Scott Frost to coach at KSU

This really doesn't make sense to me...scott frost are you for real? ksu??? you'll be on the purple side when neb and ksu matchup every year from now on? I don't like this at all, but yeah I guess whats best for him...even if ksu is the "best" for him?...

I'm guessing ksu is going to be really good in a couple years in both football and basketball.

Yep...they'll probably proclaim Frost as the next 'Malcolm X'. ;)

Oh wait, he's from Wood River.

I think he will do well there. I wouldn't be suprised after 2 years if he isn't kept on full time. It doesn't bother me a bit they got him, I'm excited for him. He can't stand the new coaches anyways. It is really no different then us getting CU's Watson and Gilmore. It is part of the coaching business.

In the coaching profession you go wherever you can go. To start at a Div 1 school before coaching lower isn't to shabby. Good Luck. I guarentee he'll still root for NU except when playing KST plays'em :restore2

This really doesn't make sense to me...scott frost are you for real? ksu??? you'll be on the purple side when neb and ksu matchup every year from now on? I don't like this at all, but yeah I guess whats best for him...even if ksu is the "best" for him?...

I'm guessing ksu is going to be really good in a couple years in both football and basketball.

Yeah cause princess has proven how great of a coach he is :blink:

You don't have to be proven to know they are going to be a good coach. I use Bob stoops and Leach as examples.

And what exactly has Mike Leach won? Yeah, exactly.

He's got NEbraska in his back pocket.

You don't have to be proven to know they are going to be a good coach.  I use Bob stoops and Leach as examples.

Stoops had plenty of success as a DC before he became a Head Coach. UV's offense wasn't any good under Prince and KSU, FU had pretty darn good defenses under Stoops. So if you ask me Stoops doesn't fit your example.

His virginia team averaged pts then we did last year and more yards and didn't have near the defense we had.

His virginia team averaged pts then we did last year and more yards and didn't have near the defense we had.

And also had much more experience than NU did and all they could must was 1.5 more points per game and win 1 less game? I have read articles online from a couple Virginia papers, and they are more than happy to have him leave after what he has/hasn't displayed what he can/can't do.

Anyways, good luck to Scott, I hope he can start his career off coaching and then go to a real school.

Former Nebraska Star QB Joins KSU Football Staff

Associated Press

Monday, March 27, 2006

Former Nebraska quarterback Scott Frost has accepted an offer to become a graduate assistant at Kansas State.

Frost led the Cornhuskers to a 13-0 record and a share of the 1997 national championship.

The 31-year-old Frost says he'll work as a defensive coach under coordinator Raheem Morris. Frost says he'll always have Nebraska in his heart. But he says Kansas State seems to be the best place to start his coaching career.

Kansas State has become a major football rival for Nebraska, and Frost says he know it might be hard for Cornhusker fans to accept him as a member of the Wildcats' staff.

Before the LJS blog I would have had no problem with Frost going anywhere to coach. After the blog, it is pretty evident that Frost is only about how NU "used" to be and not how they are now, this is not the kind of true husker i care to worry about. I find it hard to believe that he is going to KSU simply because it's a "great" fit and a good place to start. I think it goes deeper than that.

BTW, Benard you have added nothing to this discussion and it would be really nice for you to explain any of your opinions because at this point all it does is make people mad. Your lack of effort at explaining yourself gives me no incentive to argue with you. If you decide to actually put some effort into your trolling and explain why you hate this staff, I will have civil discussion with you.

Before the LJS blog I would have had no problem with Frost going anywhere to coach. After the blog, it is pretty evident that Frost is only about how NU "used" to be and not how they are now, this is not the kind of true husker i care to worry about. I find it hard to believe that he is going to KSU simply because it's a "great" fit and a good place to start. I think it goes deeper than that.

BTW, Benard you have added nothing to this discussion and it would be really nice for you to explain any of your opinions because at this point all it does is make people mad. Your lack of effort at explaining yourself gives me no incentive to argue with you. If you decide to actually put some effort into your trolling and explain why you hate this staff, I will have civil discussion with you.

I don't think Frost has ever said he doesn't like Callahan and staff. He simply questions there ability to get it done here. Wouldn't you be a little ticked if all your coaches that you had such good success with got fired? I know if my high school coaches got fired and some new know it all big shot took there place I might have some feelings aswell.

So do you feel the same way about all the former NU basketball players who have said some negative things about the program now under collier?

Before the LJS blog I would have had no problem with Frost going anywhere to coach.  After the blog, it is pretty evident that Frost is only about how NU "used" to be and not how they are now, this is not the kind of true husker i care to worry about.  I find it hard to believe that he is going to KSU simply because it's a "great" fit and a good place to start.  I think it goes deeper than that.

BTW, Benard you have added nothing to this discussion and it would be really nice for you to explain any of your opinions because at this point all it does is make people mad.  Your lack of effort at explaining yourself gives me no incentive to argue with you.  If you decide to actually put some effort into your trolling and explain why you hate this staff, I will have civil discussion with you.

I don't think Frost has ever said he doesn't like Callahan and staff. He simply questions there ability to get it done here. Wouldn't you be a little ticked if all your coaches that you had such good success with got fired? I know if my high school coaches got fired and some new know it all big shot took there place I might have some feelings aswell.

So do you feel the same way about all the former NU basketball players who have said some negative things about the program now under collier?

Why, after only a year and a half as a coach who is installing a new offense, does a former player that says he is a diehard husker (even though he said his dream was to go to notre dame and actuallly went to stanford) have the right to go onto a very public forum and state that these coaches won't get the job done and still be considered free from critisim.

Frost has made it clear that he doesn't like Callahan and Co. and picked the worst time of the season to come out and say it.

Answer me this, could you ever see someone like Jason Peter coaching st KSU?

Also, of the coaches that were fired in 2003, most of them NEVER coached Scott, and even if he was upset about "his" coaches being gone, why on earth would he blame Callahan and his staff for this, it makes no sense.

As for the Collier comparison. No, I don't particularly care for former players that say he isn't a good coach, thats not their place, of course they can have their opinions though. However, Collier has had 6 years to turn the basketball program around, Callahan has had 2. "Calling out" a coach after a year and a half is a whole heck of a lot diffferent than doing it after 6 years.

Again, you never explained any of your answers (like WHY Prince is going to be a good coach, etc) you simply asked more questions and provided no explaination, I would expect nothing less.

Everyone makes choices in life. SF did what I hope he felt was the right thing not the spiteful thing. But the option insight comment was definitely funny :lol: . I don't feel that every past NU player has to return and coach at NU or can't feel different about the current program. Change is hard for most people to accept and adapt to. He may have to accept the change of getting his a$$ handed to him by NU now instead of the other way around. Still remember him laying out Dat Nguyen to break the rb loose though. Thanks for the memories Scott and good luck.