Losing the close ones this year... 2013 - we won them

I know there's a lot of talk about coaching blunders and all that. Have we forgotten already how many bonehead mistakes the previous coach made over the years? It seems to me that we just aren't getting the breaks this year that we sometimes got in the past. Let's look at the 2013 season...

We finished the regular season 8-4

First game of the year, Wyoming gives us a scare. They scored 2 TDs in the last 6 min and had ball late - we hold and win 37-34.

Then we come to the NW game. Obviously we win on a crazy hail mary, 27-24.

Against Michigan, Ameer scores to take the lead with 2 minutes left. We hadn't scored since the 1st quarter Our defense holds, we win 17-13.

Penn St, we get a FG with 4:30 left in the game to tie it up and win in OT, 23-20

Any or all of those games could've easily turned the other way. It seems this season we're just getting all the close games to fall on the losing side. If we lost all those games, we would've finished the season 4-8. I almost wish we had, then we could've fired the previous coach because of a bad record and then the fanbase could be united around the new coach and not have as much controversy!

• Fire 1

Then again if T-Mart doesn't injure his foot the first week we most likely do better than 8-4. A frosh Tommy doesn't compare to full-speed senior T-Mart, we didn't see a running T-Mart that whole season. Hell Tommy got hurt during that season too. You can make luck arguments in both directions.

Plus you can't just chalk-up close wins or losses to luck. Those games usually still get down to making or not making plays.

• Fire 1

2012 was pretty similar as well. I asked this question in another thread. Tried to make a poll about it few nights ago but i cant figure out how. And this isnt for or against Bo or Riley. I just think it coukd be an interesting discussion.

What is closer to reality? Riley 8-0 right now or Bo 4-8 in 2012 or 2013?

2012 was pretty similar as well. I asked this question in another thread. Tried to make a poll about it few nights ago but i cant figure out how. And this isnt for or against Bo or Riley. I just think it coukd be an interesting discussion.

Neither

I know there's a lot of talk about coaching blunders and all that. Have we forgotten already how many bonehead mistakes the previous coach made over the years? It seems to me that we just aren't getting the breaks this year that we sometimes got in the past. Let's look at the 2013 season...

We finished the regular season 8-4

First game of the year, Wyoming gives us a scare. They scored 2 TDs in the last 6 min and had ball late - we hold and win 37-34.

Then we come to the NW game. Obviously we win on a crazy hail mary, 27-24.

Against Michigan, Ameer scores to take the lead with 2 minutes left. We hadn't scored since the 1st quarter Our defense holds, we win 17-13.

Penn St, we get a FG with 4:30 left in the game to tie it up and win in OT, 23-20

Any or all of those games could've easily turned the other way. It seems this season we're just getting all the close games to fall on the losing side. If we lost all those games, we would've finished the season 4-8. I almost wish we had, then we could've fired the previous coach because of a bad record and then the fanbase could be united around the new coach and not have as much controversy!

953.gif

Id say Riley being 3-5 and Bo going 8-4 is closer to reality since that is what happened.

Neither
youre wrong

As usual

Id say Riley being 3-5 and Bo going 8-4 is closer to reality since that is what happened.

youre doing it wrong too

Im not surprised the two biggest tools on the board are the fastest two to answer something that requires some thought with answers that have nothing to do with the question.

We won those close games and comebacks. Obviously our luck turned. In the future the luck will turn again.

Ah, that's how will win close games. With luck. Better stock up on lucky four leaf clovers, rabbit feet, and horse shoes.

No we will win them with better depth and players than we have now. It takes time to restock an empty cupboard.

Then again if T-Mart doesn't injure his foot the first week we most likely do better than 8-4. A frosh Tommy doesn't compare to full-speed senior T-Mart, we didn't see a running T-Mart that whole season. Hell Tommy got hurt during that season too. You can make luck arguments in both directions.

Plus you can't just chalk-up close wins or losses to luck. Those games usually still get down to making or not making plays.

Agreed. Martinez took/takes a ton of flack, but he played hurt and still has records here. Wish we could have seen him as a healthy senior.