What level of winning should we be seeing in a 15-year span?

What level of winning should we see in a 15 year span?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And to be clear, I am assuming a continuation of the 4-team playoff. Where a conference title doesn't guarantee a spot.

The advocates for an 8 team playoff took a major hit this year by the ratings dip. This can be easily remedies by moving playoff games to January 1st.
I agree, although I would prefer to see the champ game on the 1st with semis the week before. I think the layoff is a big part of the problem. CFP could own December like BB owns March IMO.
I would prefer keeping the playoff games on the 1st regardless of venue. Then move the National Championshio game to the following Saturday, Monday night sucks if your team makes it and you wanna celebrate.
The NFL playoffs are in full swing by the 2nd weekend of January, and they play Saturday and Sunday. The National Championship game isn't moving off Monday night.
Like I said move the game up to like the first weekend after January 1st. If the NFL has already taken that Saturdau over, do the game on a Fridau night. I hate the Monday night time slot.

If the semis are on Jan. 1st or 2nd, they need to go into the 2nd week of January, so it will always compete with the NFL time slots.

Friday night TV is the worst time slot for TV channels, Monday is one of the best. It's not moving off the Monday slot.

And to be clear, I am assuming a continuation of the 4-team playoff. Where a conference title doesn't guarantee a spot.

The advocates for an 8 team playoff took a major hit this year by the ratings dip. This can be easily remedies by moving playoff games to January 1st.
I agree, although I would prefer to see the champ game on the 1st with semis the week before. I think the layoff is a big part of the problem. CFP could own December like BB owns March IMO.
I would prefer keeping the playoff games on the 1st regardless of venue. Then move the National Championshio game to the following Saturday, Monday night sucks if your team makes it and you wanna celebrate.
The NFL playoffs are in full swing by the 2nd weekend of January, and they play Saturday and Sunday. The National Championship game isn't moving off Monday night.
Like I said move the game up to like the first weekend after January 1st. If the NFL has already taken that Saturdau over, do the game on a Fridau night. I hate the Monday night time slot.

If the semis are on Jan. 1st or 2nd, they need to go into the 2nd week of January, so it will always compete with the NFL time slots.

Friday night TV is the worst time slot for TV channels, Monday is one of the best. It's not moving off the Monday slot.

New Years eve is an awful spot for the college Semi's. And I think the college final would hold up fine on a Friday.

New Years eve is an awful spot for the college Semi's. And I think the college final would hold up fine on a Friday.
Are you the guy from the CFP who also thought the TV ratings would be fine on New Year's Eve?

Are you the guy from the CFP who also thought the TV ratings would be fine on New Year's Eve?

Are you drunk? My first sentence of a two sentence post was....

How do you expect conference championships? We have not won one in 16 years. Now with what many call the worst AD, the worst coach, the toughest schedules, we will win multiple division, conference and possibly NC in the next 15 years. Other than being clad in Red, looking through Red tinted glasses, what on earth gives you this confidence.

We need to win a division title, and do it convincingly.

I want these things just like everyone else but expecting them means you have a reason to. I would just like to hear the reasons.

This attitude is the very reason the past coaches have failed. Expectations beyond what is realistically possible.

Could it all happen, I would guess so. But western Nebraska could be ocean front property soon to.

We need to build a foundation, a winning pattern, respect for our competitors and our players. But most of all a respect for those the lead the program. Not a single one of them caused these problems, but they are being blamed for them and held accountable for instant success. Things just don't happen that way.

• Fire 1

I agree that Coach Riley is changing the mindset of the team. But there is a lot of talent setting in Columbus, Ann Arbor and a couple other places. We need to take a closer look at how the SEC recruits, the manpower dedicated to it. I think Coach Riley understands that.

I have hope we can turn the corner, but I can see reasons for it taking time. Just want to see him get the time and to build a smooth transition to who ever takes over. I agree he is not going to be here for 15 years. But the end of the season gave me hope for this team. We need to focus on positives, and him and his staff need to give those to us. I think we will see improvement next year, but not sure about CC. Division a possibility for sure.

I'm happy to see a "bell curve" in the voting. I'm not a statistician, but I think that is a good sign that you have a good read on the average opinion.

Also, I added a few choices at the bottom of the poll. I kind of realized that I needed more options after-the-fact. Sorry about that. :hmmph

I'm pretty sure you can delete your vote and re-vote if you like the new options better.

How do you expect conference championships? We have not won one in 16 years. Now with what many call the worst AD, the worst coach, the toughest schedules, we will win multiple division, conference and possibly NC in the next 15 years. Other than being clad in Red, looking through Red tinted glasses, what on earth gives you this confidence.

I want these things just like everyone else but expecting them means you have a reason to. I would just like to hear the reasons.

This attitude is the very reason the past coaches have failed. Expectations beyond what is realistically possible.

Could it all happen, I would guess so. But western Nebraska could be ocean front property soon to.

We need to build a foundation, a winning pattern, respect for our competitors and our players. But most of all a respect for those the lead the program. Not a single one of them caused these problems, but they are being blamed for them and held accountable for instant success. Things just don't happen that way.

If that's the case, then we should have never fired Frank, Bill, or Bo.

As for why people expect a conference championship? Because Nebraska's history, resources, and dedication of the fanbase warrant it. We're a top 10 program historically, at worse a top 15 resource (money/facilities) school, and arguably have the most dedicated fanbase in the entire history of the sport.

At the very least, Nebraska can have the success that Wisconsin and MSU have had over the past 5 or so years.

• Fire 1

Saunders' last line is spot on. I'd put good money on the odds of us winning at least one conference championship before 2030 - it would be really hard not to. All big time programs have gone through slump seasons, some longer than others. We were the definition of consistency for almost 50 years while other elite blue bloods went in and out. Honestly we were due, but just because it's RIGHT NOW doesn't mean that it's from here on out. There's not a single reason other than bad luck that we can't or won't find at least similar success compared to a Wisconsin or Baylor or someone.

As for why people expect a conference championship? Because Nebraska's history, resources, and dedication of the fanbase warrant it. We're a top 10 program historically, at worse a top 15 resource (money/facilities) school, and arguably have the most dedicated fanbase in the entire history of the sport.

At the very least, Nebraska can have the success that Wisconsin and MSU have had over the past 5 or so years.

fans don't win championships.......sure kids like our support, but you need top notch support from the admin. and AD and damn good coaches.....fans don't win games

fans don't win championships.......sure kids like our support, but you need top notch support from the admin. and AD and damn good coaches.....fans don't win games

Obviously. But the support shows we care, which which means the admin should know they have to put their full support behind the program, something I don't think has been the case for awhile.

Obviously. But the support shows we care, which which means the admin should know they have to put their full support behind the program, something I don't think has been the case for awhile.

agree, i see your point....