Keep an eye on Oklahoma

The Duke

If Oklahoma is serious about coming up, Kansas will likely look to jump in with them if Delaney is still interested in them for Basketball. You put em both in the West with us and move Purdue to the East, boom. Or if you REALLY wanna expand, add OU and KU to the West then Virginia and NC State to the East.

• Fire 1

If Oklahoma is serious about coming up, Kansas will likely look to jump in with them if Delaney is still interested in them for Basketball. You put em both in the West with us and move Purdue to the East, boom. Or if you REALLY wanna expand, add OU and KU to the West then Virginia and NC State to the East.

If anything does happen with Oklahoma to the Big Ten I agree that Kansas will be right behind them. I actually don't think Oklahoma would join alone, I think it would be a packaged deal.

At this juncture I don't see the Big Ten adding anymore teams from the East. I think they could try to solidify the Big Ten West with Oklahoma & Kansas and be done with an impressive 16-team conference that spans both the Central & Eastern time zones with some major media markets.

Personally, as an old Big-8 guy, if this does happen I would honestly feel bad for Iowa State, Kansas State, & Oklahoma State, because I see no avenue for their inclusion into the Big Ten.

• Fire 1

I would be thrilled to be in a division that included:

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Iowa

Kansas

Minnesota

Northwestern

Purdue

Iowa State, Okie Lite and K-Sucks would be in a bad situation. The Big 12 would basically be dying and they would have to scrape to jump in with Texas or take an invite to the Mouintain West.

Why in the hell would any school in the Big Ten be interested in going to that conference?

What Sam McKewon and the Tulsa World article are referencing is NOT any of the Big Ten teams joining the Big 12 conference, rather the potential that Oklahoma could join the Big Ten.

David Boren, the Oklahoma President has a wish-list of things that he wants the Big 12 to act on, and if they don't than it is possible Oklahoma will start looking at other options.

Would love to give Rutgers or Maryland the boot for these guys

Both were added based on much more than just academics and sports. http://adage.com/article/media/east-young-man-expansion-a-boon-big-ten-network/300748/

Their markets were huge addition in terms of TV sets.

Oklahoma seems like a better fit for the SEC than the Big Ten. IMO.

Agreed.

One day I could see the SEC going to 20 by adding FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, Okie Lite & OU. Pushing the Big Ten to finish off the ACC by taking UNC, Louisville, Duke, Pitt, VT & forcing Notre Dumb in. Then the Pac12 will sweep in & take what they want from the Big 12.

As we move into another offseason...keep an eye on Oklahoma.

Yes, the NCAA gave the Big 12 a shot in the arm by allowing them to stage a conference championship game with 10 teams, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it has satisfied everyone in that conference.

Oklahoma's President David Boren is tired of Big 12's "little brother status"

http://m.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/johnehoover/john-e-hoover-david-boren-tired-of-big-s-little/article_cd7816c7-5571-5ebe-9392-3911e9337f83.html?mode=jqm

Would absolutely love for OU to join the Big 10.. as long as we can get our game back. yes, I have heard all the "they didn't care" blah blah blah, but that game matters in the NCAA, or would matter from the start. it would be a shot in the arm recruiting wise!