spring game stud

who will have the best showing in the spring game  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i remember listening to the spring game last year while ZT was putting on quite the show. now that this years game is coming up soon, who do you think will emerge as the games most impressive player?

in my opinion ZT has already proven himself to be the man so he doesn't have to break the passing recond again this year, but i wouldn't be surprised if he did. i think it's going to be one of the backs but i'm not sure which one yet.

Personally, I think Zack Taylor will be outstanding. However, I voted for Glenn simply because I think we all expect Taylor to do exceptionally well in the spring, and I took the poll to mean more along the lines of, "Who will be the 'breakout' player"?

To be honest, what I'm really looking for is the progress in the offensive line. Yes, there are some question concerning the defensive line and the secondary, but the season hinges on the play of the offensive line. If they perform well, the backs have holes to hit, Taylor has time to read the defense and complete passes, and the pressure is off the defense.

First, I think overall the spring should be very productive for everyone on the squad.

I'm going with Glenn. If he keeps up the good stuff he is doing in spring ball so far.

That or someone on the DL.

I'd have to agree with you on Glenn. From what I have read so far he has looked very impressive, not a mention really of any of the other backs performance yet. Still several practices left, though. Hopefully he is the real deal like StillWatchin' has preached for months. I'd love to see it. :thumbs

I agree that everyone expects ZT to do well and that the starting position is his. Having said that I think that Beck is going to come out and be given a lot of reps during the game and he will have a great day.

Leon, Cody and Marlon will all be sharing most of the time out there so their numbers will not show their true ability.

I hope I can make it back to NE to watch the spring game.

GBR

First, I think overall the spring should be very productive for everyone on the squad.

I'm going with Glenn. If he keeps up the good stuff he is doing in spring ball so far.

I'd have to agree with you on Glenn. From what I have read so far he has looked very impressive, not a mention really of any of the other backs performance yet. Still several practices left, though. Hopefully he is the real deal like StillWatchin' has preached for months. I'd love to see it. :thumbs

Glenn is my vote too. And I've been saying he's the real deal...and believing it too. He is an animal and we're all going to see it. C-Train is coming.

Glenn is my vote too. And I've been saying he's the real deal...and believing it too. He is an animal and we're all going to see it. C-Train is coming.

can I change my vote? just kidding...but I'm loving the hype glenn is getting and I don't doubt him one bit...can't wait to see the big guy bust through tackles next season...

Sometimes the breakout player of the spring game has no bearing in the Fall. Chris Butler had two really good spring games in 1999 and 2000 but ended up getting lost in the RB stable. He transferred back home to Auburn and tried to vie for time with Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams. He ended up quitting the team.

Taylor should put up big numbers like last year. But remember Joe Dailey looked good in his spring game showcase a couple years ago. I hope a couple receivers show they are stepping up their game. I still think Nate Swift is the man.

Remember in the past when a RB would pancake a LB or DB and keep going. I think Glenn is that kinda RB. I think the others would be considered more of a finesse runner using lanes and slashing through gaps. C-train acomin comin round the bend. :)

JIMHO

GBR

Just out of curiousity, do you think the game could be close? We have some proven backups in a lot of positions... and some positions which are pretty much unspoken for, so could you see it being close?

I am still waiting for LJax to bust out, i hope that its on the 2nd team squad this year at running back, catching some passes and making some good runs.

And like was said before i think Glenn is gonna be a stud in this game along with Taylor (which should be a given).

Also, any WR's gonna make an unexpected impact???