Aaron Williams

Why not in front of Gerry. I havent question Cockrell's desire. Just his ability.

As far as I'm concerned, Gerry can sit on the bench the rest of the year. Right before half, Purdue went deep and Davie had good coverage as they were going down the field and Gerry came over from his spot and hit Davie while he was on the receiver. Luckily the ball was over thrown but it was a bullsh#t move on Gerry.

Here's the play that you are talking about:

https://vine.co/v/e3igngOqiA3/embed/simple

Looks bad... like he's blocking a teammate.... but more likely just took a horrible angle and I will take this moment to point out again...... how the heck do you blame coaching for that kind of play... you can blame them for leaving him on the field.... but if the replacement is way way worse... as a coach.... I have to ask.... what do you do? Seriously.... if that is the best we got... and its not close on the depth chart... then as a coach.... how do you coach around that kind of play?

How do you not blame coaching for that type of thing? Seriously, what do you think coaches do besides cash paychecks?

You have to be trolling because nobody can be that brain dead. Coaches teach them what to do, it isn't their fault that Gerry takes a bad angle and runs into his teammate. It is up to the players to execute what they are taught. I think it is pretty safe to say that he wasn't taught to run into Williams.

First off, you can't see the whole play from that clip. I suspect they had Gerry playing to close to Davie's side, had Gerry looking at the QB, and when he saw the QB throwing, he reacted. Being in the position he was, it caused a collision.

So he very well may have done exactly what the coaches taught him to do.

Are you suggesting that Gerry did it intentionally or do you think he's just stupid?

Should starting over Gerry.

You think Gerry hit Davie on purpose?
The more I watch that play, the more I think he did. Don't want to believe it. But it's hard not to when you see him looking back at the ball and then instead of playing the recievers he puts his forearm into Davie.

Why not in front of Gerry. I havent question Cockrell's desire. Just his ability.

As far as I'm concerned, Gerry can sit on the bench the rest of the year. Right before half, Purdue went deep and Davie had good coverage as they were going down the field and Gerry came over from his spot and hit Davie while he was on the receiver. Luckily the ball was over thrown but it was a bullsh#t move on Gerry.

Looks bad... like he's blocking a teammate.... but more likely just took a horrible angle and I will take this moment to point out again...... how the heck do you blame coaching for that kind of play... you can blame them for leaving him on the field.... but if the replacement is way way worse... as a coach.... I have to ask.... what do you do? Seriously.... if that is the best we got... and its not close on the depth chart... then as a coach.... how do you coach around that kind of play?

How do you not blame coaching for that type of thing? Seriously, what do you think coaches do besides cash paychecks?

You have to be trolling because nobody can be that brain dead. Coaches teach them what to do, it isn't their fault that Gerry takes a bad angle and runs into his teammate. It is up to the players to execute what they are taught. I think it is pretty safe to say that he wasn't taught to run into Williams.

First off, you can't see the whole play from that clip. I suspect they had Gerry playing to close to Davie's side, had Gerry looking at the QB, and when he saw the QB throwing, he reacted. Being in the position he was, it caused a collision.

Are you suggesting that Gerry did it intentionally or do you think he's just stupid?

Yes and he isn't the only one that thinks that.

You have to be a dumb SOB to think that the coaches taught and coached him to run into one of his own players. That type of thinking is pure idiotic.

You have to be a dumb SOB to think that the coaches taught and coached him to run into one of his own players. That type of thinking is pure idiotic.

Gerry has been perhaps the biggest disappointment this season. He's had 3 or 4 balls thrown right at him where he could have intercepted and he just didn't make the play. He's also given up many TDs or big plays at crucial parts of the game.

Oh but you're a genius for publicly accusing Gerry of sabotaging a fellow player. :dumdum

Lol, such a ridiculous comment, not surprising considering the source but still, lol

to add to the comments on gerry, i was at the game and saw at least twice when gerry could have just easily knocked the ball down for an incolmpletion, but then instead made a poor attempt at an interception. both times, the receiver caught the ball. much like the final play of the byu game. Gerry has been a poor safety this year.

it's one thing to make a case that players should simply know better than to make certain mistakes, but when they are repeated over and over again, from game to game, and in game 9, vs a poor opponent, that's coaching.

to add to the comments on gerry, i was at the game and saw at least twice when gerry could have just easily knocked the ball down for an incolmpletion, but then instead made a poor attempt at an interception. both times, the receiver caught the ball. much like the final play of the byu game. Gerry has been a poor safety this year.

it's one thing to make a case that players should simply know better than to make certain mistakes, but when they are repeated over and over again, from game to game, and in game 9, vs a poor opponent, that's coaching.

Have you considered that he had been in a completely different defensive system for 2 years with different reads and responsibilities, he has been coached in a totally different manner for 9 months and the new responsibilities havent taken hold yet.

Sometimes it takes a while to unlearn things you have been taught, and you have to do that before you can re-learn. I would say most of the D is in this same boat.

Have you considered that he had been in a completely different defensive system for 2 years with different reads and responsibilities, he has been coached in a totally different manner for 9 months and the new responsibilities havent taken hold yet.

Sometimes it takes a while to unlearn things you have been taught, and you have to do that before you can re-learn. I would say most of the D is in this same boat.

yes i have. And it was a relevant point in say week 2. But its game 9. And when we talk about effort, focus, and desire that we see so glaringly missing on gameday, you can bet its missing in practice as well. Hence the continuos mistakes. Lack of buy in its called.

But this is why it IS on the coaches too. Cuz theyre the ones still trotting him and others out there in game 9. Its just a total shitshow all around.

• Fire 2

yes i have. And it was a relevant point in say week 2. But its game 9. And when we talk about effort, focus, and desire that we see so glaringly missing on gameday, you can bet its missing in practice as well. Hence the continuos mistakes. Lack of buy in its called.

But this is why it IS on the coaches too. Cuz theyre the ones still trotting him and others out there in game 9. Its just a total shitshow all around.

So are you saying lack of buy in is on the coaches? Or it's on the coaches for putting the players out there that aren't buying in? Honest ? Not trying to be a douche...

So are you saying lack of buy in is on the coaches? Or it's on the coaches for putting the players out there that aren't buying in? Honest ? Not trying to be a douche...

no prob. Its a question.

Its 50/50 to me. I see ppl blaming just coaching. I see ppl blaming players. What im saying is i see problems all the way around. Hence, players continually being put on the field to consistently dog it. Thats on the coaches. But wheres the peer leadership? Thats on players. At some point someone has st to stand up and say enough of the bullsh#t.

Its not ine bad part here or there. The whole machine is a massive clunker right now.

no prob. Its a question.

Its 50/50 to me. I see ppl blaming just coaching. I see ppl blaming players. What im saying is i see problems all the way around. Hence, players continually being put on the field to consistently dog it. Thats on the coaches. But wheres the peer leadership? Thats on players. At some point someone has st to stand up and say enough of the bullsh#t.

Its not ine bad part here or there. The whole machine is a massive clunker right now.

Absolutely agreed 100%, I don't think the coaches have the bench as a threat right now, weather they don't want to burn red shirts or there is really that much of a talent gap I have no clue.

Here's the problem facing Riley ..

How do you bench a captain? Riley is already looking at a mentally fragile team, and players with egos the size of mansions and talent the size of dog houses. You bench a captain, and he's only making his own personal hell that much worse.

Gerry absolutely deserves to be benched, really moreso than ANY other player on this defense. I say this knowing how much I rag on McMullen, but Gerry has taken the cake these last few weeks.

That's kind of disappointing. I mean, if there was one player we were supposed to be able to count on this year, it was Nate Gerry. Bright, bright future ahead of him; at least, I hope so still.

You start looking around and with such a want of impact talent, it's maybe no surprise that struggles have ensued. Ideally, you have impact at multiple levels of the defense -- as well as the confidence and mentality needed to hang in there. Without that swagger, nothing can be made up for. With it, a defense can compensate for a lot of other shortcomings and deliver wins.

It's something that has to change in a hurry.

Didn't you post in another thread that you observed during the game that Banker had to say "look at me" in order to get their attention in order to coach them and the players looked disinterested? How can you claim this is coaching if the players aren't accepting coaching? That kind of player behaviour is inexcusable considering they aren't even playing to the same level as OSU under Banker. This sounds like a case of players missing their BoBo and considering Gerry dissed Banker's D at B1G media days this piss poor attitude has been there for a while. If it sounds like I'm calling out the players, I am.