We are officially the Kansas of the Big 10!

if we were KS atleast we would have basketball to look forward to. but since we suck at basketball, well at least our mens bowling team is good.

I'm not sure how to break this to ya, but.. Nebraska doesn't have men's bowling.

[/quote

I dont know how to break this to you, but I was being facetious......that was the pont.

We're Texas. :(

I wish...at least Texas beat Oklahoma...why lost to Purdue! Again, Purdue!

...and got blanked by Iowa State. This is Charlie Strong's second year, too. And I'm sure he inherited a fuller roster from Mack Brown, or at least, what should have been.

I can't believe we lost to Purdue either, but under a backup QB, it's at least a little understandable. QB depth Bo left ... many concerns that it was bleak. Today didn't show much different. Think they're getting as much as they can from Fyfe, but it was a yikes kind of game.

We're Texas. :(

I wish...at least Texas beat Oklahoma...why lost to Purdue! Again, Purdue!

...and got blanked by Iowa State. This is Charlie Strong's second year, too. And I'm sure he inherited a fuller roster from Mack Brown, or at least, what should have been.

I can't believe we lost to Purdue either, but under a backup QB, it's at least a little understandable. QB depth Bo left ... many concerns that it was bleak. Today didn't show much different. Think they're getting as much as they can from Fyfe, but it was a yikes kind of game.

Fyfe? What about the defense? 55 points, man!

Hey man, I don't need to be reminded about the defense. Below the belt :(

It's true that the defense folded, especially in the 2nd half. But chew on this -- Purdue had the following four touchdown drives:

16 yards

22 yards

19 yards

6 yards

Maybe a full strength Husker team, or a Husker team with more reserves and familiarity with schemes, etc, can fight back from that. Or not even find themselves in that position. Not in this universe, though.

• Fire 1

It's true that the defense folded, especially in the 2nd half. But chew on this -- Purdue had the following four touchdown drives:

16 yards

22 yards

19 yards

6 yards

Maybe a full strength Husker team, or a Husker team with more reserves and familiarity with schemes, etc, can fight back from that. Or not even find themselves in that position. Not in this universe, though.

Yes, Purdue had 4 scoring drives under 25 yds, but they finished with over 450 yds ! That's saying something !

Yeah, they had an absurd 83-yard pass or something like that to top it off. And the QB run. And the several long, "answer-the-bell" drives in the 2nd half to keep staving off Husker rally attempts.

Not to mention, it's a different game if the defense comes up with a stop in a couple of those short drives and forces a FG. 25 yards doesn't mean an automatic touchdown -- they had to earn them.

By no means was it a good day for Nebraska's defense.

Hey man, I don't need to be reminded about the defense. Below the belt :(It's true that the defense folded, especially in the 2nd half. But chew on this -- Purdue had the following four touchdown drives:16 yards22 yards19 yards6 yardsMaybe a full strength Husker team, or a Husker team with more reserves and familiarity with schemes, etc, can fight back from that. Or not even find themselves in that position. Not in this universe, though.

Fire everyone.

Yes, this was a bad loss, and under Bo, I think we would have won. Was MR the right choice? I'm not sure, but we do know he is taking a team with a barely filled cupboard, and Ryker had quite a few turnovers, not all were his fault.

16 yards

22 yards

19 yards

6 yards

They scored TD's on each one? Each one?

8 TD's on the day... Seems like a problem to me.

I am sorry but I do not agree with those that say we do not have talent. I feel that we have plenty of weapons but this coaching staff is clueless. For example, where the hell is Jano? Why not utilize him? What about Ozigbo. He seems to be pumped up and wanting to contribute. Also, what the hell does fyfe call those side throws! He had many ill-conceived throws. Are we even practicing? We lost to BYU by their second string QB. Why don't we have a decent QB. Yeah, yeah, we blame Bo for that. Look, I will never defend Bo. I know he had time to turn things around but his loyalty to his staff cost him and us dearly. However, the new coaching staff has not corrected one thing since they came to Lincoln. NOT ONE THING! Let me summarize here for those who choose to ignore the facts:

We lost to Purdue. A team that Minnesota dominated.

We lost to Illinois. A team that Penn State crushed and held scoreless.

If anyone tells me that these two teams have more talent than we do, then we are not watching the same football. Also, for those who say we do not have talent...I say bullcrap. Westerkamp, Riley, Pierson Al, Tommy, Maliek, Valentine, Gangwish, etc...We do have talent. It just takes the right coach to get results.

One more note for those who think our losses are on the players and not the incompetent clowns we have as coaches. Urban Meyer went undefeated in his first year as head coach with a team that had a losing record the previous year, with the same exact talent. He lost 3 games total in three years. He is winning coach. We have a clown with his incompetent staff robbing the state of Nebraska blind while we are being asked to be patient and give him more time. He is a couple of years from retirement, how long are we supposed to finance his retirement fund before we are to expect some real coaching to happen? The decent thing for him to do is admit him and his staff are not the right people for the job and move to an FCS team, if they are as dumb as Eichorst to take them.

16 yards

22 yards

19 yards

6 yards

All those short drives, and still gave up 457 yards.....