Seriously, what happens if Ryker lights it up?

What's his int to attempt ratio?

Everything you pretty much wrote about the kid is bullsh#t.

me?
Yes. Your post about him is in lalaland.

tell me how. Dont just say it. Give me a legit argument. Otherwise my opinion of you will remain. That youre not a thinker at all and you just wanna spew sh#t to make yourself feel better about your opinion.

Tell me how so. Itll be fun. I promise.

It's not worth trying to educate you because you're already convinced. Anyone who takes a single throw among 49 attempts and says that's the best indicator of him as a QB is just not going to listen to reason.

Ah yes, the classic "it's not worth my time" line. Yes. you dont know. YOU sir are the one who's convinced.

Watch the game. No dont just watch the game. WATCH the game. It's not about that one play. I said he had 9 opportuniteis to step up and run for legit yardage. Maybe hit a checkdown or too. But he scrambles backwards. Takes some sack and throws one up 50 yards down the field. He is not being taught that I guarantee you. Guarantee. But he's a competitor. He wants to make big plays. And at times that's his weakness.

Bring me some legit points so we can have a discussion here. And no I dont mean some bulllshit lie like "youre picking one pass out of 49 to crititque him on".

Part of me is more excited to see the carnage that is the game day thread. Going to remember this thread as a reference point for the complete 180 some of you take by halftime.

You read the game thread.

It's good therapy sometimes. Vent some extreme annoyances and then sit back and laugh at some of the crazy comments.

God, I just realized that Tommy is 11th in attempts among QBs at this point.

If it's to be believed that TA is as bad as some claim, does that mean this staff is stupid enough to put him in positions to fail or that they don't really care about winning games as much as they do about system?

At this point? It's the system. no doubt. They have their guy coming in January. They tried to do it the player's way. But the Oline doesnt have the talent or the mentality (or health for that matter) to be a nasty downhill running team.

I recall when cally had his guy coming too. Good old HB.

We have no idea what the OL has because they won't rotate young talent because apparently Cav can't prepare the backups well enough "mentally."f

Read my comment in the Tom Herman thread in rumorville. You may want to put a little faith in Langsdorf when it comes to choosing (and yes, Pat Obrien was chosen. He did not have a lot of light until Riley and Langs ID'd and offered him) and developing qb's.

2013 8 picks in 131 attempts

2014 12 picks in 345 attempts

2015 7 picks in 284 attempts

Do you think 7 in 284 is bad, average or good compared to other college QBs?

It's probably not that bad. And if int/att ratio was my point, youd have me here. But it's not. It's situational football. He tries to do too much. Scrambling backwards 20 yards and heaving an incompletion 50 yards downfield when a step up and run for 5-7 yards gets us in 2nd and short instead of 2nd and 10. This things happen a lot and they pile up over the course of the game. yes. it's the pick six that's glaring. But it's a bunch of other little things he's still missing that I notice. I only wish I could do vines or gifs from dvr. A lot I could show.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Cavanaugh-Theres-a-gap-40616554

“I know that’s like the topic around here but to me the guys that are in there are our best players,” Cavanaugh said. “There’s a gap. How many NFL games do guys watch where they rotate guys just to rotate. I’ve never done that. Like it or not it’s something we haven’t done or I haven’t done that. I think those top guys are who should be playing and are playing.

“To me I have a hard time if there’s separation between players, whether it is physically or mentally, I wouldn’t rotate them in.”

“Other guys are going to grow,” he said. "There are some guys that I like. I’m not going to name names, but if they were ready, trust me they’d be playing, you know what I mean?"

Get him cm husker! This focker Cavanaugh thinks he know more about coaching the offensive line than you do! That derty sumbeach!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1680-1385599130-0_p

I hope Riker does fine. Why wish ill will upon someone who probably has more pride and knows the meaning of what a Husker is and should be. Maybe this element will outwiegh scrambling ability and make the team better. Maybe having some passion for Nebraska will be more important than completing a 20 yard bomb to gain a first down on 3rd and long........Your either on the side that wants to see the team improve or the side that thinks foolishly that if we lose to Purdue, Riley will get canned. That won't happen, so lets root for a home state guy who has dreamed of this for years. This is what makes college football special. This is what made Nebraska unique in many ways for so many years. Players with home state pride, and pride to win at all costs against all odds.

This could be a win win for the coaches and players. If they dummy down the offense and run just a little bit more and throw high percentage passes, it might change the way the rest of the season plays out. Competition might make TA a better decision maker if he thinks that making a costly mistake might mean riding the pine. I think this is good timing for this injury or not.

“I know that’s like the topic around here but to me the guys that are in there are our best players,” Cavanaugh said. “There’s a gap. How many NFL games do guys watch where they rotate guys just to rotate. I’ve never done that. Like it or not it’s something we haven’t done or I haven’t done that. I think those top guys are who should be playing and are playing.

“To me I have a hard time if there’s separation between players, whether it is physically or mentally, I wouldn’t rotate them in.”

“Other guys are going to grow,” he said. "There are some guys that I like. I’m not going to name names, but if they were ready, trust me they’d be playing, you know what I mean?"

Get him cm husker! This focker Cavanaugh thinks he know more about coaching the offensive line than you do! That derty sumbeach!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1680-1385599130-0_p

Lfpojir.gif

Huh? Not sure why you threw this in this thread or called me out about substitutions. I've not said much, if anything, on the topic.

But because you raised it, Cavanaugh is extremely misguided if he thinks these kids are going to "get ready" while never touching the field. Practice is great, but it can't simulate game situations. I don't care what the NFL does; guys rotate and need to rotate in college because that's how you gain experience and prepare for when the class turnsover.

This is discussions is really related to another significant concern I have about this offense and the philosophy being instilled now: if you can't pass block, you can't play.

That's why we have guys like Wilbon, who has showed flashes of real ability as a dynamic running back, riding the pine. Because the premium put on "pass pro" keeps guys on the bench. As I've said, Ameer would have struggled to see the field in this offense.

And the same is true of certain OL men. Pass blocking is one of the most difficult tasks, mentally and physically, that you can put on an OL. It takes a ton of time in practice to work the various looks an OL may face in a given game and understand exactly how it fits together.

Run blocking on the contrary, though it can be more complicated, is less reaction based and more aggressive. A guy has to learn his assignment and go execute, not learn his assignment based on a variety of situations, read the correct situation at game speed and then execute.

I have a simple philosophy when it comes to college offense: reduce the number of "choices" or reads placed on players by putting defenses in a position where they have to commit to one look or another. This is true of the passing game, which is why I like option employed, as it simplifies defensive coverages usually. It's why I like run based offenses, because it makes it "easier" on the OL to know what he's doing and go out and exert his will on the opponent.

No one can tell me that guys like Tanner Farmer, with his physical ability alone, doesn't deserve a look at game speed. We need to run an offense that gives our playmakers a chance.

me?
Yes. Your post about him is in lalaland.

tell me how. Dont just say it. Give me a legit argument. Otherwise my opinion of you will remain. That youre not a thinker at all and you just wanna spew sh#t to make yourself feel better about your opinion.

Tell me how so. Itll be fun. I promise.

It's not worth trying to educate you because you're already convinced. Anyone who takes a single throw among 49 attempts and says that's the best indicator of him as a QB is just not going to listen to reason.

Ah yes, the classic "it's not worth my time" line. Yes. you dont know. YOU sir are the one who's convinced.

Watch the game. No dont just watch the game. WATCH the game. It's not about that one play. I said he had 9 opportuniteis to step up and run for legit yardage. Maybe hit a checkdown or too. But he scrambles backwards. Takes some sack and throws one up 50 yards down the field. He is not being taught that I guarantee you. Guarantee. But he's a competitor. He wants to make big plays. And at times that's his weakness.

Bring me some legit points so we can have a discussion here. And no I dont mean some bulllshit lie like "youre picking one pass out of 49 to crititque him on".

This guy is completely right. If its 1st and 10 and we pass tommy will back up in the pocket then try to reverse roll out. Which never works. When he should be stepping up in the pocket making his next read or very least step up and out and let the d end get pushed behind you. He has 0 football IQ. 1st & 10 and he will roll back and throw the ball 50 yards when he could run and get 4-5 and get down. 3 & 10 he will make one read step up and run for 5 yards when thats the time he should try to buy time to get someone open. On his pick 6 last game he should have just took the sack but he just threw it anyway. Later on in the game when he was literally 3 yards from out of bounds and has the oppertinuity to toss the ball out of bounds he holds on to it and takes a sack. almost knocking us out of field goal range. He cant even hit one step 10-15 yard screen passes to the wr. He always stares down his target from the snap of the ball. He doesnt play for team wins he plays for himself to win and be the hero.

• Fire 1
Just pointing out that two different coaching staffs with different offensive philolsophies came to the same conclusion about Tommy Armstrong and Ryker Fyfe.

...and I will take the opportunity to point out that all Division I schools passed on giving Danny Woodhead a scholarship...and was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine...and then went undrafted by 32 teams...

...and after all of that, is in his seventh year of playing in the NFL.

So if 128 college coaches and 32 NFL coaches whiffed on Woodhead, I don't think it is a stretch that maybe two coaches didn't see something.

However, it is foolish for me to speculate on Ryke's potential when we will see it (or lack of it) for ourselves in 26 hours.

I know thats like the topic around here but to me the guys that are in there are our best players, Cavanaugh said. Theres a gap. How many NFL games do guys watch where they rotate guys just to rotate. Ive never done that. Like it or not its something we havent done or I havent done that. I think those top guys are who should be playing and are playing.

To me I have a hard time if theres separation between players, whether it is physically or mentally, I wouldnt rotate them in.

Other guys are going to grow, he said. "There are some guys that I like. Im not going to name names, but if they were ready, trust me theyd be playing, you know what I mean?"

Huh? Not sure why you threw this in this thread or called me out about substitutions. I've not said much, if anything, on the topic.

But because you raised it, Cavanaugh is extremely misguided if he thinks these kids are going to "get ready" while never touching the field. Practice is great, but it can't simulate game situations. I don't care what the NFL does; guys rotate and need to rotate in college because that's how you gain experience and prepare for when the class turnsover.

This is discussions is really related to another significant concern I have about this offense and the philosophy being instilled now: if you can't pass block, you can't play.

That's why we have guys like Wilbon, who has showed flashes of real ability as a dynamic running back, riding the pine. Because the premium put on "pass pro" keeps guys on the bench. As I've said, Ameer would have struggled to see the field in this offense.

And the same is true of certain OL men. Pass blocking is one of the most difficult tasks, mentally and physically, that you can put on an OL. It takes a ton of time in practice to work the various looks an OL may face in a given game and understand exactly how it fits together.

Run blocking on the contrary, though it can be more complicated, is less reaction based and more aggressive. A guy has to learn his assignment and go execute, not learn his assignment based on a variety of situations, read the correct situation at game speed and then execute.

I have a simple philosophy when it comes to college offense: reduce the number of "choices" or reads for a players by putting D's in a position where they have to commit to one look or another. This is true of the passing game, which is why I like option employed, as it simplifies defensive coverages usually. It's why I like run based offenses, because it makes it "easier" on the OL to know what he's doing and go out and exert his will on the opponent.

No one can tell me that guys like Tanner Farmer, with his physical ability alone, doesn't deserve a look at game speed. We need to run an offense that gives our playmakers a chance.

I heard that Tanner Farmer has stiff hips and that they're still trying to loosen him up. You can have all of the strength in the world, but if you can't rotate your body quickly as an offensive lineman you'll perform with bad technique and won't be in the right position to make a block.

Everybody chill, we got this.

I know for an absolute fact that the all time leader in career receptions for Prague High School has sketched out a play on a napkin while at Glur's Tavern in Columbus last night. This play will be given to Fyfe's girlfriend's mom and hopefully it will be passed along quickly enough to the Cornhuskers in time for them to practice it a half dozen times before the 11:00 A.M. kickoff...and yes, some of this is actually true... :wasted:waste:horns

I know thats like the topic around here but to me the guys that are in there are our best players, Cavanaugh said. Theres a gap. How many NFL games do guys watch where they rotate guys just to rotate. Ive never done that. Like it or not its something we havent done or I havent done that. I think those top guys are who should be playing and are playing.

To me I have a hard time if theres separation between players, whether it is physically or mentally, I wouldnt rotate them in.

Other guys are going to grow, he said. "There are some guys that I like. Im not going to name names, but if they were ready, trust me theyd be playing, you know what I mean?"

I have a simple philosophy when it comes to college offense: reduce the number of "choices" or reads for a players by putting D's in a position where they have to commit to one look or another. This is true of the passing game, which is why I like option employed, as it simplifies defensive coverages usually. It's why I like run based offenses, because it makes it "easier" on the OL to know what he's doing and go out and exert his will on the opponent.

I heard that Tanner Farmer has stiff hips and that they're still trying to loosen him up. You can have all of the strength in the world, but if you can't rotate your body quickly as an offensive lineman you'll perform with bad technique and won't be in the right position to make a block.

That would be surprising from a state champion wrestler, but ok...