Petition

If Riley was as nice of a guy as everyone says he is, he would resign.

would you walk away from that kind of money?

Absolutely not. But I am not a nice guy :)

Even if I was a nice guy I wouldn't walk away from the money so I don't expect him to do so.

There is also more at stake than just money.

You take 5 starters off of any team, let it lone them being the best QB, the best running back, the best all purpose guy, two starting defensive players, see what happens to any team.

No excuses, we lost, and Riley will feel the heat for it, but this crap needs to stop. Support your team, yea there are some not playing to the level you want or I want, but I think that all goes back to recruiting. I think some of the kids that get recruited are lower due to heart, not just athletic ability. I have always wondered about it, don't really know. Motor is a big statement about some kids, yet never mentioned about others.

Very hard day for all involved. Wish we would run a little bit more, but thought Fyfe made some great passes. Hit receivers in stride. He looks more like a QB than Tommy.

Stop making excuses. How can you compliment the team after we got BLOWN OUT by Purdue. How can you POSSIBLY compliment Fyfe after he single handedly lost us that game. You types of people are the reason we are in this mess because you SUPPORT this dumpster fire of a coaching staff.

10 point loss is now being blown out?

Youre f'ing joking, right? It was 42-16 at one point.
Losing by 10 to Purdue when you score 21 points in garbage time against a team running out the clock is a disgrace to bad teams. It is completely unacceptable to any football team that is trying to be relevant. How can you trail one of the worst offensive teams in football by 26 points? MR apologists should be writing speeches for politicians.
What the f#*k are you reading? The guy I quoted asked when a 10 point loss is considered a blowout and I enlightened him we were down 3+ scores at one point.

well he was agreeing with you.

it is still the responsibility of the purdue defense to stop the nebraska offense no matter how much time is left. the fact of the matter is they lost by 10 points.

TO PURDUE!

Neither.

This constant talk in year 1 does nothing to help either. If Riley gets fired, or forced out, there will be no coach worth a damn who will even think about coming here with no hint of job security. Any assistant worth a damn will say the same exact thing.

Now should there be some assistant coach shuffling? Sure. But people really need to CTFD and go enjoy Halloween.

Truth, my friend. Happy Halloween!

Don't dress up as the Huskers this year. Might not scare anybody :P

Even if I was a nice guy I wouldn't walk away from the money so I don't expect him to do so.

There is also more at stake than just money.

So.

Riley never got this heat at Oregon state...he could have seasons like this and no one would care.

Life is different with Nebraska. I cant imagine he is enjoying this that much. He probably isn't use to this, and probably doesn't want to deal with this so late in his career.

I hope he walks away.

I have no idea what your talking about? I grew up in Lincoln and now live in OR. So what! I still wouldn't walk away from the money just because a bunch of whinny poster think i should.

I choose to support this team! Coaches and players. This staff was brought in with no time to recruit. I am not happy with the wins and loses either, I will not "revolt or sign some stupid petition". All this will only make us (tne Big Red) look far worse.

Who the hell fires a coach 9 games into a season? Not everything in this world is "insant gratification"

Said the guy typing a response on the internet. Write a letter next time old timy.

Thanks...one of the few beneficial posts in this thread.

Here's what I wrote to all of them this morning:

Hello -

I am writing to let you know, as a life-long supporter of the Huskers, my concern regarding the current state of the football program. You can see for yourself what's happening on the field, I'm not going to recant it for you. My concern is we are not giving our young men a chance at a great experience during their most influential years. This applies to both players, who deserve a competent coaching staff and a generation of young fans who deserve the same pride in our state that I did(and do.) That's right, I want you to be aware how many individual's fandom you are losing in the next generation. I'm doing my best to pass it on but how can we promote the bad football that is being coached on the field? Please make changes accordingly so the football program WILL get better in the next 3 years.

Thank You for Reading.

• Fire 2

They will listen!

I got a response from Hal:

(Name Deleted) - thanks for your well-stated and thoughtful concerns, and I will share them. We are working the problem. Hal

That's better than giving some long political response telling us to be patient, and how they believe Riley will bring greatness to our program again.

They will listen!

I got a response from Hal:

(Name Deleted) - thanks for your well-stated and thoughtful concerns, and I will share them. We are working the problem. Hal

He must reply to all of these emails. That is awesome.

I'm sure he's sitting at his desk right now waiting for email so he can provide his "generic canned response"

come on people keep emailing him.