The 10 plays that defined the 2015 college football season

I found it interesting and somewhat encouraging that we were mentioned as number 10 for the BYU hail mary. He mentions that if that play had gone our way, you never know what kind of momentum we could have gained. It shows that we are still somewhat relevant since we they bothered to use a play that affected a 5-7 team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14323710/the-10-plays-defined-2015-college-football-season

In that Arkansas/Ole Miss game.

The fact that the ball bounced straight into Alex Collins' hands after it hit the ground is freaking crazy. I don't think I've seen a more crazy play. Hail Mary's are one thing but throwing up a prayer BACKWARDS like that and having the outcome it did. It just makes me shake my head and wonder what the heck did Alabama fans do to deserve that kind of luck to preserve Bama's shot at playing for an SEC title and ultimately a national title.

They freaking kill each other in Bama for saying "It's just a game…"

I've always been the kind of guy that (in my belief of God existing) that everything happens for a reason and yet I've always believed that God stays away from meddling in sports outcomes….but this one….has be completely baffled. I am totally gunna ask Him about it after I die.

(Please don't turn this into a religious thing, just stating that stuff to further my point of shear bewilderment)

2. THINK OF ALL the bounces, literal and otherwise, that had to go Michigan State's way on the last play of Michigan game. With :09 to play, and the Wolverines leading 23-21, Jim Harbaugh had to decide to punt from the Spartan 47. Michigan punter Blake O'Neill had to mishandle the snap and then not have the presence of mind to fall on the ball and minimize the damage. O'Neill had to try to kick it, and the ball had to bounce easily to Jalen Watts-Jackson, who had to have a convoy of Spartans in front of him, including a block by Jermaine Edmondson to take out Michigan corner Wayne Lyons inside the Michigan 10. Without all of that, all Michigan State's amazing victory over Ohio State does is slow down the Buckeyes on their way to the Big Ten Championship Game.

This was the wildest play I saw this season. They'll be showing replays of that for years to come. Sparty lived under a lucky star this year. Well, except when they came to Lincoln. :lol:

I'm also convinced that Sean McDonough and the Fox Sports guy (That did the 2012 NU/Wisc CCG) are always the ones that get the crazy plays. If we have them as announcers. Crazy stuff is going to happen.

Gus Johnson? I love the Gusgasms!!!

Haha! Yea that guy! Those two are my favorite announcers to listen to during a game but gosh dangit. It seems like trouble follows them every time.

McDonough was the one that did the BYU hail mary, the VaTech "hail mary" in 2009. He did the Michigan/MSU game this year. Those are just the ones I know off the top of my head.

2. THINK OF ALL the bounces, literal and otherwise, that had to go Michigan State's way on the last play of Michigan game. With :09 to play, and the Wolverines leading 23-21, Jim Harbaugh had to decide to punt from the Spartan 47. Michigan punter Blake O'Neill had to mishandle the snap and then not have the presence of mind to fall on the ball and minimize the damage. O'Neill had to try to kick it, and the ball had to bounce easily to Jalen Watts-Jackson, who had to have a convoy of Spartans in front of him, including a block by Jermaine Edmondson to take out Michigan corner Wayne Lyons inside the Michigan 10. Without all of that, all Michigan State's amazing victory over Ohio State does is slow down the Buckeyes on their way to the Big Ten Championship Game.

This was the wildest play I saw this season. They'll be showing replays of that for years to come. Sparty lived under a lucky star this year. Well, except when they came to Lincoln. :lol:

That is so true too. Man I just rewatched this play probably 4 or 5 times. I'm come away just smiling in disbelief, like WTH just happened?!

I'm also convinced that Sean McDonough and the Fox Sports guy (That did the 2012 NU/Wisc CCG) are always the ones that get the crazy plays. If we have them as announcers. Crazy stuff is going to happen.

Gus Johnson? I love the Gusgasms!!!

Haha! Yea that guy! Those two are my favorite announcers to listen to during a game but gosh dangit. It seems like trouble follows them every time.

McDonough was the one that did the BYU hail mary, the VaTech "hail mary" in 2009. He did the Michigan/MSU game this year. Those are just the ones I know off the top of my head.

Gus Johnson is great. I love how excited he gets. He is really having a lot of fun in the booth. I like Joel Klatt with him this year. Klatt is a bright guy.

McDonough's call of the Michigan-MSU final play was amazing. His voice cracked so much because he was in so much disbelief of what happened.

• Fire 1

That is so true too. Man I just rewatched this play probably 4 or 5 times. I'm come away just smiling in disbelief, like WTH just happened?!

Yeah, I could watch that replay a dozen more times! The crowd shots and Harbaugh's expression are classic! :lol:

Yeah, I could watch that replay a dozen more times! The crowd shots and Harbaugh's expression are classic! :lol:

I think shared this story already, but what the heck.

My girlfriend (MSU fan) had given up on the game and was rage-cleaning the kitchen ( :wub: )

As soon as the punter dropped the snap, I yelled "oh sh*t!" and she came running just in time to see the touchdown.

Between that game and B1G Championship, she's asked me multiple times how I can deal with the weekly emotional roller coaster that is college football since she likes basketball a lot more. I never have a response. I guess I'm used to it by now

• Fire 1

I think shared this story already, but what the heck.

My girlfriend (MSU fan) had given up on the game and was rage-cleaning the kitchen ( :wub: )

As soon as the punter dropped the snap, I yelled "oh sh*t!" and she came running just in time to see the touchdown.

Between that game and B1G Championship, she's asked me multiple times how I can deal with the weekly emotional roller coaster that is college football since she likes basketball a lot more. I never have a response. I guess I'm used to it by now

Sex...is what I suggest you tell her ;)