Biggest win since...?

So if Nebraska beats MSU on Saturday I would say it would be bigger than any win during the Pelini era and the Callahan era. So that means it would be the biggest since when? When we beat Tennessee with Solich? Is there a big game we won that I'm missing? What say you?

It would be right on par with when we beat #9 MSU in 2011 and #7 Mizzou in 2010.

• Fire 5

It would be the biggest upset in, like, forever. How many times have we beat an undefeated top-ten team when we weren't ranked ourselves? Not many, I'd guess. And the last time we had a win-loss record like this was before the Devaney era.

It would be the biggest upset in, like, forever. How many times have we beat an undefeated top-ten team when we weren't ranked ourselves? Not many, I'd guess. And the last time we had a win-loss record like this was before the Devaney era.

I'm not sure it's ever happened, based on a quick review. Mostly because NU has almost always been ranked, and playing a top 10 opponent is fairly rare.

The last time an unranked Nebraska team beat a team in the Top 10 is 1960. The Bill Jenning's Nebraska Cornhuskers beat #4 Texas 14-13 in Austin.

I think this could be the only comparable option since Nebraska is unranked now.

FWIW after that game, Nebraska rose to 12th and proceeded to lose to Minnesota in Lincoln 14-26.

Probably a good comparison, hskrfan4life.

I would say this would be the biggest upset in a very long time, at least in terms of perceived separation (though apparently vegas and some prognosticators don't see the gap... and frankly, neither do I when it comes to talent).

But from a record perspective, this would be a huge upset.

It would also likely have about as much impact on the program as the Jenning's upset of Texas.

I concur with the #9 MSU 2011 and #7 Missouri 2010...However, I did not feel like Missouri was a "real" top 10 team that year...This Michigan State team could very well win the conference and get into the College Football Playoffs. A Nebraska win, given the turmoil of the program, would be epic proportions. Probably as big as Oklahoma 2001, but in a different sense.

A Win vs MSU this weekend and suddenly there is glimpse of hope we may even win out and go bowling...

I've been saying Sparty is overrated all year, and while them getting healthier and coming off a bye may make them the most dangerous they've been all year, this is still a team whose performances don't coincide with their record or public image. If they lose this game, maybe they become known as the team that failed late season. They do still have OSU and an improving PSU. They're not in the playoffs, yet. Lots could change about how we ultimately perceive this 2015 MSU team.

However, I do agree it will be an important game, at least to the immediacy of the Mike Riley tenure.