is not a physically imposing conference. Many actually think that Dabo has under performed at Clemson. They always say Clemson being Clemson. Losing a couple of head scratchier games every year. So far this year he has avoided that loss or 2 that can't be explained. But, the season is not over.

Probably true if he actually has losing records.

However, my comment was based more on results not in line with how ultimately Husker fans desire their program to end up. Meaning, lets say this year and the next two end up 4-8, 7-6 (lose their bowl), 8-5 (win their bowl). I wouldn't sit here right now and say he should definitely be fired. Now, those results are no where close to where I expect this program to be performing ultimately. He should at least be heavily scrutinized. However, let's say the next three recruiting classes are ranked 23, 17, 8 and late in that year three those highly recruited players are just starting to come into their own.

Do you just look at the record and say FIRE THE SOB!!!!??? Or, do you allow him to develop those young recruits he just brought into the program?

I'm not sure about 14-0, but I definitely expect a conference championship within 5 years. If not, try someone else.

Do you believe Riley can lead Nebraska to a championship within 6 years? No. Hell no.

You might also ask - Do you believe any other coach could lead us to a championship with 6 years? Yes

If so, name him: Too many to list, but I've mentioned many of them in past threads.

Richt hasn't won a conference championship the past six years at Georgia where 80+ percent of his recruiting classes are in the top 10. Let that sink in for a while. 80+ percent of his recruiting classes are top 10 yet 80+ percent of the time he finishes the season out of the top 10. The last time he won a conference championship was a decade ago when the SEC was far from top dog when the ACC and Big 12 was dominating the NCs. He's very similar to Mack Brown with the exception that Mack Brown won a NC. Oh, and Georgia currently isn't even ranked. I recently read an article stating that Richt in part still has a job at Georgia because of us. It wasn't just Nebraska. Other teams were mentioned who had fired coaches for failing to win anything of significance only to see a major dip in the program. I'm assuming the article was referencing our firing of Solich because it was written before the start of this season. This is the guy you have been promoting for quite some time. We might as well have just stuck with Bo if this is the direction we go.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Did not win 70% of his games in the first three seasons. Barely got there in year four (71%). Apparently not fired after 8 games. The Tiger board must have been going crazy by game 9 and 10. Yet somehow Clemson is being talked about as a possible contender this year. And no one is looking back at his first few seasons to discredit what they are accomplishing today, this year, in the moment. Good for them. Would switch places with them in a NY minute (including our past 7 years of winning 9 or 10 games while losing 4 every time)

I mean.....you do see a clear difference in how Dabo started out versus how Riley has started out, right?

Take it for what it's worth bud. Read it again if you want, or don't.

Where would you have fired Dabo? After his 3rd year? I guess...maybe? I mean the rest of the years are all pretty good and he brings in good classes.

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Doesn't need to be.

Probably true if he actually has losing records.

However, my comment was based more on results not in line with how ultimately Husker fans desire their program to end up. Meaning, lets say this year and the next two end up 4-8, 7-6 (lose their bowl), 8-5 (win their bowl). I wouldn't sit here right now and say he should definitely be fired. Now, those results are no where close to where I expect this program to be performing ultimately. He should at least be heavily scrutinized. However, let's say the next three recruiting classes are ranked 23, 17, 8 and late in that year three those highly recruited players are just starting to come into their own.

Do you just look at the record and say FIRE THE SOB!!!!??? Or, do you allow him to develop those young recruits he just brought into the program?

Clemson

Dabo Swinney at Clemson

Overall / Conf

4-3 / 3-2

9-5 / 6-2

6-7 / 4-4

10-4 / 6-2

11-2 / 7-1

11-2 / 7-1

10-3 / 6-2

Doesn't need to be.

Clemson hasn't lost to an unranked team since 2011. Don't get why you say we lose 1 or two a year that can't be explained.