Riley Wealth Management Group

The offensive line may be better next year. In fact, likely will be. We have some dead weight graduating and some coachable talent coming up.

But why didn't we see these up and coming talent play this year? Cav selected his guys to start and stood by them the entire year. The only change he did make was put Sterup at guard at the end of the year.

Our quarterbacks aren't suitable for any system, at the FBS level at least.

The previous regime's TA had just as many turnovers. It just happened to be the beneficiary of a few more 50/50 balls in double/triple coverage. Well that finally caught up with him.

The defense on the other hand, has improved dramatically. It didn't come instantly, but over the course of the season, with the same personnel, this defense can actually stop a Big 10 running attack, and the cornerbacks have begun to adapt to the system as well.

We have far more play makers on offense than anyone else in the west division (I know, not saying much). This offense has the potential to be very good, because it is designed to get the ball to those guys, not depend on a QB to make all the plays. All you need is a QB who can see more than one receiver across the field, and make a 'high percentage' pass. Iowa's Beathard would suffice, but I think we still have enough recruit appeal, we can do better.

Oh, and I don't have to see that embarrassing #@% on the sideline any longer, bringing Nebraska headlines for all the wrong reasons.

lol

The offensive line may be better next year. In fact, likely will be. We have some dead weight graduating and some coachable talent coming up.

But why didn't we see these up and coming talent play this year? Cav selected his guys to start and stood by them the entire year. The only change he did make was put Sterup at guard at the end of the year.

And that worked out pretty well didn't it. Another off season in the weightroom and a little more coaching and they will be ready to take over.

And that worked out pretty well didn't it. Another off season in the weightroom and a little more coaching and they will be ready to take over.

Isn't he gone though?

Also...what are they going to do differently in the weight room?

Isn't he gone though?

Continue to get stronger and work on their bodies so they are not tubs of goo like the last S&C staff put out.

Isn't he gone though?

Continue to get stronger and work on their bodies so they are not tubs of goo like the last S&C staff put out.

I gotta ask...

The last staff had horrible coaches (correct)

They had horrible players (Correct)

And they were tubs of goo (Correct)

How did they win games?

• Fire 1

I'm glad to see we've taken to fan fiction writing; it's a healthy outlet.

Bury your head deeper in the sand... you'll feel safer there.

As opposed to what? Suggesting Mike Riley turned down offers through out the years to USC and Alabama in some plot to pad his pockets when the perfect team came along? Again, fan fiction.
  • Fire 1

As opposed to what? Suggesting Mike Riley turned down offers through out the years to USC and Alabama in some plot to pad his pockets when the perfect team came along? Again, fan fiction.

Riley's record the last five years before he came to Nebraska was: 29 wins - 33 losses. And he had 3 losing seasons in his last 5 years there. And he did that with his own recruits.

So what does Nebraska do? They hire him to be our head coach, double his salary to 2.7 - 3 million a year and give him a way too long contract.

What do we get in return? A losing season and a years worth of fourth and 1 on the 19 with the game on the line... and game mismanagement.

Burry your head back in the sand but try going a little deeper this time. You will feel safer in the dark.

unfortunately, what has happened is obvious to most, you have to sh#t-can SE first, can't blame MR for going past go and collecting his check.........it's a bitch being poor in retirement. i just wish him an early retirement now. i would feel a little better about the future if he would just come out and say, "we (the coaches) f'd up and made some bad calls"......that would be a start...not happening, so MOTS next season......and Tommie keeps throwing off his back foot........f#*k!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!!!..........go Stanford!

unfortunately, what has happened is obvious to most, you have to sh#t-can SE first, can't blame MR for going past go and collecting his check.........it's a bitch being poor in retirement. i just wish him an early retirement now. i would feel a little better about the future if he would just come out and say, "we (the coaches) f'd up and made some bad calls"......that would be a start...not happening, so MOTS next season......and Tommie keeps throwing off his back foot........f#*k!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!!!..........go Stanford!

Tommie? As in Tommie Frazier? His eligibility ran out a long time ago.

Riley's record the last five years before he came to Nebraska was: 29 wins - 33 losses. And he had 3 losing seasons in his last 5 years there. And he did that with his own recruits.

So what does Nebraska do? They hire him to be our head coach, double his salary to 2.7 - 3 million a year and give him a way too long contract.

What do we get in return? A losing season and a years worth of fourth and 1 on the 19 with the game on the line... and game mismanagement.

Burry your head back in the sand but try going a little deeper this time. You will feel safer in the dark.

Again none of the above supports the ridiculous claim this was a money grab by Riley. You seem to be confusing justification of a questionable hire for actually countering my point.
  • Fire 1