Pelini goes off on officials in YSU vs NDSU game, drawing 2 unsportsmanlike penalties

huskerfan711

I guess I'm one of the only ones that doesn't have a problem. It was a terrible call, and I love Bo's passion. It gets me fired up (at least when he represented NU).

(But yes, he did go a little over board in this case).

his passion wasn't helping his team. he was more concerned about ripping the refs a new one to worry about his team. his passion was hurting his team. 4th and 36 from his own goaline thanks to the penalties when they had decent field position and 40 seconds to try to get to FG range before his penalties. and look at the pictures. the defender was holding the wr. it was a good call that Bo was so passionate about.

^

Bad calls or call that could go either way happen all the time brah. You still can't react by losing your mind on television and on the refs especially when you have a reputation for doing so.

Those 2 penalties he somehow amassed may have also cost his team their chance to get back into scoring position. In other words he (Pelini) helped seal his own teams fate...

That didn't take long...

Bo Pelini draws two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in final minute of Youngstown State loss

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/bo-pelini-draws-two-unsportsmanlike-conduct-penalties-in-final-minute/article_a18a6a3e-8b22-11e5-b3ee-1f246cc1deb1.html?mode=jqm

Fifteen seconds later, after a pair of YSU incompletions, Penguin QB Hunter Wells was sacked for an 8-yard loss, resulting in 4th and 33 at the YSU 7 with 11 seconds remaining. According to the TV broadcast, the Penguins coach then drew a second flag for unsportsmanlike conduct, giving his team 4th and 36 from their own 4-yard line.

"I've never seen anything like this in my life," said one commentator.

"Nebraska fans have," replied his broadcast partner, referencing various unsportsmanlike conduct penalties received during Pelini's 7-year tenure as coach of the Huskers.

• Fire 1

After looking at the photo it makes sense why the ref behind the play called PI.

[sarcasm alert]But I could see Bo's point to. No team could possibly be expected to throw the ball 3 times, score, and beat a top ranked team at home after getting down in the last minutes of the game. And even though there's been some miraculous win about once a week around the country it's better to give up and blame the loss on someone else. [/sarcasm]

The refs are like coaches. They know each other and as a minimum, all of them will probably see this and make note of it. If I was a ref, at the start of the game I would politely tell Bo if he comes within 5 ft of me during a game I'll throw him out. Who needs another mans spit on them while they're trying to do their job. I doubt he ever gets any benefit of the doubt.

After looking at the photo it makes sense why the ref behind the play called PI.

[sarcasm alert]But I could see Bo's point to. No team could possibly be expected to throw the ball 3 times, score, and beat a top ranked team at home after getting down in the last minutes of the game. And even though there's been some miraculous win about once a week around the country it's better to give up and blame the loss on someone else. [/sarcasm]

The refs are like coaches. They know each other and as a minimum, all of them will probably see this and make note of it. If I was a ref, at the start of the game I would politely tell Bo if he comes within 5 ft of me during a game I'll throw him out. Who needs another mans spit on them while they're trying to do their job. I doubt he ever gets any benefit of the doubt.

there is a lot of truth to that statement. as long as Bo is demonizing the refs they will at some point throw his crap right back at him. the crap they throw back is yellow hankies instead of a steady stream of oral diarrhea...but it will come back at him.

so much for another school hiring him and reducing our payouts to him. he took over a playoff team from last year and will miss their playoffs this year. and his 9 wins per year is doomed as the most he can possibly win this year is now 6.

Youngstown absolutely did not make the playoffs last year and the coach was fired for never taking YSU there. No Pelini did not inherit a bare cupboard, but he has yet to really regress the program. They may win next week and finish 6-5, leaving them one win short of the playoffs, which would be exactly where the team was last year. That vaunted 9 wins per year also included 13 and 14 game schedules, not 11 like YSU has this year.