Asst Coach Contracts

macroboy

The article on Bray getting an extension made me wonder a couple of things.

Do all asst coach contracts expire on 1/31?

If so, does hearing about Bray getting an extension mean some others won't? or am I reading into it?

If contracts are yearly, wouldn't it make more sense from a recruiting perspective to have the contracts run from the day after signing day to the day after singing day?

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/contract-extension-for-lbs-coach-trent-bray-in-the-works/article_61a3c2ca-c45d-11e5-bca8-d7c92785ff38.html

Pretty sure Bray was the only one who got a one-year contract. Everyone else got two years.

I have no idea why that would be.

He wanted a 1-year when he came in. More leverage to renegotiate more often. Risky move but pretty smart if you are going to produce like he has.

• Fire 2

Bray is going to get all kinds of opportunities in the near future. Hope we can hang onto him.

Very true. Did a great job with what he had to work with i.e. injuries, freshman, walk ons etc....Talent was there, but rarely on the field at the same time. He did a great job bringing guys along. Good experience going into next year.