2012 Michigan State

gdubs4nu

Discounting the early loss to Notre Dame (national title runner up), they lost 5 games that season by a total of 13 points. The next year they went 13-1 winning the Big 10. It was their worst season in the last 7.

Just sayin'

Except the 2012 MSU team actually faced some ranked teams that year.

Every team save Iowa that beat Michigan State finished ranked in the top 25. We dont know for certain how things are going to turn out with Nebraskas opponents, but our losses are to teams that are mostly unranked. And we have 0 quality wins to help offset it.

And let's not forget the additional embarrassment MSU suffered from losing to Nebraska that year, who had THE WORST COACH EVAR!

Invalid comparison.

Just sayin'

Also, that 2012 MSU team lost to a 7-5 Michigan squad, 7-5 third placed finish Wisconsin team that still made the B1G championship game and THROTTLED the ranked Nebraska team that beat them 70-31.

I can cherry pick too.

I'll accept your apology as well.

I know you can cherry pick. It was evident in the OP.

You're welcome.

• Fire 1

Discounting the early loss to Notre Dame (national title runner up), they lost 5 games that season by a total of 13 points. The next year they went 13-1 winning the Big 10. It was their worst season in the last 7.

Just sayin'

Every team save Iowa that beat Michigan State finished ranked in the top 25. We dont know for certain how things are going to turn out with Nebraskas opponents, but our losses are to teams that are mostly unranked. And we have 0 quality wins to help offset it.

And let's not forget the additional embarrassment MSU suffered from losing to Nebraska that year, who had THE WORST COACH EVAR!

Just sayin'

actually BYU, Wisconsin, and Northwestern have all been ranked at one point this year.

So was Arizona St., Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia Tech, and West Virginia....doesn't mean much

What is this thread? Are you trying to find reason in an unreasonable season, or make us feel better? Because don't you try to make us feel better! We are mired in a crap season with coaches who haven't affected change, players who haven't gotten over the hump, we're unranked, nobody has anything good to say about us in the press, we aren't raking in recruits like crazy, and overall everything is just bad. We're miserable and we LIKE it, mister! We do NOT want to be told it might be better next year. That does NOT fit our worldview right now and we are NOT hearing it!

Things are bad and will always be bad and will never get better and our lives are ruint and we have no hope at all. At. All. BLERGH! <stomps feet a little bit>

• Fire 5

What is this thread? Are you trying to find reason in an unreasonable season, or make us feel better? Because don't you try to make us feel better! We are mired in a crap season with coaches who haven't affected change, players who haven't gotten over the hump, we're unranked, nobody has anything good to say about us in the press, we aren't raking in recruits like crazy, and overall everything is just bad. We're miserable and we LIKE it, mister! We do NOT want to be told it might be better next year. That does NOT fit our worldview right now and we are NOT hearing it!

Things are bad and will always be bad and will never get better and our lives are ruint and we have no hope at all. At. All. BLERGH! <stomps feet a little bit>

^ ALL OF THIS

Can we all just take solace in the fact that if next year mirrors this one, we can actually start speculating about who will be our next coach instead of complaining about who we each would have rahter had.

As far as MSU goes in 2012, I think we win it late with a passing TD. Like in the last minute.

Just sayin'

Invalid comparison.

Just sayin'

Really? Did Nebraska finish ranked at the end of 2012, I have no idea. Anyway whether you like the analogy or not it does show an example of a team losing a lot of close games to teams. Whether you think our opponents are crap is another thing.

I do find that a lot of Nebraska fans have very little respect for some opponents even if they are having a good season. BYU is probably on its way to a 10-2 record. NW is looking at least like and 8 win team and Wisconsin is probably winning 9 games this year. Not too bad is it. Oh, and we still have to play 2 undefeated top 10 ranked teams this year. Nebraska should have beaten Illinois, this is for sure, but they really aren't too bad a team.

Now having said all that it doesn't mean I am all right with the season we are having. But, the analogy he put forth is valid.

• Fire 2

We wil upset either Iowa or MSU. It is in the makeup that has many believe Riley can be the man as evidenced by his trend of upsetting teams at OSU while posting a .536 record. It was these upsets tat have led some to speculate, if only he had our talent, facilities, athleticism what could he do.... Well so far, 3-5. I still predict an upset as that is also his track record in addition to the average rankings.

Unsure which team it will be, but one will lose to the Huskers and we will have beaten our highest ranked opponent in since I don't remember as well as posting the worst Husker record since I have been alive.