Volkswagen and Nebraska Football

BIG ERN

Bump. Are you still trying to find a player that didn't improve?

Kyler Reed?

One hell of a lot of O linemen.

Jonny Stanton

Jamal Turner

Drew Brown

Mauro Bondi

David Santos

Josh Banderas

Matt Finnen

Jake Cotton

Alonzo Moore

Greg McMullen

just from a quick run down of last year's roster.

First, Jamal Turner? Injuries maybe had just a little bit of a factor there

As for the rest, with the exception of Moore the guys on that list that are still here have actually regressed under MR

Kyler Reed?

Jonny Stanton

Jamal Turner

Drew Brown

Mauro Bondi

David Santos

Josh Banderas

Matt Finnen

Jake Cotton

Alonzo Moore

Greg McMullen

Kyler Reed?

Jonny Stanton

Jamal Turner

Drew Brown

Mauro Bondi

David Santos

Josh Banderas

Matt Finnen

Jake Cotton

Alonzo Moore

Greg McMullen

Sometimes you have to come out of lurkdom to say WTF? I'm probably going to look like an idiot, I'm sure you were talkin about players who didn't get any better this year and are in fact, worse.

Just in case You are trying to tell us about people who didn't improve under Bo I will debate the easiest ones. Let's start with the fact that Jamal Turner took a medical redshirt last year and didn't play much at all and has been hampered by injuries what feels like constantly. Then we'll move on to the fact that Drew Brown was a freshman last season who made 59 PATS in a row which is the 3rd most in school history which is pretty good. Sometimes a great high school qb isn't going to be a great college qb. I remember when everyone here wanted Johnny Stanton to be the starter over Tommy and then expected him to be when old MR came to town, we all know that MR recruited the sh#t out of JS but Bo beat him. Bo, the worst recruiter in the world, according to the board. Anywho. He transferred after working out all spring with the qb profit MR and Nebraska's favorite son since Matt Turman was still better than him(you know, Old man Fyfe. It could be that Bo's suck rubbed off on him and that's why he couldn't improve, but the world will never know.

So awesome. I wish Pelini had never stepped a foot into this program.

The more people in the know that come forward and call out that piece of sh#t, the better.

It obviously needs to be acknowledged more when you see so many people that seem to just ignore it.

Thank you Mr. Pettit for having the guts to speak the truth.

I said it when he was fired. Was pretty roasted for it. Mainly cuz I compared him to Callahan and Pedersen. And I stick with it.

Riley or not. Bo fist f'd this program more than Pedersen and Callahan ever dreamed.

When it's all said and done, this 3-9 season will be good for the program in the long run. It'll be a nice bold reset of perspective and fundamentals. A cut and dried reason for Riley and crew to put their foot down on the program. I truly believe it's basically just become about getting throught the season while implementing some of their concepts. As far as the fanbase goes, it'll be good for that as well. We will truely find out who the real passionate fans are and who are the coattail nippers who were just along for the ride hoping to get a taste of that 30 year run, and get all pissy and bitter when it doesnt go their way.

The revisionist recollection, hypocrisy, and overreaction i see anymore makes me wanna straight up puke. I seriously didnt know it was possible for a Nebraska "fan" to know this little about football and all the things beyond X's and O's that make a program successful. This program needs a few 3-9 seasons. yes. more than one. Some of us jackass fans need humbled. In a very bad way.

"3-9 is good for the program"

How about the current players?

I truly can't believe how deluded some have become.

Yes in the long run it may very well be. It could purgue illogical, derailing, and hypocritical jackasses like you from our midst. Then we can get back to good things.

Nothing. I mean nothing you have said or done here has been productive in any way. Not to mention there are so many holes in your thoughts and facts that I cant even keep track of.

Now. Youre not the only one. There are many like you. A really bad season or two could be good in my opinion. Bottom out. Reset the program. End the sellout streak. And get a guy-whether it still be Riley or someone else-who can come in with zero pressure, and zero obligation to worry about our past. Zero pressure from jackass fans and media who are so caught up with history that they think things never change or shouldnt change. Allow us to get with the program. Embrace our history, but not try to live in it.

Did you want Solich fired in '03?

And what you describe would kill the husker program. Not everyone has a herbie hard on. Most fans would walk away and not come back after consecutive 3-9 seasons. What would NU be left with other than being another Kansas?

Yes. I did. I was ready to try something new. We were trending downwards. Sure. 2003 was a step back up, RECORD WISE. But 41-24, 31-7, and 38-9 says we were still trending down. I wanted to go a different direction. Now. This narrative has changed over the years. Looking back knowing what I know about football now, its probably somethings that shouldntve happened. Frank did what he needed to after just one measly bad year.

Kill the program? How so? This is what I mean. We are so caught up with maintaining this level of relevance that we're tearing ourselves apart at the first sight of failure in wanting to go another direction, in trying to take the next step. Jesus Kriest. Look at the CFB poll. Clemson is number 1. Temple, Baylor, TCU, Utah. For sh#t's sake. How do you "kill" a program. It's not like we're this almighty relevant program anyway. We havent been relevant, and not mediocre for over a decade. Give me a break. What are we killing? The sellout streak. That's all it comes down to. Let it end. let's play football again. Lets get a guy-or keep the guy-with a vision and ideals to make us great again. But you have to be willing to take the risk to be great. youre 70% theory is just a copout. it's chickining away from the true challenge.

And as far as fans walking away and not coming back?......Good. Like I said....

As far as the fanbase goes, it'll be good for that as well. We will truely find out who the real passionate fans are and who are the coattail nippers who were just along for the ride hoping to get a taste of that 30 year run, and get all pissy and bitter when it doesnt go their way.

Let em go. Lifes better without them.

So,..what you are basically saying is:

"Our crowd. What a bunch of fu*king fair-weather fu*king...they can all kiss my ass. Fu*k you, fans. Fu*k all of you. Fu*k 'em."

I've been thinking this same thing. All the holier than thou Riley supporters are saying f#*k the fans, when they excoriated Bo for saying the same thing.

• Fire 1