Trivia Tuesday.

I know, I know, it's Wednesday. But Trivia Tuesday sounds so much better than "Trivia Wednesday" ;)

At 10pm tonight (Wednesday) I will provide the answers...

I thought this would be fun for this week, so, here are some trivia questions for those of you who wish to participate. (Bragging rights to who accumulates the most points.) All questions are from 2000-present day

1.) Since 2000 (including that season), how many wins does NU have through the Northwestern game? (2 pts)

2.) In that same time frame, of all 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs, where does that number rank NU? (5 pts)

3.) Who is the top 10 in wins in that time frame of the 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs? (2 pts each)

4.) There are 5 programs who have yet to eclipse the 75 win mark in that time period, who are they? (2 pts each)

5.) Which program is in first place with 167 wins? (2 pts)

6.) Which program is in last place with 56 wins? (2 pts)

7.) Which conference has the most programs UNDER 100 wins? (5 pts)

8.) There is 1 program who has eclipsed their 100th win during this season, it occurred last week, who was it? (10 pts)

9.) Which conference has the most programs OVER 100 wins? (5 pts)

10.) BONUS: How many schools in the nation (high school and college) have the mascot "CHANTICLEERS" and who are those schools? (5 pts)

• Fire 3

I know, I know, it's Wednesday. But Trivia Tuesday sounds so much better than "Trivia Wednesday" ;)

I thought this would be fun for this week, so, here are some trivia questions for those of you who wish to participate. (Bragging rights to who accumulates the most points.) All questions are from 2000-present day

1.) Since 2000 (including that season), how many wins does NU have through the Northwestern game? (2 pts)

2.) In that same time frame, of all 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs, where does that number rank NU? (5 pts)

12th

3.) Who is the top 10 in wins in that time frame of the 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs? (2 pts each)

USC, Florida St, Ohio St, TCU, Oklahoma, Utah, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Oregon

4.) There are 5 programs who have yet to eclipse the 75 win mark in that time period, who are they? (2 pts each)

Vanderbilt, Iowa St, Colorado, Indiana, Washington St

TCU

Iowa St

Pac 12

8.) There is 1 program who has eclipsed their 100th win during this season, it occurred last week, who was it? (10 pts)

Northwestern

SEC

10.) BONUS: How many schools in the nation (high school and college) have the mascot "CHANTICLEERS" and who are those schools? (5 pts)

1 Coastal Carolina

Inline, assuming all but the last apply to the major 5 conferences, otherwise I'm going to name SunBelt teams for some of those.

SWAG:

1.) Since 2000 (including that season), how many wins does NU have through the Northwestern game? (2 pts) - 123

2.) In that same time frame, of all 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs, where does that number rank NU? (5 pts) - 10th

3.) Who is the top 10 in wins in that time frame of the 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs? (2 pts each) - Texas, USC, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Nebraska, TCU

4.) There are 5 programs who have yet to eclipse the 75 win mark in that time period, who are they? (2 pts each) - Syracuse, Purdue, Washington State, Colorado, Wake Forest

5.) Which program is in first place with 167 wins? (2 pts) - Alabama

6.) Which program is in last place with 56 wins? (2 pts) - Colorado

7.) Which conference has the most programs UNDER 100 wins? (5 pts) - ACC

8.) There is 1 program who has eclipsed their 100th win during this season, it occurred last week, who was it? (10 pts) - Indiana

9.) Which conference has the most programs OVER 100 wins? (5 pts) - SEC

10.) BONUS: How many schools in the nation (high school and college) have the mascot "CHANTICLEERS" and who are those schools? (5 pts) - Ord

• Fire 1

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS! Things got hectic last night as I was not able to get the answers up till now.

1.) Since 2000 (including that season), how many wins does NU have through the Northwestern game? (2 pts) -

Answer = 134

Answer = 14th (Tied with Clemson)

Answer = Oklahoma, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas, Georgia, TCU, VaTech, Florida, Wisconsin

Answer = Kentucky, Kansas, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Duke

Answer = Oklahoma

Answer = Duke

Answer = Big 10 and Pac 12 at 5 each (Larger percentage of PAC12, however)

Answer = Northwestern

Answer = ACC and SEC both have 10

Answer = 2 : Coastal Carolina, and Ord High School in NE (my alma mater)

• Fire 1

Nice! Sorry I missed out on this.

btw, I think you typed the wrong answer in for #9.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :facepalm:

I don't think you've missed anything yet. Those are just my wild guesses - some more wild than others apparently. I haven't seen the answers yet.

Ha ha! Must've been my dyslexia acting up. When I made that post I could have sworn the word "Vanderbilt" was typed in as an answer to #9. Which didn't make any sense. :lol:

• Fire 1

1.) Since 2000 (including that season), how many wins does NU have through the Northwestern game? (2 pts) 132

2.) In that same time frame, of all 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs, where does that number rank NU? (5 pts) 25

3.) Who is the top 10 in wins in that time frame of the 65 CURRENT Power 5 programs? (2 pts each) Bama, Oregon, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Florida, Auburn

4.) There are 5 programs who have yet to eclipse the 75 win mark in that time period, who are they? (2 pts each) Vanderbilt, Kansas, Colorado, Indiana, Tulane

5.) Which program is in first place with 167 wins? (2 pts) Bama

6.) Which program is in last place with 56 wins? (2 pts) Kansas

7.) Which conference has the most programs UNDER 100 wins? (5 pts) ACC

8.) There is 1 program who has eclipsed their 100th win during this season, it occurred last week, who was it? (10 pts) Purdue? (I have no idea. But the Boilers seem to win about 6 or 7 per year. lol)

9.) Which conference has the most programs OVER 100 wins? (5 pts) SEC

10.) BONUS: How many schools in the nation (high school and college) have the mascot "CHANTICLEERS" and who are those schools? (5 pts) Zero. Nobody would choose a mascot that stupid. :lol:

Edited by NUance
Dang! The Big East isn't a Power Five conf. this year. So I cheated and changed it. Sue me! lol