NOT saying next Kenny Bell but Louisiana All State WR can play

I don't want to be a jerk, but if NU actually recruited and got a commitment from a kid like this, people would be saying "why are we recruiting this kid?" He looks like a decent player, but he is probably more suited for McNeese State or UL-Lafayette or another area school in Louisiana.

Here are the kid's Rivals and Scout profiles:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trevor-Begue-167316

http://www.scout.com/player/193938-trevor-begue/recruiting?year=2015&s=73

The kid has no rating on Rivals and a 2-star on Scout. I know star ratings aren't everything, but they are a tool to analyze prospective recruits. HUDL videos are nice, but they are also a players "highlights". They aren't done to make the kid look bad.

I am sure the grandfather is proud of his grandson, and he should be. But, I don't think it's fair to blow smoke up his butt and say "Nebraska should be recruiting him".

I think you missed the recent break down of our players who started at Purdue. I think we started 6 former walk-ons? Most didn't even have a ranking out of high school. Looks like that's good enough to play here. Kid has a lot of talent, no one is blowing smoke anywhere.

I don't want to be a jerk, but if NU actually recruited and got a commitment from a kid like this, people would be saying "why are we recruiting this kid?" He looks like a decent player, but he is probably more suited for McNeese State or UL-Lafayette or another area school in Louisiana.

The kid has no rating on Rivals and a 2-star on Scout. I know star ratings aren't everything, but they are a tool to analyze prospective recruits. HUDL videos are nice, but they are also a players "highlights". They aren't done to make the kid look bad.

I am sure the grandfather is proud of his grandson, and he should be. But, I don't think it's fair to blow smoke up his butt and say "Nebraska should be recruiting him".

I think you missed the recent break down of our players who started at Purdue. I think we started 6 former walk-ons? Most didn't even have a ranking out of high school. Looks like that's good enough to play here. Kid has a lot of talent, no one is blowing smoke anywhere.

yes and look what that got us. That's no justification for recruiting below what we are capable of.

I'm not sure what your point is. NU shouldn't be starting 6 former walk-ons. That means the program has completely whiffed on recruiting and development.

If you think recruiting a team full of 2-stars is "good enough" at Nebraska, then get ready for continued mediocrity.

I'm not sure what your point is. NU shouldn't be starting 6 former walk-ons. That means the program has completely whiffed on recruiting and development.

If you think recruiting a team full of 2-stars is "good enough" at Nebraska, then get ready for continued mediocrity.

Didn't say it was good enough.

Also, just saying, no one told this guy to throw his grandson a scholarship. He was told to contact the coaches and see if a walk-on spot was open. Ya'll need some chill. Kid is a great talent and wouldn't mind him here.

We can let the coaches decide who they want to recruit. No reason to try and talk someone down because of stars and rankings. Look at what Michigan St built over the last 8 years with Dantonio. He started with under-recruited but talented players, coached them up in his system, and produced a winning program. They are of course now at the point where the have more options to evaluate. Nebraska is in a rebuilt, simple as that. To be successful, the coaches will need to be tremendous recruiters to find undiscovered talent, and even though we do not have a say, I am thankful that someone like knee knocker, a grandparent of a recruit interested in Nebraska, is willing to come on here and share his first-hand experiences.

Personally, I think this WR looks every bit the part to play as a slot WR in MR's system, but again, it's up to the coaches.

• Fire 3

Sorry if I mistook the intention of the OP. It looked like he is reaching out for a potential scholarship offer to NU. If that happens, great for the kid. If NU likes him as a walk-on candidate, that's good for NU, and good for the kid, but I understand how expensive a college education is right now.

Ban ColoradoHusk!

I appreciate all the comments both good and bad. My goal posting on Huskerboard was to get my grandsons name Trevor Begue on Nebraska Radar. He currently has 5 full ride offers and is committed to Mcneese St in La. I have contacted the coaches office and emailed hudl tape to Coach Keith Williams WR coach formerly with Tulane green wave down here in Louisiana. If coach williams has a chance to look at tape and feels he's not good enough then He's not good enough it's just that simple.As far as high school ratings are concerned I find them to be BULL*+^%. For the last Super Bowl between Seattle and New England both **starting** teams had an average star rating of 2.4. Neither team had a 5 Star athlete on field and there were only (4) 4 star starters combined from both teams. kinda makes you wonder about how many 🌟🌟 a kid has next to there name. Good luck huskernation , ❤️ To meet you all one day. Gramps

I appreciate all the comments both good and bad. My goal posting on Huskerboard was to get my grandsons name Trevor Begue on Nebraska Radar. He currently has 5 full ride offers and is committed to Mcneese St in La. I have contacted the coaches office and emailed hudl tape to Coach Keith Williams WR coach formerly with Tulane green wave down here in Louisiana. If coach williams has a chance to look at tape and feels he's not good enough then He's not good enough it's just that simple.As far as high school ratings are concerned I find them to be BULL*+^%. For the last Super Bowl between Seattle and New England both **starting** teams had an average star rating of 2.4. Neither team had a 5 Star athlete on field and there were only (4) 4 star starters combined from both teams. kinda makes you wonder about how many :star :star a kid has next to there name. Good luck huskernation , ❤️ To meet you all one day. Gramps

I will take a talented player with a lot of ❤️ over one with a lot of :starevery day that ends in "y".

I appreciate all the comments both good and bad. My goal posting on Huskerboard was to get my grandsons name Trevor Begue on Nebraska Radar. He currently has 5 full ride offers and is committed to Mcneese St in La. I have contacted the coaches office and emailed hudl tape to Coach Keith Williams WR coach formerly with Tulane green wave down here in Louisiana. If coach williams has a chance to look at tape and feels he's not good enough then He's not good enough it's just that simple.As far as high school ratings are concerned I find them to be BULL*+^%. For the last Super Bowl between Seattle and New England both **starting** teams had an average star rating of 2.4. Neither team had a 5 Star athlete on field and there were only (4) 4 star starters combined from both teams. kinda makes you wonder about how many a kid has next to there name. Good luck huskernation , ❤️ To meet you all one day. Gramps

Hope it works out favorably for everyone. If he wants to be here and has the stuff to play here I'd love to have him here. If it doesn't work out here, I'm glad he's secured a full ride. I'm sure he makes you proud both on and off the field. Keep us up to date.

I appreciate all the comments both good and bad. My goal posting on Huskerboard was to get my grandsons name Trevor Begue on Nebraska Radar. He currently has 5 full ride offers and is committed to Mcneese St in La. I have contacted the coaches office and emailed hudl tape to Coach Keith Williams WR coach formerly with Tulane green wave down here in Louisiana. If coach williams has a chance to look at tape and feels he's not good enough then He's not good enough it's just that simple.As far as high school ratings are concerned I find them to be BULL*+^%. For the last Super Bowl between Seattle and New England both **starting** teams had an average star rating of 2.4. Neither team had a 5 Star athlete on field and there were only (4) 4 star starters combined from both teams. kinda makes you wonder about how many a kid has next to there name. Good luck huskernation , ❤️ To meet you all one day. Gramps

I hope things work out in your grandsons favor. Stars are overrated, but the schools that continually compete for championships are the ones that recruit and get top level talent. The Pats and Seahawks both have something Nebraska seems to be lacking... great coaching. I hope Trevor gets that D1 offer you and he are coveting. Where this program stands, McNeese State could be a more enjoyable and profitable opportunity for your grandson. Best of luck to the both of you.

I hope things work out in your grandsons favor. Stars are overrated, but the schools that continually compete for championships are the ones that recruit and get top level talent. The Pats and Seahawks both have something Nebraska seems to be lacking... great coaching. I hope Trevor gets that D1 offer you and he are coveting. Where this program stands, McNeese State could be a more enjoyable and profitable opportunity for your grandson. Best of luck to the both of you.

Waldo, congratulations! You got full-ride athletic scholarships to attend and play for Nebraska and McNeese St. Now, tell us which do YOU choose?

Waldo, congratulations! You got full-ride athletic scholarships to attend and play for Nebraska and McNeese St. Now, tell us which do YOU choose?
No, I have one to McNeese St, so it looks like I'm going there as of now.

No, I have one to McNeese St, so it looks like I'm going there as of now.
Why lie on the Internet? And if your are going to lie, lie big. Something like, "I am too good for either program since I am going to Stanford".

Anyway, it sounds like while Trevor Begue has a scholarship and is committed to McNeese St, he sees the :bigredn: as an opportunity he would like to have. Glad to hear it! Wish the best for him.