Star Wars: Battlefront

Played today for a few hours and again I'm back to not hitting a damn thing. Looks like I'm going back to BF4 or just done gaming till the gaming industry get their sh#t together

I don't have an issue with aim and I used default settings. I have a better KD than I do with BF4. Do you actually hit R2 and aim, or just spray and pray?

Played today for a few hours and again I'm back to not hitting a damn thing. Looks like I'm going back to BF4 or just done gaming till the gaming industry get their sh#t together

I don't have an issue with aim and I used default settings. I have a better KD than I do with BF4. Do you actually hit R2 and aim, or just spray and pray?

I hit R2 and aim or I hit the L2 to aim and then pull the trigger but mostly just hit R2 while aiming. I've save some clips on my PS4 on what I'm dealing with and I'm not the only person. I don't know if its because there are players in that same server from Europe, Australia, Brazil, etc and why its screwing sh#t up.

Hit detection is a huge issue in this game on all platforms and from my understanding is that the game play was better in the beta but took a 360 in the finally retail version.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/9183/bad-hit-detection

The biggest complaint I'm seeing so far, from an overall standpoint, is replayability. A lot of people are saying it gets old fast. Scripted events occur at the same pace all the time, there's very little customization, the weapon unlocks aren't staggered very well and there's no story behind the map rotations.

I was really hopeful for this game, and I've heard/read from multiple sources that it's just beautiful, but I don't think I'm going to buy it until a sale. Or, if some future DLC make replayability better.

My attention span with games is already pretty low - I can't see myself putting more than 50-60 hours in, and for a massively multiplayer FPS, that's not very good.

I wish there was an actual campaign. I might pony up and try playing the games I have online this one included as I think that's where this game really thrives. Apparently they are/will be releasing DLC's for this game so that makes this purchase a little more frustrating.

Oh well. SWB has so much potential. Maybe I will feel differently if I try it online.

I wish there was an actual campaign. I might pony up and try playing the games I have online this one included as I think that's where this game really thrives. Apparently they are/will be releasing DLC's for this game so that makes this purchase a little more frustrating.

Oh well. SWB has so much potential. Maybe I will feel differently if I try it online.

I think this just solidifies that I probably won't be getting it. My last two full price game purchases were The Wild Hunt and Arkham Knight. I got a couple hundred hours out of Wild Hunt and more than 100 out of Arkham Knight. Battlefront just seems like it won't hold my attention for long.

The PvP in this is bad...

They put 20+ people on a tiny map, which is a sh*tshow. First time I ever played with a friend of mine, I spawned in and died with in a few seconds half a dozen times. I had the blaster that looked like the MG 42 and I was consistently getting owned by guys with pistols.

This game sucks sooooo bad, I'm almost considering getting NHL 16 back, and that's f*cking atrocious...

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I caved and bought Battlefront. Fortunately, because I had a rewards card that a friend didn't want for Origin, and a special on the game from greenmangaming.com, I only had to spend $10 on it.

My initials thoughts are wow: a ton of fun. After playing for a few hours and figuring out what kind of weapon/play style suit me best, I was getting 2:1 and sometimes even 4:1 KDR's as well as helping a lot on the objectives. The game itself is beautiful, I haven't noticed many bugs and the variety of game modes have helped keep me entertained. But, I've noticed that a lot of game modes don't have people playing them (specifically on PC). I'll end up having to start a queue and sit in there as the only person for several minutes before just backing out out of boredom.

My biggest complaint about five hours into playing is customization and the knowledge that there isn't much else even when I do rank up. Characters are all pretty much the same except being able to change the head. Weapons, obviously, can't be customized and outfits can't really either. I understand wanting to keep things true to the movies, but I feel/look like just another player out there with no personality.

Otherwise, though, really loving it. I'll have to check in in a few weeks and see what mood is like then.